A Harry Potter series for Max: the One to Watch?

How is Francesca Gardiner a Succession writer? She doesn't have a single writing credit on that show. Elsewhere she is listed as a producer but from what I've checked she's not even that technically. :shrug:
Deadline doing a bang-up job per usual.

9pW.gif

I went from "ok, this could actually turn out good" to "ah right, they're doing the classic cheap yes people handling a massive franchise search routine".
It depends how you feel about His Dark Materials.

It depends how you feel about His Dark Materials.
I liked the first two seasons of His Dark Material a lot, the third one where she was mostly involved not so much, but Jack Thorne was the showrunner so it doesn't mean that much to me either way.

My point is that Hollywood prefers to hand over massive projects to people relatively inexperienced so that they're cheap and they don't cause many creative differences, in order for the producers to actually be in charge. It happened with Wheel of Time and even more so with The Rings of Power, and this seems like a similar case. Logic dictates that they should give something as big to a more acclaimed name or a more seasond writer, but they usually think that the product is going to sell itself so they don't bother that much.

To be clear by no means am I saying that an inexperienced person can't deliver something great or that studios shouldn't trust them with big projects, it's me that I don't trust studios to do so because they actually have faith in them and not in order to have better control of them.

I was actually thinking about a Harry Potter HBO Maxx series the other day. I think if it happens it should take inspiration from The Mandalorian by taking place after their respective original films. Taking place in the past is more restrictive and a post-Deathly Hallows series could take the franchise forward and build hype towards whenever they inevitably do more Harry Potter films with the original cast.
I had a thought about this after Deathly Hallows. The Weasley twins were absolutely my favorite characters as they reminded me of, well, me.

So, here's my opening "The auror George Weasley was exhausted and sat back in his chair at the Dragon's Lair....."

The general idea is that, because they were twins and because of their collaboration, Fred's essence joined with his brother and he became much more powerful than he was even before. Beyond explanation, his ear actually healed and he was seeking out a cabal of dark wizards that had spread across Europe. This group had been wreaking havoc in the wizarding world and many were those who survived the downfall of Voldemort. However, there was one, young dark wizard who united them. Over time, George puts together a very small group of wizards who assist him in rooting out this new danger. Fred could even assist and converse with him in a ghostly kind of form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"