Sequels Hobgoblin - Could he be used for the future?

Goblins need to be given a rest but not forever. The return of Norman or the more favoured introduction to Hobgoblin is needed.

I think Kingsley needs to be introduced into the series as a supporting character like Harry was. In the comics he was MJ's boss which could be used well.

Have a unseen foe over these three films guiding the villians like Chameleon, Kraven, Mysterio, Vulture etc for their own needs as these villians can be easily hired.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this......

I'd like Kingpin in Spider-Man...:woot:

They should have Kingsley in SM4 so they can give him some character development like they did with Harry.He could take the Harry time that is open in the next movie.

I'd rather they give the "Harry time" to Gwen than anyone else.

I would say no for awhile because the Goblin storyline already has taken up the first trilogy, it needs to be laid to rest with Norman and Harry.

They should have Kingsley in SM4 so they can give him some character development like they did with Harry.He could take the Harry time that is open in the next movie.
Good idea Goldgiblin.

Ya know I'm indifferent to the whole thing, because Hobgoblin is one of my favorite characters. But as it has been said, the goblins really were taken care of in the first trilogy. And whether you like it or not Harry WAS a Goblin. He was trying to follow his father, he used his father's equipment, he was credited as a goblin. So whether you want to cry and whine about how he really wasn't a goblin in clothing and glider per se, he still was a goblin. It's funny how some of the same people will find bringing back Venom to be redundant because his story was "taken care of" in 3 and he served his purpose. I'm not turning this into a whole yeah we need Venom argument, I'm noting a parallel. And yes I realize Hobgoblin is a new character, and Venom is not. Also, besides what all of us well wishers of the comic world want, the common fan doesnt necesarily want what they view as rehash characters. To them another Goblin is boring. Maybe not all of them, but many non-comic movie goers want to see someone they dont think they've seen before. And to the person who wanted to see Mysterio, yeah he can be done right and could be awesome for a film. So we still have to wait and see who gets brought in for 4,5,and 6. Would I personally like Hobby? Yes, yes I would. Will we see him? No, probably not.

No more goblins! Done and done, let's move on.

The funny thing is, when people say let's have Venom or Carnage, people bash about how they had enough of symbiotes even though it was only in one movie and mistreated, but how they quickly jump to want another Goblin, when they spanned into two movies.

* Sorry if I appear as rude, I'm just saddened by such ignorance.

^ Well i wouldn't want to see more goblins or more symbiotes. Something new and fresh would be nice.

Harry should have been the Hobgoblin, in my opinion. It would've solved all this debate, made a more faithful Goblin outfit for Harry and included (technically) another of the comic's villains in the films.

Harry should have been the Hobgoblin, in my opinion. It would've solved all this debate, made a more faithful Goblin outfit for Harry and included (technically) another of the comic's villains in the films.
Then you would get fanboys to b!tch about something else.

Hobgoblin IS coming, whether you know it or not. Remember when Harry was in the Goblin's Lair? Between The New Goblin's and the Green Goblin's Masks was a Gold and Silver Goblin mask. If that doesn't say "HOBGOBLIN IS COMING" i dont know what does.

Hobgoblin IS coming, whether you know it or not. Remember when Harry was in the Goblin's Lair? Between The New Goblin's and the Green Goblin's Masks was a Gold and Silver Goblin mask. If that doesn't say "HOBGOBLIN IS COMING" i dont know what does.
It doesnt, its just a little easter egg for the fans

If plastic Power Ranger Goblin costume was accepted, then Mysterio's look will be, too.

For the last time, Green Goblin looked nothing like a damn power rangers...look at pictures of them both, side by side...they look nothing alike...in fact, the Power Rangers wear spandex, which is much closer to his comic book look than his metallic movie look...jesus people, how can you not tell the difference between spandex and metal????

Anyway, on the Hobgoblin, unlike with Norman, him wearing a more prosthetic, comic book accurate costume would actually work, as long as they use the Roderik Kingsly version, who was in fact an evil fashion designer (ok, it just sounds ridiculous when you put it that way) so he would actually have a reason to design a suit that's more aesthetically scary and focus less on being purely functional like Norman and Harry did.

I'm not talking Spider-Man 4, which of course is the hot topic - we all need a "goblin" break.

But I want to see him. With a prostetic mask and hi tech / cape type suit like we saw in Bendis' Secret War

Anyone agree? I think it would be nice to have a bad ash cool looking Goblin mask and have some more nice aerial fights with Spider-Man.
no more gliders please, he'll probably end up being stabbed by it...

they are an occupational hazzard...

Leave all of the goblin stuff alone for some time. There are plenty of other Spidey villians that I'd want to see first.

If any Goblin EVER comes back it needs to be Norman Osborn, like he did in the comics. Back from his vacation in Europe. With amnesia.

They could handle his resurrection really well, and he could be the "Kingpin" type villain that hires other muscle. He could also eventually form the Sinister Six for Spider-Man 6 (perfect.)

Hobgoblin was pretty cool, but he didn't really offer more than a different color costume. Norman Osborn is way more interesting, epic, and important to the overall Spider-Man story.

His costume should look like it did in Marvel Knights Spider-Man:

http://www.superherodb.com/pictures/fullbody/green-goblin.jpg

Imagine a cool, scary Goblin with medieval chain mail armor and the only thing green on his costume is his mask.

Green Goblin's awesome, to me Hobgoblin's just kinda "eh."

NO! A THOUSAND TIMES NO!! They should've done Hobgoblin in 3 too bad they ruined that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"