Days of Future Past Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

I love Ellen Page. It was great seeing her in a more substantial role. And I felt really bad for poor Kitty when she got slashed. Poor girl was so weak, but she held on till the end :csad:

I love Ellen Page. It was great seeing her in a more substantial role. And I felt really bad for poor Kitty when she got slashed. Poor girl was so weak, but she held on till the end :csad:

The way she held on -- from her facial expressions to her sobs -- deserves an Oscar. :wow:

:up: She was perfect.

You can say that again!

I was the one who really upset that Rogue was cut out from the film, but seeing Ellen's screen time made me really happy for her and the character of Shadowcat as well.

She was the literally the integral part of the whole movie. :wow:

Yeah, the more I think about it, I'm actually kind of happy they took the Rogue part out, because it gives Kitty more screen time and made her even more integral to the plot. Rogue had her fair share in the first two films.

I got to say as well, Page was without a doubt, one of the best casting choices in the series. She is definitely in the top, along with Stewart, McKellan, Grammar, Cummings and Romijn. It was like she was born the play the role. :up:

Shadowcat was one of those characters I didn't really have any preconceived ideas of how she should be portrayed or who she be portrayed by. She's arguably one of the most famous and popular of the X-Men yet it wasn't like Wolverine or Magneto or Storm where people feel incredibly vocal about how they should be written and portrayed. Even though I had read the comics and watched the 90s series, I had a pretty open mind about her as opposed to other characters.

Yet in the opening battle of X3, when I saw Ellen, it was like "That's her! That's Shadowcat!" I don't know whether if it's just her height but from the way she speaks to how spritely she was in X3, Ellen was just so naturally Kitty Pryde and even though she was sorta just there was a love interest in her first movie, she fit Kitty like a glove. I can't imagine anyone else playing her after DOFP and X3 and I'm so glad Ellen's career has taken off because she's a magnificent actress and just brings a lot of star power to a comic book character that deserves someone so talented playing her.

Seeing her in DOFP, it really feels like she was perfectly cast as Shadowcat.

The look on Kitty's face when she heard Bobby screaming as he was being incinerated by the Sentinels pretty much floored me.lol

The amount of emotions that she was able to convey in that one shot was great imho, and I kind of like the fact that she was actually one of the few X-Men to have never really "die" within the franchise.

I'm glad the amount of people who think that Page was born to this play the role of Kitty is large. :)

Although, I can't say I am genuinely "happy" to have Paquin's scenes cut off (which eventually led to more screen time for Kitty), I still like the fact that Ellen stole the show with her superb acting.

I really hope to see her in the future as Shadowcat.

The look on Kitty's face when she heard Bobby screaming as he was being incinerated by the Sentinels pretty much floored me.lol

The amount of emotions that she was able to convey in that one shot was great imho, and I kind of like the fact that she was actually one of the few X-Men to have never really "die" within the franchise.

This was one of the best scenes in the movie for me. Ellen did a fantastic job.

Have these been posted yet? Saw them on Tumblr
tumblr_n7y66tAhTC1tbqu1qo2_500.jpg

tumblr_n7y66tAhTC1tbqu1qo1_1280.jpg

Source

That's better than the costume she wore in the movie.

Sexy Ellen. :atp:

Official concept art is so much better than what we got. I understand why they went with longer hair though even though this is obviously much more visually appealing.

She looks like an assassin in those outfits!

And I looooooove it.

The concept arts look are better than what we got in the film! I really disliked the t-shirt she wore in the film.

I prefer the concept art honestly, Kitty with a bob haircut is so refreshing compared to that bad hairdo & cheap black shirt LOL

BhF_cDQCUAA2V7K.jpg

Wow! Are these official? I wish they used the first one in the movie! :wow:
Yeah, the source has the artist's website.
I really love the first design :hrt:. The armour on the arm reminds me of Sunspot's

I enjoyed her more in X-men The Last Stand. I liked that she was part of the battle scenes. She essentially is sitting down here throughout the whole movie :/ It would been nice if they'd figure out a way to send her back along with Wolverine or on her own. I just dont feel Singer knows how to do any of the X-Women justice besides Mystique. Just doesn't know what do with them.

Bryan did wonders with Jean Grey. I think her character is by far the most well developed and strong (until X3 that is).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"