The Dark Knight Heath Ledger Dead - ALL talk/rememberance and discussion in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too right, as I said, it's not like it's a liberal democracy where people have the right to protest, and freedom of speech and choice and expression.

And again, you're right, who the hell do these people think they are coming to the US and thinking that they should be treated equally?! It's not as if it's ENSHRINED in the constitution that all human's are equal or anything.

I totally agree. All foreign people in the US should be rounded up, and put together, concentrated, if you will, in some sort of complex, some sort of camp or something? So we can systematically deprive them of basic human rights.

I like the way you guys are thinking.

No, that's not the point I was making at all. I was simply saying that he's not American so you were referring to him in the wrong way. The Internet, as far as I know, has a hell of a lot more freedom than any "freedom of speech" in the Constitution anyway. The First Amendment provides for freedom of speech by Americans on the Internet, but even within the Internet itself, you're allowed to say a lot more than you would in print or even through your own voice out in public. You usually can't get sued for saying bad things about people on the Internet. Otherwise the WBC would not have a website right now. Damiean's not in China, so he can write whatever the heck he wants.

So, say if there was a thread for Pol Pot, or Hitler, or slobodan milosevic, and people were on it all upset and stuff about their deaths, do you think a person would be out of line to shoot down people who cared about them? Cos, you know, they were kind of evil.

Now. Before you all get your lacey knickers in a twist, I'm not saying that heath ledger is a mass murdering psychopath in real life, and i'm not comparing him to the aforementioned...

All I'm saying is that i don't think it's trolling, I think it's expressing a different opinion to the rest of you, no matter how much you may disagree with it.

Unless of course that's what trolling is, disagreeing with the masses? I dunno all this new interweb vernacular.

I mean, if you want SHH! to start a policy whereby anybody who disagrees with the masses is systematically and industrially banned, executed from the boards, if you follow me, then, you know, it's your prerogative. It's something along the lines of ethnic cleansing, but still.. Whatever floats your boat, eh!?

I, however, don't think it's appropriate to mistreat minorities because they believe in something different to you.

I think you are taking truly evil people and comparing them to Heath. Which is ****ing ridiculous. He's not coming in here and saying "Heath killed millions of Jews, you shouldn't mourn him!".

And btw, I'm sure there ARE places on the internet where people talk about how they mourn for Hitler. But I don't find those website and go to their threads and say "You're a bunch of morons for mourning Hitler!". Because saying **** like that is instigation, and instigation IS trolling.

And tone down the ridiculous attitude please. Never ONCE did I say everyone needs to share my opinion or the mass opinion. But putting people down is NEVER allowed on these boards. Especially when it's over a man's DEATH. There is a thing called respect, that is supposed to be inherrent in all human beings. And sometimes, it becomes apparent that people FAIL as human beings.

Point is, I don't go on a Britney Spears site and say "All of ya'll are Stooopid for liking BS!"... because I'm not a TROLL. It's not my opinion to like her, but I don't try to force it on anyone else, nor do I try to cut down anyone who feels that way. THAT is respecting someone's opinion.

MY local news in New Jersey just said something that celebrities have been take for a ride and a cruel joke of some heath ledger stuff? Anyone else see this?

Think my news needs to check there sources..
Yeah i saw it on CNN or sum news prick was talkin bout how someone posed as Ledgers dad and was calling people like Bale, Heaths' X's, man i cant remember who else but yea, supposedly it happened. But i thought id hear more bc thats rather sick...so not sure if its TMZ gossip or fact.

Um, my mistake.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to explain to me what bearing, if any, in that case, whether or not Damiean is a US citizen has on anything?

Probably none. I know you're not a citizen either. Does it matter? No. What he said had nothing to do with this either. Doesn't mean you need to go on a rant about how all immigrants should be shipped out of the US, because that's not what he said at all. Or implied or anything of that nature.

Okay, your comparison between Heath and Hitler is beyond insulting kindly **** and GTFO

LOL... You DID read that post right? You DID see the part where I explicitly said not to get your knickers in a twist and that i wasn't comparing him to the aforementioned???

You DID see that right???

Did you?????

I was using extreme examples to show that SOMETIMES, even when someone dies, people will disagree with you.

That is life and it is something you will learn when you grow up.

Also, who are you to tell me to "****"???

All i did was express an opinion. Since when has SHH turned into a fascist propoganda machine?

He reminds me of this guy:

Scott - he's a d**k

Scottdick.png

Probably none. I know you're not a citizen either. Does it matter? No. What he said had nothing to do with this either. Doesn't mean you need to go on a rant about how all immigrants should be shipped out of the US, because that's not what he said at all. Or implied or anything of that nature.

Mr. Grayson I have to respectively disagree with you on that point I'm afraid.

He clearly had a reason for saying it and I think that reason WAS implied.

This is somewhat evidenced by the fact that you can't think of any reason why he said it.

GUYS!!!

All i'm saying is that the man has a right to disagree with you!!!

