The Dark Knight How do you think Heath Ledger will do as Joker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ledger doesn't look like the Joker, but neither did Nicholson. All he nees is a little make-up, maybe even a prosthetic here and there, and viola!

As for the acting, I believe he'll do a good job, if he wasn't then Nolan sure wouldn't have hired him. But am I excited about him being the Joker? Not until I see the first pictures.

ultimatefan said:
I´m getting tired of this anti-Ledger thing. If this guy was some Paul Walker or Freddie Prinze Jr I´d totally get it, but the man is a respected, Oscar-nominated actor, he has the right chin and the right grin... He hasn´t played a psycho yet, but that´s what´s exciting, how may people thought of Gary Oldman as Gordon?

WHAT HO! The voice of reason!

Nolan has yet to mis-cast, in my opinion. THE JOKER WILL KICK ****ING ASS LIKE A MOTHER****ING BADASS **** NASTY BASTARD.

The Only Woj said:
Nolan has yet to mis-cast, in my opinion. I have no doubt that the Joker won't be the greatest villain in film after TDK.

....Wha?:confused:

Yeah that doesn't make a lot of sense. I'm calling typo. I think he doesn't mean "won't," but rather, "will."

I'm a little pessimisstic on this one. Heath blows in just about everything (and that wasn't a Broke Back Joke). His aussie accent is always apparent, he's young and he mumbles in every damn movie. He's got some work to do...

WeaponXProject said:
I'm a little pessimisstic on this one. Heath blows in just about everything (and that wasn't a Broke Back Joke). His aussie accent is always apparent, he's young and he mumbles in every damn movie. He's got some work to do...

Well hell, I've only seen him in "The Patriot" and "A Knight's Tale" but I enjoyed both movies and thought he had good screen presence.

Also, so what if he has an Australian accent? Hamill's Joker didn't exactly have an American accent, you know.

Ledger being cast doesn't seem to have the kind of backlass that Bem Afleck had, quite the oposite in fact, most seem excited for him from what i see here

Ledger backlash really made no sense. Most of it was from homophobes that were angry that he had previously played a gay man.

Pleasantly surprised to see quite a few optimistic posts in this particular thread. It's not how I remember it back in the day lol.

I know I wasn't here but I always believed in Ledger. Anyone who saw his early work how he could jump from 10 things to a Knights tale was all I needed to see to know he can act.

I remember my original reaction to the casting. I actually warmed to the choice very quickly, but I remember thinking Heath had a great smile and the right skinny/lanky physicality and youthful presence that The Joker should have. I also remember thinking that we'd be getting more of a "sad clown" Joker who wasn't as funny so I wasn't too concerned about whether or not Heath could embody that after Brokeback. I really had no idea what to expect but I was very interested to see what he would come up with.

Needless to say, he blew my expectations out of the water.

That's very funny to read now :oldrazz:

He will totally suck, worst casting ever. What's next, Anne Hathaway as Catwoman?

Meh :down:

I have to admit that Ledger's casting kind of perplexed me. I was not saying "This guy sucks" because I was impressed by his performances in Brokeback Mountain, Monster's Ball and especially Ned Kelly, where he played some kind of Australian Jesse James. So I knew he could act. But I just couldn't imagine him as the Joker. Maybe because he was such a handsome guy.
But at this time I didn't know what Nolan was planning for the Joker. In the end Ledger turned out to be the best casting choice in CBM history.

I was more confused than truly angry. I remember being a little pissed at first and confused, but I was able to see it once the manips started pouring in

I only thought this choice was interesting because I had seen Brokeback Mountain and Eniis del Mar was a extremely complex character to do, specially for a young man, and Ledger pulled it off just great, s I thought it was at least interesting to have him as the Joker. Also, it was like the opposite of Jack Nicholson, who everyone knew was an obvious choice. Other than that I was just baffled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"