Hostel:Part II

Surprisingly (more like shockingly, considering how much I hated Cabin Fever and Hostel) not bad.
I actually felt bad for the group and didn't want to see them die, I was disturbed by something other than the obscenely bad acting and prosthetics, the morality tale aspect that comes across so well in the SAW films and was so lacking Hostel is handled fairly well here, there are some nice role-reversals, and I actually

cared about the lead getting revenge this time, where as in Hostel the victims were so ****ing annoying and not worth giving a **** about that I couldn't have cared less.

Definitely the biggest surprise of the year, I was banking on this movie being beyond terrible. I reall hope Thanksgiving becomes a feature film.

Can you spoiler tag the crazy ending for me? I'm going to see it on Tuesday.

Can you spoiler tag the crazy ending for me? I'm going to see it on Tuesday.

these two brothers are just joining the organization and going to torture people for the first time, and the one that's been so into it talking about how bad ass its going to be the whole movie cuts the girls face and cant stand what hes done when she starts crying and bleeding all over him and he runs out of the room and curls up crying, and the other guy thats felt awful about it the whole movie and didnt want to it gets there, and he becomes a total control freak and enjoys dominating the woman and hurting her.
The woman ends up overpowering the control freak and yells for Sasha(the leader of the orgainzation)to come to the room, and she makes a deal to buy her way out. He tells her noone is allowed to leave without killing someone, the control freak calls her a **** and she rips his dick clean off and dogs charge in to rip him apart as he's gushing blood, then the woman finds the woman that set her and her friends up and decapitates her, and those demented bubble gum kids kick around her severed head.

these two brothers are just joining the organization and going to torture people for the first time, and the one that's been so into it talking about how bad ass its going to be the whole movie cuts the girls face and cant stand what hes done when she starts crying and bleeding all over him and he runs out of the room and curls up crying, and the other guy thats felt awful about it the whole movie and didnt want to it gets there, and he becomes a total control freak and enjoys dominating the woman and hurting her.
The woman ends up overpowering the control freak and yells for Sasha(the leader of the orgainzation)to come to the room, and she makes a deal to buy her way out. He tells her noone is allowed to leave without killing someone, the control freak calls her a **** and she rips his dick clean off and dogs charge in to rip him apart as he's gushing blood, then the woman finds the woman that set her and her friends up and decapitates her, and those demented bubble gum kids kick around her severed head.

Nice! Thanks!

That's not the most shocking ending ever......like they were saying

Eli is great, I can't understand the hate. :heart:

Film broke at theater, couldn't watch movie. :csad:

I love Roth's "take" on horror... with a little bit of comedy.

He can disturb you greatly, but then make you laugh to ease the painful tension.

Got my money back AND a free pass

i saw this today... it was good in a sense that we got to know more about the people who set up the hostel thing in slovakia

its got one torture scene that bugged me, the rest were pretty cool... last one before the ending was just silly....

INITIAL PLOT was good, but the direction led it to the wrong areas at times... the acting sucked too

6/10

Technical, you are pirates. The more peeps that see it for free...well, the less chance of the studio's making money. If there's no profits, there's no bloody movies.

However...I'm guilty too, because I've seen quite a few. The ones that are good I will buy/rent the dvd's one day.

Pirates, no. Again, those who bring camcorders to the theatres and record the films are the "pirates". People who watch pirated movies are not pirates. Period. Quite frankly, most of the movies I watch for free are movies that I had no intentions of shelling out $10 for in theatres. Now, where I agree with you is, if I like a film I see for free through streaming media sites, then yeah, most likely I'll buy the DVD. Thats $15 the studio just made on a movie I otherwise would not have touched. :cwink:

Back on topic, Hostel II was on par with the first. Better than most modern horror flicks with a nice twist at the end.

Eli Roth Talks Cell, Hostel Piracy, Unethical Reviews

As most of you know Eli Roth's Hostel: Part II leaked on the internet - and into the streets - weeks before it's theatrical release. From what we're told the film was DVD quality, but unfinished (with green screen even still in sight). Many unethical reviewers blasted the cut weeks before release, fans downloaded it, passed it around - and no one went to the theater. What sucks so bad about this whole situation is that this truly is going to hurt R-rated releases, and studios are going to play it safe with more PG-13 films. Inside director Eli Roth responds to the whole ordeal and talks the future of Cell, which might not see the light of day until the fall of 2008.

