Max Series

that'd be neat but dunno if thats something this universe will cover. Id like that stuff for the black canary movie though and it does seem it will cover that..with teases and rumours. have green arrow be in that vein too(even if its his son that one of dc's best martial artists).
Good point! I forgot that Matt doesn't want to focus on origins. I wouldn't mind seeing a Catwoman show that place after the movie. Omg a Black Canary show is needed!

More and more I'm beginning to think the GCPD show has kinda morphed into an Arkham Asylum and GCPD, back and forth show.

Especially based on certain rumors.

'The Batman': Matt Reeves on Robert Pattison, COVID, and Superheroes - Variety

At the same time, superhero franchises have led many top filmmakers, like James Gunn (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “The Suicide Squad”) and Ryan Coogler (“Black Panther”), to go all-in on comic book adaptations, developing TV projects that further expand the worlds of their movies. Reeves is no exception: He’s working on two spinoff TV series for HBO Max, one about the Gotham City Police Department and the other about the rise to power of midlevel gangster Oswald “Oz” Cobblepot, aka the Penguin. The latter series, which Lauren LeFranc (“Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”) is writing, is much closer to shooting, but it arose after Reeves mentioned offhand to some studio executives that he thought a second “Batman” movie could focus on how Oz became a crime kingpin.

“And they were like, ‘Oh, we want to do that as a show,’” Reeves says with a chuckle.

He’s quick to add that he still has no idea whether he’ll next direct the Penguin series, or a second “Batman” movie, or both, let alone what that movie would be about, or who would appear in it. All that will be decided after he takes a much-needed break with his wife and 10-year-old son. (He certainly needs it: In a terribly irony, Reeves contracted COVID at some point after his interview with Variety, which he announcedvia video at the March 1 premiere of “The Batman” in New York City.)

I would love an ARKHAM series if it was done as an Analogy series.
Each episode would focus on an inmate like Hugo Strange or Cornelius Sirk as an example.
Do a JOKER episode, that way we don't have to see in the trilogy. :oldrazz:

I wonder how the penguin series would work especially given
his rise to power comes in the absence of Carmine Falcone, like who else could we see attempt to seize power? Part of me feels like they could bring in his children and have them all place their bid in a power grab. Maybe they're greedy and only came back to gotham snatch up what they feel is theirs.
I would also be open to seeing him go up against other gotham underworld types like Black mask, great white shark, or even a gangster version of Maxie Zeus.

his rise to power comes in the absence of Carmine Falcone, like who else could we see attempt to seize power? Part of me feels like they could bring in his children and have them all place their bid in a power grab. Maybe they're greedy and only came back to gotham snatch up what they feel is theirs.
I would also be open to seeing him go up against other gotham underworld types like Black mask, great white shark, or even a gangster version of Maxie Zeus.
Gangster Bane or Two face?

The possibility of Reeves directing some of the Penguin show is a nice surprise.

I have a powerful need for Ventriloquist as Oz's enemy for the series. Imagine Colin yelling at a ****ing puppet.

Ventriloquist would be really cool too. I can only imagine what choice words Oz would have for him.

My love of Gotham Central makes me a bit sad that its drifting away from that concept. Still, Arkham is exciting! It has played a shockingly limited role on film when you really look back on it.

After five seasons of GOTHAM, I'm glad this has pivoted to a project about Arkham Asylum. As a locale, it is rife with possibilities and offers something fresh as opposed to another police procedural. I'm sure the GCPD stuff could still factor in here in someway.

The horror aspect is also exciting because Joe Barton wrote the absolutely stellar horror film The Ritual.

always figured an Arkham show would fit well in this universe. if done well its an awards contender even. the Arkham family storyline is pretty messed up too...

Regarding this Penguin series… they better not pull any punches and try to humanize him too much. I want to see him take his place as a ruthless, unrepentant crime lord.

We better not get some “Falcone ruled with fear; I intend to rule with respect” ****.

I think the other underworld types would be best - Black Mask particularly. Some version of the red hood gang, Black Mask, Maroni’s gang - they’ll have a few options to do Batman Sopranos with.

Giacchino hasn’t scored a full season of television in ages, but I really do hope he cooks up something for this and the Penguin series (considering he didn’t really have a piece of music to himself in the film).

Basically, I want the Arkham series to be a loose adaptation of the Amadeus Arkham storyline from A Serious House on Serious Earth. The main character is a psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum looking to make a name for himself* by profiling Gotham's serial killers. The series is mostly anthological in nature, with each episode being a therapy session for a different villain, but the whole series is tied together by the psychiatrist's character arc. The psychiatrist has his own deep-rooted psychological trauma, and he slowly starts to unravel as he goes deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole with these villains. The series ultimately ends with the psychiatrist having a complete psychotic break and becoming a patient himself.

Plays very much into the "haunted house" type of story that Reeves was talking about, with the asylum itself being this sort of cursed, "living" entity that dooms all those who enter it.

*Could easily gender-swap this

Last edited:
Basically, I want the Arkham series to be a loose adaptation of the Amadeus Arkham storyline from A Serious House on Serious Earth. The main character is a psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum looking to make a name for himself* by profiling Gotham's serial killers. The series is mostly anthological in nature, with each episode being a therapy session for a different villain, but the whole series is tied together by the psychiatrist's character arc. The psychiatrist has his own deep-rooted psychological trauma, and he slowly starts to unravel as he goes deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole with these villains. The series ultimately ends with the psychiatrist having a complete psychotic break and becoming a patient himself.

Plays very much into the "haunted house" type of story that Reeves was talking about, with the asylum itself being this sort of cursed, "living" entity that dooms all those who enter it.

Each episode pertains to a different villain... flashbacks used to dig more into them. Think Orange Is The New Black/Oz meets Mindhunter.

Dr. Harleen Quinzel? Maybe without naming her, just implying that it could be. Good idea nonetheless.

Harleen Quinzel makes waaaay too much sense as the lead in this, especially seeing how Reeves really wants to emphasize how manipulative this Joker is. I really think we'll see her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"