Help! I think I may have just moved in above a pervert :(

I feel your pain. My next door neighbor is a registered sex offender. He knows not to mess around 'cause my dad yelled at him for putting an orange traffic cone next to the sidewalk where my mom parks :woot:

When it comes to the camera don't wear any clothes that show too much skin, even enough for someone to want to peak at. I try to find out who has control of that camera so he doesn't save pictures of you from it. But if he's been there that long he might be okay. If you can carry something to protect you like mace, I would do so anyway.

In America it's a very common thing nowadays to have cameras in a house controlled by an iPhone inside of garages and front entryways. I would give him a cautious chance though.

meh. he might be weird, but he hasnt done anything even remotely threatening. just kindly continue to ignore him. its not a big deal.

I guess it's not.

It's just because I know I have to get past him to get to my room.

So if he can see/hear me coming, he can ALWAYS get in my way. And it frightens me a little to think that I have to pass his door every night, sometimes late at night on my own, and that his advances might get more forward/creepy and i'll feel very threatened.

But i'm just going to try and get over it for now.

Because i'm sure he's harmless, just a weirdo. Not all weirdos will rape and strangle you.

Next time something happens, just tell him you appreciate the niceties but you'd rather he didn't talk to you.

You should accept his invitation and hang out with him. What's the worst that can happen? ;)

The camera may be security. I mean he's old and he may be farsighted so a peep hole would be useless. Not saying you should let your guard down but it's plausible. Maybe ask the landlady why he has it.

Just make it clear he can't push you around. I'm nice but I'm no pushover. My OCD former housemate had us all by the balls but I made it clear to him that he couldn't walk all over me and then he became more tolerable.

For a 110-lb girl, nobody screws around with me. I must have my "touch me and I'll rip your balls off" staredown down to an art. :hehe:

I feel your pain. My next door neighbor is a registered sex offender. He knows not to mess around 'cause my dad yelled at him for putting an orange traffic cone next to the sidewalk where my mom parks :woot:

That must be creepy.

Like others have said, I don't think he's done anything to justify calling the cops. And unless you absolutely have to, i wouldnt be rude with him because theres little morse than being on bad terms with nieghbors in an apartment building. How long have you lived there? Is this the first time you've lived in the city or on your own? There's always a "creepy phase" when you move and have to adjust to the new surroundings. It's possible that this is just an old lonely guy whose trying to be nice. But as always, be smart and safe when it comes to strangers, especially in the city.

This guy definitely seems like a pervert. Don't show any signs of fear or freak out. I'd just say " No thanks" and keep walking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"