Thank you. Damiean admitted that he's not even in this country. He's not a citizen and he's not in this country, which means two things:

1. He's not bound by the Constitution
2. He's not protected by the Constitution

He's not in China, otherwise he probably wouldn't be able to visit this site. As such, I assume he's got plenty of freedom to write whatever he wants based on his own country's laws. My point was merely that assuming he's from the U.S. and referencing the Constitution doesn't really mean much when he's admitted that he's neither a citizen nor an inhabitant of the U.S. The Constitution doesn't apply to him, whether it be his own responsibilities or the government's responsibility to him. Neither exist unless you live in this country or are a citizen overseas.

This is somewhat evidenced by the fact that you can't think of any reason why he said it.

GUYS!!!

I just explained why I said it. Read my post above. Quit putting words in people's mouths.

GUYS!!!

I agree. He has a right to his own opinion as long as he can express it in a nice manner. And he has expressed it, no need to continue on and continue instigating. He keeps coming back here for attention (IMO) and that is unacceptable. He cuts people down for mourning Ledger (which is unacceptable). If he doesn't want to mourn Ledger, that's fine. I completely understand. However, calling someone a moron for doing it is unacceptable. He is instigating at this point.

And I might have to agree with you. Maybe something was implied, however, you could have responded in a more civil manner.

I think you are taking truly evil people and comparing them to Heath. Which is ****ing ridiculous.

I'm sorry. Maybe it was too much of a lateral leap for you to take. But I made it explicitly clear that I wasn't comparing Ledger to hitler, that's just silly.

cBut putting people down is NEVER allowed on these boards. Especially when it's over a man's DEATH. There is a thing called respect, that is supposed to be inherrent in all human beings. And sometimes, it becomes apparent that people FAIL as human beings.

You know what I love?

Irony.

And I might have to agree with you. Maybe something was implied, however, you could have responded in a more civil manner.

Nope, nothing was implied. He inferred his own meaning of what I said. Perhaps I should have clarified, but I meant nothing by it other than the fact that if you are not a citizen or inhabitant of the U.S., why bring up the U.S. Constitution since it has absolutely no authority or effect on that person's life? Damiean is governed by whatever his own country has to say on the matter, not the U.S. Constitution.

I'm sorry. Maybe it was too much of a lateral leap for you to take. But I made it explicitly clear that I wasn't comparing Ledger to hitler, that's just silly.

You know what I love?

Irony.

I never disrespected his opinion or yours.

1. He's not bound by the Constitution
2. He's not protected by the Constitution

So... If he went over to america, he could do lots and lots of stuff against the constitution? And your government could pick him up and lock him away in some place for no reason indefinitely...

And since this webpage is probably based in the US, the US constitution applies.

Look, I'm going to leave it at this. You're APPALLINGLY wrong.

So... If he went over to america, he could do lots and lots of stuff against the constitution? And your government could pick him up and lock him away in some place for no reason indefinitely...

And since this webpage is probably based in the US, the US constitution applies.

No, I'm not wrong. If he comes to this country, as I said, inhabitants and citizens are bound and protected equally by the Constitution. He is neither a citizen NOR inhabitant, so the Constitution does not apply to him at all. He can say whatever the hell he wants on here.

Actually according to internet law, a website is only bound by the Constitution if it has .us at end (i.e. imageshack.us) just like it's only by UK law if it has a .uk at the end. The internet has a seperate group of laws entirely.

However, calling someone a moron for doing it is unacceptable. He is instigating at this point.

Look I'm not a bad person and i'm not out to caue trouble. You are totally right, no one should call anyone else a moron, no more than anyone here in the posts above should have told me to shut the **** up etc and called me whatever names they called me. I just expressed an opinion and was perfectly polite about it.

Actually according to internet law, a website is only bound by the Constitution if it has .us at end (i.e. imageshack.us) just like it's only by UK law if it has a .uk at the end. The internet has a seperate group of laws entirely.

Uh huh... What are you basing that on exactly?

No, I'm not wrong. If he comes to this country, as I said, inhabitants and citizens are bound and protected equally by the Constitution. He is neither a citizen NOR inhabitant, so the Constitution does not apply to him at all. He can say whatever the hell he wants on here.

Which ammendment grants freedom of speech?

By what you're saying, if he went to america to protest over something, your government would have the right to shut him up.

That's wrong. you're wrong.

Either this thread should be locked or we should try to get back on topic.

Look I'm not a bad person and i'm not out to caue trouble. You are totally right, no one should call anyone else a moron, no more than anyone here in the posts above should have told me to shut the **** up etc and called me whatever names they called me. I just expressed an opinion and was perfectly polite about it.

But you were defending someone that had been insulting other people on this board. He has a right to his opinion but he needs to go about it in a better and more respectful manner.

Alright guys, I'm closing this thread.....

Any discussion of Heath as the Joker, can go in the appropriate thread on this forum.

Any other discussion of Heath as an actor, can go in the appropriate thread in the Celebrity Forum.

Thanks,

Kel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back