Sequels Hobgoblin - Could he be used for the future?

NinjaCarm

Fantastic
Reaction score
I'm not talking Spider-Man 4, which of course is the hot topic - we all need a "goblin" break.

But I want to see him. With a prostetic mask and hi tech / cape type suit like we saw in Bendis' Secret War

Anyone agree? I think it would be nice to have a bad ass cool looking Goblin mask and have some more nice aerial fights with Spider-Man.

I agree we need him,but not in SM4,I hope he appears in SM5.And a prosthetic mask is a must,if they can make a villain be made out of sand,and another villain as an alien lifeform,then a villain with a prosthetic mask wouldn't be unthinkable.

And with a prosthetic mask Hobgoblin could keep the mysterious vibe that he has for the movie,plus he could show facial emotions while keeping his identity a secret at the same time.

We have had enough goblins...

No.

We don't need Hobgoblin, the goblin legacy is done, it started with Norman and ended with Harry. What we need is the Lizard, Electro or Kraven.

The Goblin storyline is over. As I said before, we need to see Villians like Lizard, Kraven, Vulture, etc.

I think it's too late for the Hobgoblin. The greatest thing about his story was the mystery of trying to discover his identity, a plot element that only works if both the villain and the suspects have already been established. At this point, three movies into the series, any new characters introduced would make deducing Hobgoblin's identity all too obvious.

What is it with Spider-Man fans and these horrible ideas. No Venom and no Goblins. Why can't you people ever just move on, Spider-Man has tons of classic villains that hasn't been used. Move on people...move on.

You know what I'd like to see? An adaptation of "Nothing can stop the Juggernaut!" but with the Rhino instead of Juggernaut.

I don't know what his purpose would be, but it would be damn cool to see that kind of action in a Spidey film.

You know what I'd like to see? An adaptation of "Nothing can stop the Juggernaut!" but with the Rhino instead of Juggernaut.

I don't know what his purpose would be, but it would be damn cool to see that kind of action in a Spidey film.
Straight to DVD Animated Movie FTW :hyper:

Nah.

If and when they use him people would say we've seen that twice and the franchise is getting desperate, and if it resorts to using him for that reason it probably will be desperate.

Besides concluding Harry's arc the biggest thing that got me excited about the "New" Goblin in SM3 was finally seeing an ariel battle done right (as they just didn't have the money to do a proper one in SM1) and the first 20 minutes satisfied that desire in SM3 (though I could have stood for some more pumpkin bomb explosion fun). I mean I was happy with SM1's characterization and SM2's visuals of the Goblin (as well as Harry's arc)...I htink the HObgoblin is an A-lister but seeing another Goblin this franchise owuld be particularly redundant.

This franchise is better when it figures out cool things to do with little powers like with Doc Ock. I think seeing the vibrations from the Shocker and seeing him cause serious destruction with his dumb shock wrist things could be interesting. Cause the best thing about the Shocker is that you tihnk hes lem but in reality he COULD kill you.

shocker obviously wouldn't be able to carry a movie on his own. hes nothing more than a thug with some very deadly tech at his disposale. he is dangerous tho, that's what i love about him. he definetly would make an awesome entrance in the first 6 minutes of part 4 as his 'cameo'

ock shouldnt return in the movies, ever. if his arms or his corpse are hinted at, fine. and please, for the sake of how good they turned out thus far, no more goblins. hobgoblin shouldnt' exist in the movies, i'd prefer to see gliders and bombs and goblins be left with harry and norman and thats it. makes it more powerful. using hobgoblin makes as much sense as demogoblin. the comics are fine, movies... no

villains i would never want to see in a movie (because there are enough better ones left): anybody other than vulture, lizard, kraven, shocker, rhino, chameleon, scorpion, electro, mysterio and if they can make it good enough and it made sense...probably never, the spot and beetle. anybody and everybody else should not. molten man, morbius, scrier, kangaroo, smythe, just no

The only reason for Hobgoblin appearing in one of the next films is IMO to finally have a "real" goblin, after Norman being more of a power ranger and Harry a ninja. So it would be cool to see a nice hobgoblin mask, with hood and all...

The only reason for Hobgoblin appearing in one of the next films is IMO to finally have a "real" goblin, after Norman being more of a power ranger and Harry a ninja. So it would be cool to see a nice hobgoblin mask, with hood and all...