From Eli Roth's Blog:
"Hey Everyone,

I'm in Paris, doing press for the French release of Hostel Part II, and tonight I'm off to Rome for the last leg of the press tour. After that I'm going to take a long overdue break, since I've gone from one film to the next without stopping, just to recharge my brain a bit.

I want to thank all of you for your kind e-mails and incredible support for the film. However, piracy has become worse than ever now, and a stolen workprint (with uninished music, no sound effects, and no VFX) leaked out on line before the release, and is really hurting us, especially internationally. Piracy will be the death of the film industry, as it killed the music industry, and while it makes a smaller dent in huge movies like Spider Man 3, it really hurts films like mine, which have far less of an advertising and production budget. Not only that, critics have actually been REVIEWING the film based off the pirated copy, which is inexcusable. Some of these critics I have actually known for a few years, and while I wouldn't dignify them by mentioning them by name, I know who they are, as do the studios, and other filmmakers, and they will no longer have any access to any of my films.

What I'm saying is, this is your last chance to see one of my films for a while. If you haven't seen it, go now, because after next weekend the film will be gone from theaters. There are too many other summer movies coming in, so basically we get two weeks in cinemas, and then the film will live on DVD. I am not directing CELL any time soon, and I most likely will take the rest of the year to write my other projects. Which means I wouldn't shoot until the spring, and you wouldn't see a film directed by me in the cinemas until at least next fall. If everyone on my friends list went to see the film this weekend and brought a friend, it would make a huge difference. Bring a non-horror fan - try to convert them. It's the only way these films will live. But right now the R rated horror film is in serious jeopardy. Studios feel the public doesn't want them any more, and so they are only putting PG-13 films into production. The only way to counter this perception is to get out there and support R rated horror. It's the only message they'll hear. People love the movie, and even though it only cost $10 million dollars (as opposed to the other summer tentpoles which cost $300 million), and has already earned its money back, if it's not a massive money earner then they'll just continue to make the same PG-13 films everyone complained about a few years ago.

To counter piracy, fans can flood file sharing services with fake Hostel II downloads just so no one can ever actually get the movie, but the only thing that really makes a difference is supporting the movie in the theaters. Also - the theater OWNERS know this as well. If horror movies aren't bringing in customers, they're not going to program them. If we are going to send them a message, we have to do it with our wallets, and we have to do it now. I've done all I can to make a great film for the fans, as violent and bloody and fun as possible. The rest is up to you guys...

Thanks again for all your support,

Eli"

I remember back when Hostel 2 was announced, they said the guy who survived the first one would run into the new group coming in. Was he in the movie? If so what happened with him?

Definitely gonna take my girl to this one tonight :up:

Wow, it's only getting two weeks!? :eek:
Oh, Eli. :csad:
I'm glad I saw it when I did.

It's a shame priracy screwed this film up. I went out with some friends and saw it last week. I enjoyed it.

I remember back when Hostel 2 was announced, they said the guy who survived the first one would run into the new group coming in. Was he in the movie? If so what happened with him?

yeah he was in it. but he didnt run around with the new group, or even see them at all which i thought would be cool. his story pretty much was chopped off after the first ten to fifteen minutes. if you get want im saying.

I love the reasons producers and directors come up with for their movie failing. Its pirates or an R-rating or a release date(though it was released in the worst possible time ever). Its never the fact that people just weren't interested in seeing it.

Well when someone pirates your movie puts it out two weeks before its release i say its a pretty big factor.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=640

Eli Roth Guest Judge on Lot
Source: Ryan Rotten
June 26, 2007

The rotating judge circus of the Fox reality series "On the Lot" continues tonight with Mark Waters (Mean Girls) sitting alongside show staples Gary Marshall, Carrie Fisher and that smokin' hot host. Finalists will be narrowed from 13 to 12 this week as the eager filmmakers in the hot seat present their comedy shorts.

Next week, "Lot" turns to horror and Shock has been informed that Eli Roth will be there to weigh in and offer some healthy criticism. The episode airs on July 3rd (8 - 9pm), the focus obviously being fright-themed projects. William Friedkin (Bug) was previously announced as the horror episode's guest judge. It's unclear if he'll appear in a future installment.

I'm so exciting I can hardly contain myself. :hyper: :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"