Frankenstein
Freddy
Jason
Hannibal Lector

Freddy
Jason
Michael Myers
Dracula

But I'm surprised no one has mentioned (IMO) the greatest movie monster...

alien.jpg

Dracula, although if objects could be counted, the simplicity of an everyday knife would likely outrank the Count.

When you kill someone with a chainsaw...I'd call that a slash. Just saying.
He didn't just use a chainsaw.

Leatherface operated with the help of his sadistic family. He was mentally ******ed, and would often sprint to chase his victims, grunting and screaming throughout.

If we're talking about the quiet, slow-moving stalking that has been a staple in horror films for years, that goes to Michael Myers. Leatherface came first, but even he drew inspiration from Ed Gein, who was inspiration for Norman Bates.

So basically, Norman rules all.
And Gein was basically a cannibalistic serial killer, so...

Ok,everyone. A poll has been added. Sorry about not having one before,or if I missed your favorite icon.

i just thought i'd chime in on the slasher discussion. it doesn't go bates then myers.

what actually happened is that bates inspired italian directors who then basically created the slasher genre as their pulp murder mysteries became more violent with set piece death scenes. then halloween took that and introduced it to america.

there are death scenes from halloween and friday the 13th films that are practically identical to scenes in earlier gialli.

Last edited:
Gotta go with my boy Super-Frank.:cwink:
superfrank2ge7.jpg

:woot:

The witch in snow white, she has traumatized generation and generation of children:woot:.

Since I'm a early 80's child i'm gonna go with the following.

Freddy
Jason
Micheal
Leatherface

And for the newer ones prolly
Ghostface from the Scream series.
and Jigsaw From the Saw series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members