How I Met Your Father - CBS Eyeing HIMYM Spinoff

I haven’t watched the series yet but from my understanding
The Father is not necessarily the same person Sophie ends up with in the future?
I don't know yet. So far it looks like Future Sophie is living by herself.

Well this was a drag to watch. Not feeling the show in general, but damn do I dislike the main couple. Sophie and Jesse are too boring together and I now know why @flickchick85 doesn't like Chris Lowell. :hehe:

But I do like the theory:

Sid the best friend is the actual father.

giphy.webp

I imagine we're going to see a lot more streaming shows getting canceled soon.

did they even get too reveal who the father was before ending the final season?
(like were given enough notice before the cancellation to tack on a reveal in the last episode?) no spoilers on who it is... just wondering if its worth watching season 2, or if it just ends on a cliff hanger, that'll never be answered

granted HIMYM dragged it out way too long (so if they were able to wrap the story up in only 2 seasons that's fine)

did they even get too reveal who the father was before ending the final season?
(like were given enough notice before the cancellation to tack on a reveal in the last episode?) no spoilers on who it is... just wondering if its worth watching season 2, or if it just ends on a cliff hanger, that'll never be answered

granted HIMYM dragged it out way too long (so if they were able to wrap the story up in only 2 seasons that's fine)
No. But a writer did reveal who was planned during season 1.

The spinoff show just never had the pop cultural breakthrough of the original series, which still got in just in time before streaming was the norm and you could still have some big hits on network TV.

I was never a big fan of the original, but I'd tune in from time to time. As far as your typical sitcom goes, it was decent. The cast all had great chemistry. However, I just couldn't get into the gimmick of the show. We're waiting for 10+ years to find out the mom even though Robin was apparently his one true love or whatever?

I liked original for it's group dynamic... was never overly invented in the "who the mother is" plot

this new group just didn't have that same appeal to me

I heard s1 wasn't that good but s2 was an improvement. So shame it got cancelled.

I never watched because I agree with @Spider-Fan83 the new cast just didn't have the same appeal to me as the old one. Again that's my opinion without watching. They just seemed too...glossy. Like they're all so clean and pretty. They all look like J Crew models at worst. Hilary Duff has these very obvious chiclet ass veneers that just makes me not take her seriously as a "normal" person. And I don't think audiences want that any more.
They want more "real" type characters. I don't think that audiences want to see a show about very pretty people problems. Unless those characters are acting like jerks. I feel like audiences want more shows like New Girl or Happy Endings (yes I know it got canceled early) where the characters are kinda more grimey.

I can just be pulling that outta thin air. But when I look at the trend of TV and even some movies, that's what I see

I'm just gonna post who the father is from Dan Levy (not that one) who was fired during season one allegedly spoiled it at one of his stand up routines while opening for John Mulaney:

It was Sid the best friend played by Suraj Sharma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"