Superman Returns Have your thoughts about the suit changed?

Nah change is good and SR need some if there were to be a sequel.

There IS a sequel planned, but I really dont see the suit changing...realistically.

He may get another secondary suit though, like the gray one....maybe in black, who knows.

Lower neckline, bigger \S/, and higher belt would be great. Losing the belt buckle would be nice too. Maybe there's enough complaining that Singer will do it for the next one, but if not I can live with it.

The neck line is to high and the cape looks like a towel tucked into a t-shirt. I wish they had gone with the comic look where the top of the S-shield is the neck line, and the cape goes over the shoulders and tucks into the shield. The trunks are still to small.

I think that they should take a fresh approach for the 21st century and do something much more along the lines of The Matrix...or even Batman. It would be cool...and by cool I mean totally sweet.:up:
displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Venom71 said:
Or changing nothing on the suit in the sequel would be alright also :D

With you that would be alright.

With me ... I'd like to see at least the buckle changed.

Let's not forget that we're talking opinions here, OK?

My biggest complaints at the beginning were the buckle, and no \S/ logo on the cape, as I have said many times before.

Once I did some research and found that Singer has actually gone back and added elements from different incarnations of Superman, thus arriving at the logo on the belt, I embraced and now love that element.

I know that there are numerous representations of Superman without the logo on the cape, but I would have liked to see an update of that logo on the back of the cape when I first saw some of the photos. Now I think it looks fine without it.

I'm sure Singer will make some modifications to the suit since more than likely Brandon won't fit in the one's made for SR by the time the sequel goes into production.

My bet is the neckline will be widened, but that's probably it.........

I think that will probably be one of the so called major changes. It will probably be more subtle changes to the suit like with Spiderman. Unless the story calls for a different suit, such as a Kingdom Come type storyline.

Kirby&Ditko said:
The neck line is to high and the cape looks like a towel tucked into a t-shirt. I wish they had gone with the comic look where the top of the S-shield is the neck line, and the cape goes over the shoulders and tucks into the shield. The trunks are still to small.

Um . . . what comics are you reading?

The cape does not tuck intothe shield and the shield and neck line are not at the same spot.

As for changes, I know that they will NOT make the \S/ bigger, or put the \S/ on the cape. Of those two I only want the \S/ on the cape though. The shield size is fine for me as is now, having seen it better.

The BIG thing that I want to see fixed, not changed, FIXED is the neck line. Just look at the got milk add, it shows how flimsy the cape looks attached to the tight neckline. There's almost no room for it in there and it just looks weak, both the cape in it and the neck line itself.

I can live with the buckle, but would prefer just a solid diamond rather then one with the S in it. Especially if it's the belt or the cape. I know why they say they do not have it on there, saying it would be a pain to animate (tell that to the people who did the carpet in Alladin, way more to it in design then having the \S/ on a red sheet) and saying that it is just not recognizable when in motion.

Well it was recognizable in the old ones, and in Lois and Clark. Also, doing the \S/ as a reverse of the one on the frong, that is with the red in the negative spaces would help deffine it, and the recognition factor is null and void any ways simply because it is too recognizable already. Everyone will recognize that cape, especially if they see it in a movie about Superman, lol.

But as I said, I doubt that will change.

The only thing that I REALLY want to see change is the neck line. It is also the only thing that i think may be changed as the rest are things that they have already become hard set on with their own "justifications."

It's not the duit, I'm worried about.
It's fine, really.
It's the movie plot I don't particularly like.

You know, to fix the neckline, it doesn't even have to be widened/lowered all that much.

Just the way the cape frames it needes to change. A lot of modern Superman artists have pretty close necklines... but they still have that horizontal line formed at the top of the chest by the cape, and the cape covers the shoulders more rather than hanging merely from his neck.

How kick-arse would this style cape look on Brandon? It's not exactly 100% traditional, but it's more traditional than BRandon's and it just LOOKS way better.

04.jpg
06.jpg

As for the \S/, I think the shield would look slightly better if it was the same width but stretched slightly taller - that way it'd be bigger and fill more of the chest, but not cause the troubles of folding up when he crosses his arms etc.

I still think that moron at comic con should have asked Singer about the suit after doing some of his homework, I hated how that guy asked him about it. That is why he was owned.

That whole thing was ownage to the max. I knew singer was going to bring out his "well the suit changed in teh comics lol" (lol no, some artists just drew it wrong.) stick and bash it on his head.

I know it's off topic but why the frell is Lois flying with superman in that comic?

All Star Superman. Read it. Live it. Know it.

Okay, maybe not live it. but it's some prime Morrison/Quitely loveliness.

Fatboy Roberts said:

Everyone should be buying it :up:

Whatever my feelings about the suit may be (I like it more everyday that passes!) I can only say one thing. Routh wears it well!!!

I was never really crazy about the suit...I've seen manips here that are far better than the version we're getting.....but I don't hate the suit, either. As long as the story and acting are good....and we get the booming Williams theme, I will splooge all over my boxers when I finally see it.

Fatboy Roberts said:

Indeed, it's shaping up (so far) to be finest depiction of the character in years.

lujho said:
You know, to fix the neckline, it doesn't even have to be widened/lowered all that much.

Just the way the cape frames it needes to change. A lot of modern Superman artists have pretty close necklines... but they still have that horizontal line formed at the top of the chest by the cape, and the cape covers the shoulders more rather than hanging merely from his neck.

How kick-arse would this style cape look on Brandon? It's not exactly 100% traditional, but it's more traditional than BRandon's and it just LOOKS way better.

04.jpg
06.jpg

As for the \S/, I think the shield would look slightly better if it was the same width but stretched slightly taller - that way it'd be bigger and fill more of the chest, but not cause the troubles of folding up when he crosses his arms etc.

Mediocrity plagues this production. From Donner hommage, suit design, lead's appearance. Your example of how to improve costume design is just another glaring indication.

Thank Rao for digital effects and the William's theme, the movie wont be a total waste.

you NEEDED to quote the whole pic for the third time to ask that one-line question? C'mon now :)

wikipedia All-Star Superman. It's a really cool sort of "ultimate" take on the Superman mythos, sort of aping silver-age Superman stories at their best. Superman endows Lois with super-powers for her birthday. The why and how and the rest of how her day goes to be discovered on your own later when you read it, as you really SHOULD read it as a fan of the character.

Fatboy Roberts said:
you NEEDED to quote the whole pic for the third time to ask that one-line question? C'mon now :)

wikipedia All-Star Superman. It's a really cool sort of "ultimate" take on the Superman mythos, sort of aping silver-age Superman stories at their best. Superman endows Lois with super-powers for her birthday. The why and how and the rest of how her day goes to be discovered on your own later when you read it, as you really SHOULD read it as a fan of the character.

In the UK, we get the comics ages after you do. :(

weak sauce. I forgot about that man, my bad.

Yeah, wiki up "All-Star Superman" it should give you a plot breakdown at the least, I'd think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"