1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

Voting is now over! Stay tuned for the awards ceremony!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

Horizon Horizon: Zero Dawn

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Havok83, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Mani-Man I just found out about this (he/him)

I want to say that the Xbox fans are as awful too about such stuff, but i have no comparison to that becasue im only around PS fanboys.
    And they sound hell of a lot like a dumpster fire.
    The kind of nonsense i have heard since those news broke, is unreal.
    People have lost their god damn minds screaming around that the Playstation is dead and all this kind of idiocy.

I dont get what their damage is, HZD made all the money it could on the PS...they dont lose anything by now.
    They got it what? 3 years exclusive for the Playstation...there is nothing they lose or so...god damn idiots.

2. Teelie Jokerface

I started playing a few years back but never finished. Recently I have been playing a lot lately and I'm roughly 70% through according to the game statistics. I somehow managed to avoid spoiling the big secret of what "Zero Dawn" actually is until roughly an hour ago. :wow:

This has potential for a series based off of it although Probably the cost of CG robot effects would be through the roof.

I forgot just how awesome this game is. Can't wait for Forbidden West.

I thought that was awesome too. That is how you make an entrance.

#302 Teelie, Jun 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  3. Legendver2 Registered

This is probably one of the greatest games I've never played (since a lot of AAA games now are more interactive cinematic experiences, and games costing $60 a pop, I mostly resort to watching these via playthroughs instead). Finding out what Zero Dawn is was kinda mind blowing. But finding out what the
    Faro Plague was honestly gave me a sense of dread. It was like The matrix, but turned up to 11. It was a no win battle.
    Can't wait to watch :oldrazz: Forbidden West.

4. liesse00 Registered

This is was one of the first games I thought of when PlayStation Studios was announced last year. Visually, if done right, it would look amazing.

Iceman likes this.
  5. Teelie Jokerface

I have done everything up to the final quest and currently working through Frozen Wilds and a missing achievement here or there before I do the last "no turning back" quest.

Iceman likes this.
  6. Gee Rebirth

It's great that they've added a slider for FoV after all. Can't wait to finally play this in 4K.

Iceman likes this.
  7. Teelie Jokerface

I just finished everything. Frozen Wilds too. Now all that is left is a new game+ on Ultra Hard difficulty. Think I might take a break before I go after that one though.

Iceman likes this.
  8. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    The things I've abandoned in the games arethe fireclaws, those timed challenges and those recordings/texts.

But I'm pretty sure I've finished/acquired like 90% of the game/the dlc.

9. Teelie Jokerface

Fireclaws can be a pain but I managed to still destroy them all.

10. Gee Rebirth

Great to hear that the wide FOV removes the claustrophobic feel I had on the PS4. However I'm reading some very disappointing benchmarks/performance so hopefully the day-1 patch fixes that.

11. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Just rewatched all of this game on youtube and can't wait for Forbidden West. ZD really gets better as it goes along.

12. Broseph44 Witness Me

It’s release day for Forbidden West! Been anxiously waiting to get out of work and play.

Iceman likes this.
  13. MagnarTheGreat Web Ninja

MP1ST - Report: Horizon Zero Dawn Remake/Remaster in the Works for PS5; Horizon Multiplayer Game in Development

A Horizon Zero Dawn remaster is in the works for PS5, it’s claimed | VGC

A moderator on a very large gaming forum also claims to have seen it. "The remake is real, it's like The Last of Us Part I (Where you can kinda go back and forth on if it's a Remake or Remaster). I've seen it. bye." Other members say: "I can confirm it's real. Trust me, I had the same reaction as all of you lol" and "Remaster 100%, not a remake. Mostly a graphical face-lift."

If true it continues the pattern of Sony under Jim Ryan pattern of liking to waste people's and developers time and money with all these pointless full-price $70 remake/glorified remasters of recent games when the originals still run on the newest hardware and already look great.

#315 MagnarTheGreat, Oct 2, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  14. Sithborg Gundam Utena

Just, why?

15. Snow Queen Maybe Someday (she/her)

This one feels silly. But admittedly, I would like to see those cutscenes redone with the animation of the sequel. They're super stiff in the original, especially next to how wonderfully expressive the sequel is. Not $100 CAD would like to see it but...

16. MagnarTheGreat Web Ninja

As best as I can tell Sony’s film and television divisions now dictate what games Sony puts out.

There was the Last of Us Remake for the HBO show, then the Twisted Metal revival/remake for that new Twisted Metal show, and now this for the Horizon TV show for Netflix, and whatever else I’m forgetting. Basically if Sony has a tv show or movie they want a game (re-)release to go beside it. Like their Spider-man games to go out beside their Spider-man movies. They remade Ratchet and Clank back in 2016 for the movie.

#318 MagnarTheGreat, Oct 2, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  17. Joined:
    Jan 12, 2007
    Wtf is this a Jim Ryan decision lol?

18. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    Its unintentionally hilarious.

Sony could have remade all the Uncharted/God of War games, but chose to go with this one. I guess a Ghost of Tsushima remake would happen someday.

19. Teelie Jokerface

The Last of Us is on it's second remake so I am not surprised.

20. Havok83 Registered

A Horizon remaster makes no sense. It already got a PS5 patch and looks and runs fine. It's almost on par with Horizon 2. I honestly dont see what they can do to improve it.. What would a remaster realistically add besides I guess Dualsense support?

Its on its first

21. Wolvieboy17 Anthropomorphic Clock

A from the ground up remake of Last of Us is very different to a remake of the much more recent Horizon Zero Dawn. But I'd be willing to bet it's tied to the upcoming Netflix show. Sony will want something to release around the same time as the show. But HZD still looks very good?

22. Teelie Jokerface

Sorry, they "remastered" it once already barely after it came out on the PS3 and remade it less than a decade after its initial release.

23. Gee Rebirth

They probably want to capitalize on the upcoming TV series. Expect a remaster/remake of Ghost of Tsushima and Gran Turismo 7 since they both have movie adaptations in development. :o

Also, according to the leaked spreadsheet, a multiplayer game is in the works. I suppose a Monster Hunter type of online game in the Horizon universe makes sense.

[​IMG]