How confident are you in sp4?

Discussion in 'Spider-Man Sequels' started by Spider-Bite, Dec 3, 2007.

?

how good will spider-man 4 be?

1. terrible

2. alright

3. extremely good

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Spider-Bite Registered

How confident are you that spider-man 4 will be good? I'm not really confident at all. I think it's going to suck and make a bunch of money and have amazing special effects.

2. AshtonFoster Registered

Not confident. If Raimi directs, even less confident. Especially if he lets his kids anywhere near the screen again. That totally killed SM3 for me. Talk about getting in the way of his judgement....

I respect what he's done with the Spider-Man franchise commercially, but I would like a less cheesy SM film.

3. November Rain Single Mother

not very....

the problems with the franchise are hidden at the core of the first film, they can't be undone now, so one just has to wait.

also having a film without harry in it to at least make it acceptible seems like a stretch

4. Uber Venom Born to Burn

Not very. I expected great things from SM3. After seeing the trailers, it was hard not to. I was left very disappointed. Very. I don't really care if SM4 is even made, but I won't be expecting much when the time does come.

5. Batmans Spirit Registered

To be honest if Raimi only directs (Spider-Man 2) and keeps away from the script - doesn't even suggest anything!

It should be brill. Spider-man 3 sucked because of too many subplots, characters and villains.

I mean he doesn't understand or like Venom. In that case Raimi why would you want to help write the movie he was in?!

I dunno - here's hoping he will just direct because i like his style. He should learn from his mistakes and not repeat them..

6. Blader5489 CASUAL SEX!

Pretty confident. The fact that we're getting a new writer is a good thing, especially since it's Vanderbilt. The emphasis on characters with there only being two villains is also a good thing.

I think Harry's death and Gwen's introduction open up a lot of story possibilities for the next movie, plus I'm looking forward to seeing the Lizard in live action.

The only reservation I have is that Raimi may not direct, not because I think that Raimi is the only director capable of making a good Spider-Man film but because I'm hesitant about shackling a new director to the old one's vision. Historically, changing directors within the same continuity has never been good for a superhero series.

Other than that, though, I'm anticipating SM4.

7. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I am gonna wait. Right now, it can go either way. When we learn of Raimi's status and who a possible new crew is, then I will say more.

8. NewYorkSpider EndGame

It's going to depend on the status of Raimi and who will direct it. If it's a director I trust than I will feel confident.

9. IamProdigy Registered

All I can say is...I can just imagine Lizard dancing in Central Park...possibly a Waltz.

10. Spider-ManHero12 Web-Slinger

I'm very confident in SM4, especially if Sam is directing.

11. Spideyfan01 R.I.P. Heath Ledger.....

I'm confident. Rami has learned from his mistakes. SM3 wasn't very good because he was presured into using Venom and the Symbiote by the studio. If he'd just stuck with Sandman and New Goblin SM3 would have been WAYYY better.

12. IamProdigy Registered

I just laugh when people think the movie would've been better with just New Goblin and Sandman, hahaha.

13. Arcturus Registered

For now i'm going to vote extremely good, for the hell of it.

14. Wedge A. Registered

It has definite potential, so long as it avoids some mistakes from the last entry, I think everyone's in for a great installment.

15. chaseter Esteemed Member

I said alright, it has potential to go either way at this point.

16. Joe Von Zombie Hell yeah!

I think Spider-Man 4 will be decent if they recast and get a real writing team on the project. Tobey Maguire and three terrible scripts are what killed these movies for me.

17. kbrooksgohan Registered

Terrible Scripts? What where you looking at?

18. Mr Jide Registered

I havn't been confident with a spidey movie since spider-man 1. As long as Raimi maintains the control he's had over these movies, the further away hope is, in getting a good spider-man movie.

19. Mr Jide Registered

He was looking at the horrible, mediocre, half-assed efforts being passed off as spider-man movies, which you seem to have evidently enjoyed.

20. Boreanaz Guest

Not atall - I dont care if it ever gets made.

21. Joe Von Zombie Hell yeah!

I would rather they wait a few years and reboot the series to get a proper spider-man trilogy.

22. omid17 Registered

agreed:csad:

23. Visionary Registered

I'm confident, that every single one registered here at SHH! is going to be in theaters watching SM4 when it's released...for the fourth time. :cool:

24. Spider-Girl™ Mayday Parker

Yea, i'll be there :)

25. DACrowe Registered

How confidant am I in a movie that we know nothing about because it hasn't even been written yet, has no cast or director or even a release date (which at the earliest is 2 1/2 years away)? Gee...I'm going to have to go with no freaking idea?

Honestly....

For example if Vanderbilt's script was a "more mature" Spidey film with only two villains and one was the Lizard, and Raimi and Tobe ywere back I'd be very ocnfidant. If Vanderbilt's script is said to be more fluffy like his work on The Rundown (a Rock movie with Sean William Scott) and a Brett Ratner or McG type (he is still looking to do a superhero movie by the way) is hired and a casting the likes of the dude from Heroes/Rocky VI gets cast...my confidence would be non-existant.

But it could go either way or most likely something in between. WE DON'T KNOW!