• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Hitman

Thanks. So it'll be done quicker than I expected. I thought it initially was going to wrap up around Nov/Dec. Yeah, hoping for a digital sale BF. It will be done by then

Yea the game began in March, the 2nd mission(Sapienza) released in April. We are supposed to get one mission per month, but if they fall behind that could change. They've already fallen behind on the Elusive Targets which were supposed to drop 2 weeks before Sapienza and now the devs are saying they are "a few weeks out".

There's no doubt there will be so digital sale, the 'full experience' has already been discounted once since launch.

Well the original plan was to release 3 episodes in March for $35 and then the other three in April, May and June respectively for $30 altogether, or $60 for the Full experience.

I'm still not sure why they changed it. I'm guessing the development was harder than they thought. I saw a video from Digital Foundry comparing how it runs on X1 and PS4, and its interesting that they give the option for a locked and unlocked framerate, but its not consistent when its unlocked, and despite being revealed at Sony's E3 conference, there are no real differences between the two consoles. So I can help but feel like there have been issues with developing it and that's the only thing that makes me worry that we might not get all of the content, or at least content that is not as great as they anticipated down the line.

They changed it because they wanted the ability to alter gameplay elements on a level to level basis, based on player feedback, which is exactly what has happened, just from the Paris to Sapienza releases. There's zero reason to think we won't get all the missions promised to us. Failing to develop the 7 missions would mean the end of IO as a developer. And there's nothing to lead one to believe that they won't deliver good content as Sapienza is already being talked about as one of the finest Hitman levels ever designed. I think you're worrying just to worry.

Is it 7 missions or 6? I keep reading 7, but I've only seen 6 listed as locations.

Ah thanks. I was starting to wonder if the intro mission counted.

I completed it today. Really cool figuring out where the target would most likely appear based on the Intel given to you. It also helped that I knew my way around that level, room by room.

Was ranked 37th after finishing the elusive target mission today. Wonder if my score has held up.

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Hitman Episode 3: Marrakesh launches May 31

Published 13 hours ago. 2 comments.
Agent 47 goes to Morocco.

Hitman-Ep-3-May-31.jpg

The third episode in Square Enix and Io Interactive’s latest Hitman game, “Marrakesh,” will launch on May 31 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, the developer announced.

Find details below, via the PlayStation Blog.
The City of Contrasts
Following up on the big fashion show event in Paris and the expansive nature of Sapienza, we knew that Marrakesh had to be something extraordinary. So the team set out to build a location that was both teeming with life and with things to do. Marrakesh has been built with a maze of alleys, a range of souks that line the medina walls, and a fully fletched shisha café. Moving upwards, players can enjoy the shade on the signature rooftop terraces of Marrakesh.
Just beyond the busy marketplace, you will find an architectural marvel in the shape of the Swedish Consulate building. The very embodiment of minimalistic Scandinavian design, a mix of glass, concrete and wood offering a powerful contrast to the blazing heat just outside its walls.
The Mission
As with any Hitman level, Marrakesh promises players the lure of voyeurism and the thrill of infiltration and it’s something we’ve been working hard on getting just right. Offering two targets, the “Gilded Cage” mission challenges players to eliminate private banker Claus Strandberg, holed up inside the secure Swedish Consulate, and army General Reza Zaydan, protected by his elite squad of soldiers at a temporary headquarters in the heart of the city. Both targets will be challenging to reach and both will of course have some entertaining special moments attached to them that will allow players to dole out some poetic justice.
Tons of New Live Content
With Marrakesh also comes a lot more live content for players to engage with and the busy markets and locked-down consulate will provide us with great settings for our live features. Episode 3 will has been designed to keep players busy with a wide range of challenges and opportunities and along with an entirely new setting for Contracts mode, Elusive Targets and Escalation Contracts, we are dying to see what you come up with.
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.

visit gallery »

Read More

PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Hitman Next, Io Interactive, Release Dates, Screenshots, Square Enix

source: Gematsu

Can't wait, this episodic format really does work for the game and I haven't been this invested in the series since Blood Money.

Gonna be out of town this weekend. Gonna miss the launch of this episode and the elusive target. I hate missing one of those. Can't wait to play Marrakesh though. It sounds amazing

Is this a good Hitman game to play if you've never played a Hitman before?

Is this a good Hitman game to play if you've never played a Hitman before?

Absolutely.

Nothing story wise really ties in to the previous games save for a single cut scene depicting some of the more famous hits from the previous games.

