Hellboy 3 with the Universal monsters?

Cagefighterkip

Mr. Golightly
Reaction score
I heard this rumor from IESB, of the possibility of HB goingup against Dracula, the Creature from the Black Lagoon, Frankenstein ETCETERA!

I heard this rumor from IESB, of the possibility of HB goingup against Dracula, the Creature from the Black Lagoon, Frankenstein ETCETERA!

Del Toro has since clarified on the HB2 movie messageboards that he's thinking about the teamup in animated form. He compared things to Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein. Staying faithful to both worlds. Hellboy and the Universal monsters. I'll find the quote for you.

Here we go. Someone asked about Hellboy teaming up with the Universal monsters... GDT answers:

I WISH we were doing that too...

But, depending on the films success, we have proposed a relaunched 3-D animated idea to create a series of shorts that feature HB and the gang facing all the UNI monsters in new context. My dream is: B&W animation and new stories that can easily be added at the mythos of the classic films.

BEst

GDT

He has also said the following in response to whether he'd redesign the monsters or stay close to the originals:

We have only discussed this in the bradest terms, but I know that Mike's style would rhyme and riff perfectly with the dutch angles and German expressionism style that the classic Whale films had and I would feel right at home with the Gillman and the invisible man. I think that there are ways to revisit the myths without trying to make them "hip" or "rad". I remember the amazing test footage that ILM did for Universal's FRANKENSTEIN years ago. My heart skipped a beat. Now imagine HB in that world...

Best

GDT

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"