1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

Voting is now over! Stay tuned for the awards ceremony!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

HBO Max Series

Discussion in 'The Batman' started by Sawyer, Oct 8, 2020.

1. KGBANE Registered

Good point! I forgot that Matt doesn't want to focus on origins. I wouldn't mind seeing a Catwoman show that place after the movie. Omg a Black Canary show is needed!

2. Boom I got nothin'

3. WatchProtect Registered

More and more I'm beginning to think the GCPD show has kinda morphed into an Arkham Asylum and GCPD, back and forth show.

Especially based on certain rumors.

4. Boom I got nothin'

I wonder who's gonna show uuuuuup.

WatchProtect likes this.
  5. Sawyer High King

'The Batman': Matt Reeves on Robert Pattison, COVID, and Superheroes - Variety

6. signalman Registered

I would love an ARKHAM series if it was done as an Analogy series.
    Each episode would focus on an inmate like Hugo Strange or Cornelius Sirk as an example.
    Do a JOKER episode, that way we don't have to see in the trilogy. :oldrazz:

Luke995 and Lautox like this.
  7. Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

I wonder how the penguin series would work especially given
    his rise to power comes in the absence of Carmine Falcone, like who else could we see attempt to seize power? Part of me feels like they could bring in his children and have them all place their bid in a power grab. Maybe they're greedy and only came back to gotham snatch up what they feel is theirs.
    I would also be open to seeing him go up against other gotham underworld types like Black mask, great white shark, or even a gangster version of Maxie Zeus.

8. Lautox Johnny Slick

Gangster Bane or Two face?

9. Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

I'd save them for a proper sequel honestly.

10. Joined:
    Jun 13, 2019
    The possibility of Reeves directing some of the Penguin show is a nice surprise.

I have a powerful need for Ventriloquist as Oz's enemy for the series. Imagine Colin yelling at a ****ing puppet.

J.Drangal and Luke995 like this.
  11. TheSmoothKnight Registered

More details on the Arkham TV series. Around the 7:00 minute mark

12. Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

Ventriloquist would be really cool too. I can only imagine what choice words Oz would have for him.

Luke995 likes this.
  13. Joined:
    Jun 13, 2019
    My love of Gotham Central makes me a bit sad that its drifting away from that concept. Still, Arkham is exciting! It has played a shockingly limited role on film when you really look back on it.

14. Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

After five seasons of GOTHAM, I'm glad this has pivoted to a project about Arkham Asylum. As a locale, it is rife with possibilities and offers something fresh as opposed to another police procedural. I'm sure the GCPD stuff could still factor in here in someway.

Lautox, GREEN =w= DAY and emielaen like this.
  15. Joined:
    Jun 13, 2019
    The horror aspect is also exciting because Joe Barton wrote the absolutely stellar horror film The Ritual.

16. LifesEnd Registered

always figured an Arkham show would fit well in this universe. if done well its an awards contender even. the Arkham family storyline is pretty messed up too...

17. Deck Rickard #HeadlessSuperman

Regarding this Penguin series… they better not pull any punches and try to humanize him too much. I want to see him take his place as a ruthless, unrepentant crime lord.

We better not get some “Falcone ruled with fear; I intend to rule with respect” ****.

18. VonRomberg Registered

I think the other underworld types would be best - Black Mask particularly. Some version of the red hood gang, Black Mask, Maroni’s gang - they’ll have a few options to do Batman Sopranos with.

19. Sawyer High King

Giacchino hasn’t scored a full season of television in ages, but I really do hope he cooks up something for this and the Penguin series (considering he didn’t really have a piece of music to himself in the film).

20. Boom I got nothin'

Basically, I want the Arkham series to be a loose adaptation of the Amadeus Arkham storyline from A Serious House on Serious Earth. The main character is a psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum looking to make a name for himself* by profiling Gotham's serial killers. The series is mostly anthological in nature, with each episode being a therapy session for a different villain, but the whole series is tied together by the psychiatrist's character arc. The psychiatrist has his own deep-rooted psychological trauma, and he slowly starts to unravel as he goes deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole with these villains. The series ultimately ends with the psychiatrist having a complete psychotic break and becoming a patient himself.

Plays very much into the "haunted house" type of story that Reeves was talking about, with the asylum itself being this sort of cursed, "living" entity that dooms all those who enter it.

*Could easily gender-swap this

#195 Boom, Mar 28, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
  21. antsman41 Unseen Arkham Prisoner

Each episode pertains to a different villain... flashbacks used to dig more into them. Think Orange Is The New Black/Oz meets Mindhunter.

SwordOfMorning likes this.
  22. Far2D Registered

Dr. Harleen Quinzel? Maybe without naming her, just implying that it could be. Good idea nonetheless.

23. Boom I got nothin'

Hannibal meets Mindhunter.

antsman41 and SwordOfMorning like this.
  24. Sawyer High King

Give me Maxie Zeus or give me death.

WatchProtect likes this.
  25. Invader Joker Registered

Harleen Quinzel makes waaaay too much sense as the lead in this, especially seeing how Reeves really wants to emphasize how manipulative this Joker is. I really think we'll see her.