• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hitman

The beta is available on the PC if you buy the first chapter so I did it. I hope I like the game as much as I do most the others.

The biggest complaint I had about the last one is gone. So I'm very happy.

The biggest complaint I had about the last one is gone. So I'm very happy.

Going by the beta there will be very little that any real Hitman fan can complain about. They've taken the vastly improved gameplay from Absolution and wrapped it in the presentation found in the previous games. All thats left is to find out how memorable the levels we'll see end up being. Thats why Blood Money tends to be agreed upon as being the best. It had some of the most memorable missions in the series.

HITMAN - 'Legacy' Opening Cinematic

Ready. So ready.

I want to get excited, but I'm planning to wait for a complete version at the end of the year. I hope this turns out really well though.

The Beta is currently up for PS Plus owners.

I wanted to download it but my damn PS Plus ran out. No biggie tho, my Collectors Edition will be in my hands by Friday afternoon. Can't wait!!!!

This is pretty awesome. I love how the camera work nearly matches the game.

[YT]CDySGrCtvl0[/YT]

Did you have to pre-order for the beta? I'm not seeing it anywhere on the store.

Did you have to pre-order for the beta? I'm not seeing it anywhere on the store.
I think it was only up for the weekend, like Uncharted. All that was needed was a PS Plus account.

Doubt the Beta will still be up on the store considering the first installment comes out this Friday.

For those waiting on disc, you may not be happy

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/41881/-hitman-reboot-disc-won-t-hit-until-2017

Square Enix and IO Interactive have confirmed that a total of seven episodes will be produced for the "Hitman" game series reboot which just released its first chapter on Friday.
All seven will be released throughout the year, but those hoping for a full disc release will have to wait until January next year when the entire series has long been out on digital format says Tech Radar.
The publishers are also reportedly already considering ideas for a 'Season Two', telling Gaming Bolt that this is how the franchise will go moving forward: "there will be more seasons, and I think that’s the future- this universe we’ve created, with this version of 47.

I don't mind waiting. I liked Absolution and I liked what I played in the Beta, but it's really something I'd want to play all at once, mostly because I don't want to go back and forth between games and have to re-learn how to play this every month or two.

But I like the idea of a "Season 2". It's interesting to see a AAA title take the episodic route. But there were rumors that this was the plan that Square Enix has planned for a while and we'll get a better idea of how well it works once the FF7 remake is out, but I hope this doesn't lead to some big blunders on their end.

I figured it would be about a year. I'll probably wait even longer, because I won't want to pay full price.

I wish all the episodes were out now, but the game is so goddamn replayable that by the time Iv done everything there is to do, (plus the organic Elusive targets) the next episode will be out. This is by far the deepest and richest Hitman has ever been. Iv already sunk just under 20 hours into the game and I haven't don't all the various assassinations, haven't gone after any elusive targets(they aren't up yet, nor is the escalation mode in Paris) and I haven't spent much time in contracts. Assuming the other missions go like this one, this is shaping up to be a 140 hour season. That's just awesome.

Last edited:
Escalation mode is a fantastic addition to the series. Also can't wait for the Elusive Targets to start showing up.

Will someone that loved Absolution like this game?

Will someone that loved Absolution like this game?

Absolutely. This takes the perfected, flawless gameplay from Absolution while reintroducing the overall structure of the prior games. Things like being able to plan your missions by choosing which weapons you start with, outfit and even starting locations. From a gameplay point it pretty much feels identical to Absolution. The biggest changes being that disguises are handled more like they were in previous games and Instinct mode can only be used to observe enemies and your surroundings

two articles one a video interview from EPN.tv the other is about a trailer from another.

Hitman's first new added mission has you kill a fresh target while dressed as a magician

8 hours ago
Hitman's first new Escalation missions have landed,
extending the life of the episodic game's first episode by asking players to take out new...
Read more

Also with

[YT]YZj-ljhB1GM[/YT]
6 hours ago
Hitman Interview with IO interactive CEO Hannes Seifert
The episodic new Hitman game has begun rolling out on consoles
and the PC, so Vic has a closer look with IO interactive CEO Hannes Seifert.

source: PCGamesN & EPN.tv

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"