Sequels How can they top or create a successful follow-up for the next three films?!

Road Warrior

Sidekick
Reaction score
It seems like Spider-Man 4 is pretty much confirmed. Now, the biggest question in my mind is how are they gonna follow-up the first trilogy? Spider-Man has accepted his responsibility, dealt with it, and learned not to abuse them. He has fought Green Goblin I+II, Doc Ock, Sandman, and Venom. And, he got MJ. (Whether or not he keeps her we'll have to wait till Spider-Man 3 is released to find out.) So, what else is there?

I have two solutions. One is very realistic and the other isn't so much. I'll start with the less likely solution. Spider-Man 3 hasn't been released yet, but I'm pretty sure that in the film Peter Parker will have figured it out. When we see him in Spider-Man 4 he won't be making any major mistakes. The man knows what he's doing. So, what he will do is try to prevent things from getting out of control. In the first two films (not sure what happens in the third one) he waits for something to happen. When the Green Goblin attacked during the Parade he didn't try to figure out who he was and stop him before he does something. He just waited for the next attack. In Spider-Man 2 he does the same thing. He just waits for Doc Ock to attack. I think Peter will stop doing that. The man works in a newspaper and now has the Gwen/Capt. Stacy police connection. He'll start becoming more of a detective/reporter. He'll start investigating his villains. Now, if Spider-Man is gonna become a detective/reporter then who would make the PERFECT villain? The Kingpin, of course. Unforunately, Fox has the movie rights. But. . .I don't see any Daredevil sequels being made. So, Sony and Fox will arrive on some agreement. I think the Kingpin will become a Blofeld-type villain. Spider-Man will battle Kingpin in the last three movies, but only go one-on-one in Spider-Man 6. In Spider-Man 4 and 5 he'll battle the Kingpin's version of Dr. No and #2. As for Peter's personal life, I think Peter and MJ will probably break up at the end of Spider-Man 3. Of course we don't know for sure since the film hasn't been released yet. But, if that is the case then they'll introduce Felicia Hardy/Black Cat in Spider-Man 4. So, Peter will become a pimp and be involved with MJ, Gwen, and Felicia/Black Cat. And, I think Aunt May will survive Spider-Man 3 but of course she's old so we'll see her health get bad in the next three films and its something he'll have to deal with, of course.

Now, for the more realistic approach! They have about five major villains left: Lizard, Mysterio, HobGoblin, Carnage, and apparently the symbiote survives so he'll be back. That's good! All those villains will be used in the next three films. But, if they really wanna create good hype they'll have to bring someone back from the dead. It'll most likely be Doc Ock. I think Ock will create the Sinister Six and that'll be Spider-Man's villain in Spider-Man 6.

Your thoughts?

First off I think that Kingpin and Black Cat should never be in a movie. I don't think that it would live up to it's expectations the way people think it would, but that is just my opinion.

As far as making a successful follow up. Have a possible cliffhanger in the movie or like in SM2 at the end. That of course would leave people guessing whats gonna happen with that particular character. In our case, that would probably be The Lizard.

As far as bringing Doc Ock back, that would be a good idea for the franchise. A huge character in the comics and one of Spideys hardest foes. I beleive that this would work great with the Gwen Stacy storyline because Doc Ock was the cause of Captain Stacy's death.

There are a lot of storylines the franchise could make. I think those are two of the important thing they need to look at doing.

First off I think that Kingpin and Black Cat should never be in a movie. I don't think that it would live up to it's expectations the way people think it would, but that is just my opinion.

Why, dude?

As far as making a successful follow up. Have a possible cliffhanger in the movie or like in SM2 at the end. That of course would leave people guessing whats gonna happen with that particular character. In our case, that would probably be The Lizard.

I don't know if Spider-Man 3 will have a cliffhanger, but there's enough time to film a quick one now.

As far as bringing Doc Ock back, that would be a good idea for the franchise. A huge character in the comics and one of Spideys hardest foes. I beleive that this would work great with the Gwen Stacy storyline because Doc Ock was the cause of Captain Stacy's death.

The comic book fans would love that!

There are a lot of storylines the franchise could make. I think those are two of the important thing they need to look at doing.

It's true that the comics have plenty of storylines, but comics and movies are two different things. In comics they take their time. We only 6 movies to cram everything in.

Why, dude?
Kingpin would be ok. I don't like the idea of Black Cat though. I think I have visions of Batman Returns.

I don't know if Spider-Man 3 will have a cliffhanger, but there's enough time to film a quick one now.

I'm sure they will show us a scene with Doctor Conners working on reptile DNA

The comic book fans would love that!

I would love to see this happen for SM4. Alfered Molina has an option for SM4..

It's true that the comics have plenty of storylines, but comics and movies are two different things. In comics they take their time. We only 6 movies to cram everything in.

It will be hard to cram every single villain in a movie. I don't think they need to use anymore goblins though.