So I hadn't seen any news about this until this video popped up, but it looks lioke we're getting "Bonus" missions before we get Episode 4.

I'm not sure how I feel. On one hand, it's cool that we're essentially getting new missions and new targets in slightly different versions of existing locations. But at the same time, I can't help but feel like they are stalling because Episode 4 will not be ready as early as they anticipated, so they are giving us something to tide us over for a month.

For those wondering, I believe both will be available on July 19th.

https://hitman.com/en-us/news/hitman-summer-bonus-episode-announced#

Been playing this after purchasing all the content released so far. Love it. It's everything I like about the franchise, and the maps are solid too.

Yes! The Gary Busey hit is coming this week. Man that's gonna be great.

:woot:

Elusive targets mode is a great addition.

Oh it's phenomenal. Everyone who is waiting for the retail release is missing out on the best addition to Hitman this franchise has ever seen.

hqdefault.jpg

[YT]G2j6O8DOFU0[/YT]

6 hours ago
EP Daily Rundown for August 5, 2016

It's Friday, but before you get messed up with your friends, take a few minutes to enjoy a sexy new edition of The Rundown! Today, we've got news about a live-action Star Wars TV series, when to expect the next Hitman episode, rumours about
future projects from Rockstar Games, good news for StarCraft fans, a round-up of announcements from QuakeCon 2016, a delay for the console version of XCOM 2, and finally, a look at the next movie from Christopher Nolan!

ll the adventure and excitement of the galaxy far, far away might be coming to the small screen like never before. New rumours have come in about a live action Star Wars TV show. Speaking during a recent panel hosted by the Television Critics Association, ABC president Channing Dungey confirmed rumours that the network has had conversations with Lucasfilm about making a live-action Star Wars series. She adds that the discussions are ongoing, and they don’t have anything official to share just yet. If the new show happens, it makes sense that it would air on ABC given that the network and Lucasfilm are both owned by Disney. Rumours about a live action Star Wars TV series have been circling for years. Before George Lucas sold everything to Disney, he was developing a live-action show that would have taken place between the events of the prequels and original trilogy, exploring the inner-workings of the Empire. That project was put on hold in 2012 when Disney took over, and if a live-action show does move forward, they’ll likely develop it from scratch. Although there have been several animated Star Wars shows like Clone Wars and Rebels, there’s never been a live action series before. There have been a few one-off live-action television specials, most notably, the infamous Holiday Special, but the less said about that, the better.

Agent 47 is getting up to his old tricks in Thailand. The fourth entry in the episodic Hitman game is set to arrive on August 16, giving players a new mission set in Thailand’s capital city Bangkok. Players will be tasked with eliminating several targets inside a luxury hotel, and developer IO Interactive says that, like the hotels in other Hitman games, you’ll be able to learn its many intricacies and use them to your advantage. The game will end up having a grand total of seven episodes, with all of them slated to launch before the end of the year. If you want to wait, publisher Square Enix plans to release all seven episodes together on one disk in early 2017. You can learn more about the new Hitman game by watching my interview with IO Interactive’s CEO Hannes Seifert by clicking the link on your screen or in the description below.

The next Grand Theft Auto or Red Dead game might be right around the corner. In a recent discussion with investors, Strauss Zelnick, CEO of Rockstar Games’ parent company Take-Two Interactive, revealed that Rockstar is currently hard at work on some exciting future projects, and that they’ll be revealed soon. He didn’t say anything else so it’s impossible to know exactly what those future projects are, but there have already been rumours about a sequel to Red Dead Redemption, so we’ve got our fingers crossed for that. Rockstar is also rumoured to be working on a big expansion for GTA V, which may add new cities and story content to the game. Hopefully we’ll get an official look at whatever Rockstar is working on soon.

Blizzard Entertainment might be the latest game maker to cash in on the HD remaster craze. A new, HD remastered version of the original StarCraft game may be in the works, with an official unveiling set to happen next month. That’s according to the Korean news site iNews24, which, as translated by Kotaku, reports that the updated version will retain the original StarCraft gameplay with improved graphics, higher resolution, and a more modern user interface. No hints about the project have been made by Blizzard itself, so consider this a rumour until that changes. Still, an HD remake of StarCraft makes a lot of sense given the game’s lasting popularity, not to mention the success that other developers have had with HD remakes of other classic games. We’ll let you know when more details arrive. In the meantime, StarCraft 2 has some new DLC to check out. The second of three Nova Covert Ops mission packs is now available to download, giving players a more stealthy experience than the main game. The third and final Nova Covert Ops mission pack will hit Earth before the end of the year.

