The Dark Knight How brutal should Joker killings be?

bdsproductions

Forever guarding Gotham
Reaction score
i say instead of the gas he carves peoples faces into a smile and usually shoots/stabs them to death.lotta blood you usually shoukld only see the corpse and not the killing.

bdsproductions said:
i say instead of the gas he carves peoples faces into a smile and usually shoots/stabs them to death.lotta blood you usually shoukld only see the corpse and not the killing.

I'd rather have the method of killing left to the imagination. The imagination is almost always better and the more bloody any depiction is, the harder it is to make future depictions less bloody.

bdsproductions said:

great idea, too bad WB is contracted to deliver a PG-13 bat film.

War Lord said:
I'd rather have the method of killing left to the imagination. The imagination is almost always better and the more bloody any depiction is, the harder it is to make future depictions less bloody.

I can accept that. As long as he's 'violent' in his ways...his dialogue, his mannerisms and his whole outlook on life. I dont want to see a clown...I want a killer, brutal and savage in his ways. The joker name should be just that...a name.
He's got to be brutal enough to warrent Batman's attention...otherwise he's someone the local cops would deal with. I know, Bats goes after everyone who crosses the line but Jokers presence needs to be noticably worthwhile to get the relationship of good VS evil between the 2.
Again, arch nemisis of the Bat...that needs to be visible and understood for that concept to stick in the minds of movie goers moreso than the fans like us who already get it.

David

implied brutality can be EXTREMELY effective, i agree. and as was also stated, the imagination almost ALWAYS paints a far more gruesome picture and heightens the sense of dread, etc. i think two good examples of this were in DUSK 'TIL DAWN (in the motel, towards the beginning) and FROM HELL (in the room rented by the prostitutes, towards the end). you didn't see too much of the victims' bodies, just some distant shots of lots of blood covering the walls, floor, etc. of the respective locales...

If you want to see how well implied brutality can work, just watch the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Yes it has some moment of gore, but not NEARLY as many as most people think/remember it had.

kytrigger said:
If you want to see how well implied brutality can work, just watch the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Yes it has some moment of gore, but not NEARLY as many as most people think/remember it had.

very true! Lots of people are surprised at how implied rather than graphic it really is.

bdsproductions said:

Great Ceasers Ghost! The terrible ideas fad has returned! Must counter!

TheJokerCarverHorriblybadfireworks.jpg

DIE, CARVING IDEA! DIE!

Rynan said:
Great Ceasers Ghost! The terrible ideas fad has returned! Must counter!

TheJokerCarverHorriblybadfireworks.jpg

DIE, CARVING IDEA! DIE!

i mean pinning the guy/girl down opening his mouth and sliceing the mouth so it looks like a smile,slowly and laughing the whole time.

does The Joker use a knife? isn't he more of a gun and props kind of guy. stick to a gun. if he uses a bomb, wrap it in a present or a jack-in-the-box. use an acid-squirting flower (he doesnt have to carry it). he is called Joker for a reason, its not just a name.

bdsproductions said:

why would you even pose this question when the answer is already pretty obvious? come on, everyone knows this will be pg13, so I highly doubt they'll be using horror-style cutaways to imply a brutal murder, they won't do anything of the sort. the gas works well for the age rating, it's gruesome, but not in a vicious, base kind of way. go watch scream or something :rolleyes:

Joker isn't a knife man though is he really? He's always been more of a Gun/Bombs kinda guy.

I'd say Joker gas has to be used once, maybe to give Batman a message.

I'd like to see him bomb Wayne Tower or something like that.

Torturing or interrogating Maroni/Loeb/Flass. In my opinion this is an absolute certainty to happen in the film.

Perhaps using the crowbar like death in the family.

Other than those I thought his main weapon was his charm and his way to manipulate peoples minds.

This is exactly why acting skills are far more important than looks for this role, especially in an interrogation scene or at the finale of the film. He can't get away with just a couple of gimmicks.

Bettany and Hulme have the gift of the gab. The film needs someone like this.

I dont really think Joker needs to be overly violent and bloody. He's usually not portrayed that way in the comics. Yeah, sometimes his killings are bad, but he's perfectly fine gassing someone or just plain shooting them. I think the sheer number of people he kills should be enough to get Batman's attention.

Ronny Shade said:
Joker should rape Rachel and pee on her

lmao, I remember when someone seriously suggested that. I'm so glad certain people aren't in charge of these films.

It makes me think of SeriousDuke's Batman movie where Joker peed on the Dark Knight

I think it all comes back to the old flawed theory that R-rated = serious (ie credible) movie

I think overly bloody killings are a bad idea. That's not The Joker's style. He's way more creative than that. Toxic gas, bombs, mini spear guns where the spears have "bang" flags on them, that sort of stuff. And The Joker shouldn't just be some axe weilding psycho. He's got more class than that. He's funny, witty, flamboiant, and a bit charismatic. That's the Joker.

The Question said:
I think overly bloody killings are a bad idea. That's not The Joker's style. He's way more creative than that. Toxic gas, bombs, mini spear guns where the spears have "bang" flags on them, that sort of stuff. And The Joker shouldn't just be some axe weilding psycho. He's got more class than that. He's funny, witty, flamboiant, and a bit charismatic. That's the Joker.
100% agreed. Bad idea because of this and the fact that implied brutality can be more effective in a film than an overly bloody scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"