The Dark Knight Rises Honest Trailers - TDKR

I noticed the same thing on several other forums I post on. There is a lot of flak and critiques towards the movie. I personally find most of them are valid criticisms that take the enjoyment out of the movie. I don't find all of the Honest trailers points credible, some of them are just in it for comedy. But I do find a lot of them valid.

Agreed - some of it was for comedy and it did make me laugh. I think alot of fans mistake the comedic aspect as nitpicking.

What posters who get all worked up have to realize that this is the internet discussion community - which often does not follow public/critical opinion so posters have to understand that they have to get used to the flack that 'TDKR' gets and will continue to get for a long time. It's just the internet community anyway so what they think really doesn't matter if the moviegoing public/your friends like it - you're at least in good company. The internet discussing community is a vocal minority, nothing more.

But I think the biggest benefit a vocal minority like this offers is more in depth looks at things that the average filmgoer/peer doesn't have time to do. There are plenty of great things posters point out that I would miss or someone else would - and alot of fair criticisms.

Popular stuff tends to be criticized. Specially since the boom of internet.

Its kinda annoying some of that stuff happening in what should be a fan community of the genre , the character and specifically this movie...but we need to be able to swallow every opinion. No matter how good or stupid they are.

I don't mind the Honest Trailer in concept. I love TDK, but the Honest Trailer for that was hilarious. I just didn't find this one that funny, as it pretty much just went through the motions of all the questions and "plot holes" the internet was buzzing with back in July and August.

Good posts though TheDevilIsMe. Keeping some perspective is important.

I also thought tdk honest trailer was very funny . And i loved the movie (and i think they also loved it , they say something like that in the end).

This one i didn't find very funny.

And i loved the movie (and i think they also loved it , they say something like that in the end).

Yup they did say that at the end. Just letting folk know it's a movie they think is awesome.

Heh they didn't say that for Rises, which is their funniest one yet me thinks.

Well, they did use the Red Letter Media guys, both of which actually liked TDKR a lot.

Agreed - some of it was for comedy and it did make me laugh. I think alot of fans mistake the comedic aspect as nitpicking.

What posters who get all worked up have to realize that this is the internet discussion community - which often does not follow public/critical opinion so posters have to understand that they have to get used to the flack that 'TDKR' gets and will continue to get for a long time. It's just the internet community anyway so what they think really doesn't matter if the moviegoing public/your friends like it - you're at least in good company. The internet discussing community is a vocal minority, nothing more.

But I think the biggest benefit a vocal minority like this offers is more in depth looks at things that the average filmgoer/peer doesn't have time to do. There are plenty of great things posters point out that I would miss or someone else would - and alot of fair criticisms.

Nice analysis there. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"