The new Doom game is a taking players back to hell a little early. To celebrate yesterday’s kick-off of their annual QuakeCon event, Bethesda and id Software released the first big batch of DLC for the new Doom game a few days early. The pack is called Unto the Evil and is all about multiplayer, offering three new maps, a new weapon, and a new playable demon. Best of all, if you don’t buy the DLC, you’ll still be able to play the new maps if you’re in a party with someone who does own them. This way players who don’t own the DLC won’t be separated from those who do. id Software is planning to make at least two more DLC packs for the game, also focusing on multiplayer. They haven’t said if we’ll be getting any extra single-player content for the game, so we’ll let you know if any is announced.

There’s also some Quake news coming out of QuakeCon, go figure. Bethesda released the first gameplay trailer for the all-new game Quake Champions, first teased at E3 earlier this year. Like the new Doom, it looks like it will harken back to a more simplistic era in the FPS genre, with fast-paced action and over-the-top mayhem. Quake Champions doesn’t have a release date yet, but a closed beta test has been confirmed for next year, so hopefully the final version isn’t too far off.

Finally out of QuakeCon, Bethesda showed off a the first gameplay trailer for their new Prey game. It’s looking pretty good, which is a relief given the game’s troubled development history. The first Prey was released in 2006, with original developer Human Head Studios working on a sequel that was stuck in development hell and eventually cancelled by Bethesda in 2014. The new Prey is a fresh start, and is being made by Dishonored developer Arkane Studios. Expect to prey on it next year.

It’s going to take a few extra weeks for console gamers to begin their rebellion against our alien overlords. The highly anticipated console version of XCOM 2 has been delayed. It was slated to hit the PS4 and Xbox One on September 6, but publisher 2K says it will now arrive on September 27. No reason has been given for the three-week push, but usually, short delays like this are to work out a few last minute issues. There are very high expectations for the console version of XCOM 2. The PC version launched earlier this year to rave reviews, and console owners have been craving the port ever since. We interviewed developers Garth Deangelis and Mark Naut back when the PC version launched, and if you want to watch that, you know what to do.

And before we go, check out the first teaser trailer for Christopher Nolan’s latest movie Dunkirk. It tells the story of Britain’s strategic retreat from France in the early months of WWII, with more than 300,000 troops escaping capture or death at the hands of the Nazis. Because Christopher Nolan is able to command a huge budget, Dunkirk was filmed entirely on 65mm film, which means, like his other movies, it will look really, really good. It invades theatres on July 21, 2017.

Also with

Hitman Thailand map is Bangkok based, will arrive on August 16

14 hours ago
Update August 5, 2016:
The Hitman Bangkok, Thailand map has been officially unveiled with a new trailer - you're off to kill a singer.

The next...
Read more

source: EPN.tv& PCGamesN

CrMWGZ8WYAAEqWb.jpg

HITMAN: The Complete First Season will be released in a day one Steelbook® and is the ultimate physical version of the game and includes all of the locations and episodes from Season One; the Prologue, France, Italy, Morocco, Thailand, USA and Japan. In addition, all of the Escalation Contracts, Challenges, Opportunities and Contracts that have been created by our community will be included as well as all upcoming Elusive Targets taking place after January 31st.

Included with HITMAN: The Complete First Season box is bonus downloadable content:

- 3 Bonus Missions from the Summer Bonus Episode, which includes 'The Icon' and 'A House Built on Sand' missions, plus the brand new upcoming 'Landslide' mission

- Original Soundtrack featuring the original game score

- The ‘making of’ HITMAN documentary charting the journey from showing the game to our fans for the first time before E3 2015, through to the digital launch in 2016

- HITMAN Requiem Blood Money Pack which includes the signature Blood Money white suit, white rubber duck and chrome ICA pistol

- The PlayStation®4 version includes 6 additional exclusive The Sarajevo Six contracts

https://hitman.com/news/disc-release-date-announcement

Funny, I was wondering about this game just today.

I'm holding out to buy it in disc-format. This being the 'first season' I guess it's fair to assume there will be at least a second season. This says it's the "ultimate physical version", but what if I wait another year and now there's a new disc with season one and two? What if there's three seasons? Four? What's a fledgling killer to do???

I wouldn't look too much into the whole "First Season" thing. It's basically just a way of saying this is a complete edition of Hitman 2016.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"