Thanks. Some sensible Spider-Man fans are actually alive.

I'm getting sick of this "too many goblins" crap from people. The 'goblins' were a mainstay of the spider-man comics. Plus, we never got a really cool looking scary goblin in the movies yet. If Peter Jackson were directing these films, you'd have a real scary ass looking goblin. People want to see this. But studios making the films think it's probably too scary for the kiddies. Probably why we didn't get too many Venom close ups either.

I want a cool looking Hobgoblin... and it shouldn't be for part 4 at all.

Thanks. Some sensible Spider-Man fans are actually alive.

I'm getting sick of this "too many goblins" crap from people. The 'goblins' were a mainstay of the spider-man comics. Plus, we never got a really cool looking scary goblin in the movies yet. If Peter Jackson were directing these films, you'd have a real scary ass looking goblin. People want to see this. But studios making the films think it's probably too scary for the kiddies. Probably why we didn't get too many Venom close ups either.

I want a cool looking Hobgoblin... and it shouldn't be for part 4 at all.
Don't you think it's time for other classic characters to have the spotlight? Mysterio, Electro, Scorpion, Lizard, Kraven, etc...instead of a 3rd Goblin. I personally have had enough of pumpkin bombs and gliders. We need something else. So in that case, yes, we have had enough goblins. It would be as lame as wanting Carlyle. It's the production teams fault for not making scary goblins...

Don't you think it's time for other classic characters to have the spotlight? Mysterio, Electro, Scorpion, Lizard, Kraven, etc...instead of a 3rd Goblin. I personally have had enough of pumpkin bombs and gliders. We need something else. So in that case, yes, we have had enough goblins. It would be as lame as wanting Carlyle. It's the production teams fault for not making scary goblins...

It's the director's fault. Mysterio... how can you honestly make Mysterio work in a film?

The reason I want Hobgoblin is because he's the last crack of making a cool ass goblin. That's me.

It's the director's fault. Mysterio... how can you honestly make Mysterio work in a film?

The reason I want Hobgoblin is because he's the last crack of making a cool ass goblin. That's me.

Mysterio COULD work. Trust me. He could be very, very cool onscreen.

Hobgoblin could also work, and should be used... however, I don't think he should be a goblin for most of it. I think that for the most part, he should remain sort of a background villain figure, an invisible hand that controls the other villains, before he takes matters into his own hands and assumes the mantle of Hobgoblin, which makes about as much sense as anything else. I mean, if you're rich but lacking in powers, and you want to take on Spider-Man yourself, using the already existing goblin formula and goblin technology, but redesigning to give yourself an independent identity, seems like it'd be the way to go.

I think that the movies could really use a sort of evil background manipulator, and I think he's the best candidate. Kingpin doesn't seem right, and Ock is dead. That leaves Hobby.

Hobgoblin could also work, and should be used... however, I don't think he should be a goblin for most of it. I think that for the most part, he should remain sort of a background villain figure, an invisible hand that controls the other villains, before he takes matters into his own hands and assumes the mantle of Hobgoblin, which makes about as much sense as anything else. I mean, if you're rich but lacking in powers, and you want to take on Spider-Man yourself, using the already existing goblin formula and goblin technology, but redesigning to give yourself an independent identity, seems like it'd be the way to go.

I think that the movies could really use a sort of evil background manipulator, and I think he's the best candidate. Kingpin doesn't seem right, and Ock is dead. That leaves Hobby.

I like your idea on Hobgoblin man, could work well. Cool.

I can't see it. keith_v drew the best looking Mysterio I've ever seen, but at the end of the day, it's still a guy with a fishbowl on his head.

I can't see it. keith_v drew the best looking Mysterio I've ever seen, but at the end of the day, it's still a guy with a fishbowl on his head.

It doesn't have to be the "fishbowl" exactly. It looks quite a bit better, in my opinion, with the helmet sunken down a bit more into his costume. More dome, less sphere. His persona can also impact it a lot. If you can make the audience take the character seriously, you can make them take the costume seriously.

I mean, look at Darth Vader's helmet objectively and tell me it doesn't look a little silly.

If plastic Power Ranger Goblin costume was accepted, then Mysterio's look will be, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"