Kingpin would be ok. I don't like the idea of Black Cat though. I think I have visions of Batman Returns.

lol. :D We've had that discussion before. But, I think they can pull something off.

I'm sure they will show us a scene with Doctor Conners working on reptile DNA

Wouldn't be surprised.

I would love to see this happen for SM4. Alfered Molina has an option for SM4..

Agreed.

It will be hard to cram every single villain in a movie. I don't think they need to use anymore goblins though.

They could pull off a Sinister Six.

They could pull off a Sinster Six only if we knew the characters backgrounds. Or at least 4 or 5 of the villians, then introduce them into the movie.

They could pull off a Sinster Six only if we knew the characters backgrounds. Or at least 4 or 5 of the villians, then introduce them into the movie.

Doc Ock, Kraven, Sandman, Hobgoblin from Spider-Man 5, could be familiar characters.

I like the Sinister Six idea, but that could only be done for Spider-Man 6. What are they gonna do for the fourth installment? The Lizard? That works, I guess. So...

Spider-Man 4---> The Lizard & Kraven
Spider-Man 5---> Carnage
Spider-Man 6---> The Sinister Six w/ Mysterio.

The Sinister Six idea kicks ass, but I also want some Kingpin! :cmad:

I trust him,
but i would have rather seen Eddie Brock go to jail then to die.

[BLACKOUT]Then wouldn't he tell the media that Peter Parker is :spidey: ? Just like Normie, he's gotta go. Either in SM3 or SM4. [/BLACKOUT]

Carnage should never be in a movie unless it has Venom in it.

They say that the symbiote survives Spider-Man 3. Although Eddie Brock doesn't so, they are up to something.

That scares me.

Trust in Raimi, man! :ninja:

I trust him,
but i would have rather seen Eddie Brock go to jail then to die.

[blackout]Then wouldn't he tell the media that Peter Parker is :spidey: ? Just like Normie, he's gotta go. Either in SM3 or SM4. [/blackout]

Never thought of it that way.

^ It all makes sense now.

Venom should have had his own movie, but if he's in Spider-Man 3 then should go out in a blaze of glory. Or is it blaze of evil. :huh: You know what I mean!

Why can't Spidey keep his identity hidden? USM, Civil War, the movies. The Animated Series was the best since only the Osbornes and Venom knew who Spidey was. The one time his mask was taken off no one believed a punk like Parker could be it and his powers were gone. Superman has the worst ****ing disguise yet Clark Kent can take a crap in peace knowing the some bad guy or the media won't break down the door looking for him.

Why can't Spidey keep his identity hidden?

lol. The million dollar question. :D

USM, Civil War, the movies.

:csad:

The Animated Series was the best since only the Osbornes and Venom knew who Spidey was.

And, MJ when they got married. Oh, and Madam Web. And, that little girl he told his story too. It was based on a famous comic issue. Already forgot the name.

The one time his mask was taken off no one believed a punk like Parker could be it and his powers were gone.

I don't remember that episode.

Superman has the worst ****ing disguise yet Clark Kent can take a crap in piece knowing the some bad guy or the media won't brake down the door looking for him.

lol :D

lol. The million dollar question. :D

:csad:

And, MJ when they got married. Oh, and Madam Web. And, that little girl he told his story too. It was based on a famous comic issue. Already forgot the name.

I don't remember that episode.

lol :D

MJ was a clone who died.

Pete couldn't hide his identity from Madame Web.

The Insidious Six, remember Spidey's powers would go off and on. His powers were off and he showed up to save Aunt May, mask was revealed. They start attacking him and Pete has some good luck and doesn't die but I think Doc Ock said that he couldn't find the real Spider-Man so he dressed up in the costume.

And yet if you asked me stuff from my Contempo Islam I couldn't tell you anything :woot: :csad:

SPIDER-MAN 4:

THE LIZARD (main villain) and KRAVEN THE HUNTER (secondary villain) and ELECTRO (seperate story). Using elements from the comic book story arc "Kraven's Last Hunt" as the blueprint. At the end of the film could also bring back Doctor Octopus, as Afred Molina/Sam Raimi said he's optioned for SM3/SM4--and he's not in SM3.

MJ was a clone who died.

I don't remember that.

Pete couldn't hide his identity from Madame Web.

Wasn't the last episode when Madame Web sent Spider-Man to another dimension and he met Stan Lee? lol.

The Insidious Six, remember Spidey's powers would go off and on. His powers were off and he showed up to save Aunt May, mask was revealed. They start attacking him and Pete has some good luck and doesn't die but I think Doc Ock said that he couldn't find the real Spider-Man so he dressed up in the costume.

Oh yeah! I also remember in an episode of Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends that they dressed up Flash Thompson as Spider-Man and had Sandman, I think, believe he was Spider-Man. lol.

I don't remember that.

Hydro-Man's return. On their honeymoon she turned into water and then later evaporated. That's when Madame Web showed up for the Secret War.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"