The Dark Knight How do you think Heath Ledger will do as Joker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ice.Man

It kind of make's me mad, i don't think he'll do good at all.how do you think he'll do?

I think he'll do great. His casting was a pleasant surprise for me. He's got the commitment and abilities needed for this role.

At first, I was like, "What?" However, after picturing him done up in the makeup as seen in the manips, and realizing his talent, I saw that he can do a very good job. I picture a hearless killer who takes so much pleasure from his brutality. The dark sarcasm will be prominent in this film.

Ice.Man said:
It kind of make's me mad, i don't think he'll do good at all.how do you think he'll do?

I think everyone who believes he'll be extremely dark and sadistic will be disapointed. I think it will be a serious take on the Joker, as realistic as possible, but not extremely dark or violent. Like the Scarecrow and Ras, he'll be there serve the story rather than a fully developed character in his own right.

If he stays true to what he said about the "Clockwork Orange" comment then he will topple Nicholson's reign as the Joker, but if he cannot do that then I'm afraid he'll underperform as the Joker.

He's got BIG shoes to fill whether people now like Burton's "Batman" anymore or not but he'll be being compared to Jack's Joker all through now till the movie comes out and after it comes out.

You still got the haters who wanted Bettany or Hulme or some other actor, you still got the doubters (me for instance), and you still got the old-fans who liked Nicholson, and the Nolan fans who just don't give a **** and we'll trust Nolan till the end and perhaps even taken a bullet for him.

In the end Ledger has got to sell it and I guess we'll find out by the first trailer if he does or not.

Heath Ledger is beginning to come into his own as an actor

watch "Lords of Dog Town"
he plays his character so well.

I have faith that he can pull off the joker

How about on Oscar nominee?... if it wasn't a Batman film I think he would give a performance that would merit one

I think he'll be pretty well developed as far as a necessary character goes. The point of the last batman was Batman developing. The point of this next Batman might possibly be Batman and his interactions with the villains and good guys... Deep development of Ra's and Scarecrow could have distracted the viewers from the real point of Begins. We don't have to worry about something like that for the next one in my opinion.

And generally I'm not too worried about Ledger.

*reloads paintball gun*

What kind of ******ed thread is this exactly?

Actually there is only one kind and those are the ones started by noobs.

I think he'll do great. "But I've been wrong before."

After seeing what Nolan and all did with Batman Begins, I really didn't care who got the part. I was curious. But I think they know what they are doing and we will not be disappointed.

I think he'll be a really gay Joker. Y'know, cuz he was gay in that cowboy movie.

Matis17 said:
I think he'll be a really gay Joker. Y'know, cuz he was gay in that cowboy movie.

Wow that was brilliant. How come no one else has made that funny image happen yet. We are all so slow.

I have faith that he can make a satisfactory Joker.

At this point, I'm not expecting too much, though. My feelings on HL are mixed.

He'll do great. If Nolan cast him, then I can do nothing except trusting in his judgement, which has already been proved worthy with Batman Begins.

Ledger has continually played his roles well and with Nolan planning where he wants to go with the films and looking at his track record, if you liked Begins, then you shouldn't have a problem with the film.

I´m getting tired of this anti-Ledger thing. If this guy was some Paul Walker or Freddie Prinze Jr I´d totally get it, but the man is a respected, Oscar-nominated actor, he has the right chin and the right grin... He hasn´t played a psycho yet, but that´s what´s exciting, how may people thought of Gary Oldman as Gordon?

ultimatefan said:
I´m getting tired of this anti-Ledger thing. If this guy was some Paul Walker or Freddie Prinze Jr I´d totally get it, but the man is a respected, Oscar-nominated actor, he has the right chin and the right grin... He hasn´t played a psycho yet, but that´s what´s exciting, how may people thought of Gary Oldman as Gordon?

Gary Oldman with a mustache does look like Gordon. It was inspired casting. I still don't see how Ledger looks like The Joker but I'll give the guy a chance and if he wows me by the first trailer than I'll eat my hat and if he can pull off a "Clockwork Orange" with the character than he's wowed me even more but till then... it's all up in the air and it's not really an anti-Ledger cult or anything, it's just everybody has THEIR Joker and has THEIR person to play Joker.

Not idea. He is a great actor, but i dont know anything about how the joker will be developed in the movie. Lets wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"