How I Met Your Mother - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night was one of the funnier episodes in a while but for a second there I thought they were going to break up Barney/Robin.

Last night was one of the funnier episodes in a while but for a second there I thought they were going to break up Barney/Robin.
Yeah I was going to suggest, what if they postponed the wedding for some reason, meaning that Ted doesn't meet the mother until next season? I'd say it would be possible, but I doubt they'll go another season without Ted having a girlfriend. He seems to be at the end of his rope, so its better for the character that he meets her already.

I dont think they are gonna break up ever since there is only one more season left for the show....and Ted should meet his wife by the end of the current seasaon

This is How I Met Your Mother though. It's not How I Met Your Mother Plus Stuff After That.

:whatever:

The "how I met" story can/should include the moments they shared and what led Ted to know that she was, in fact, the woman he would spend the rest of his life with. They've both earned this kind of story.

I almost fairly certain that this season will end with him saying "Hi" to the mother at the train station, but we won't see her face or anything. That way they build up the suspense and don't necessarily have to cast a mother right away.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the two doesn't start dating right away. Something also tells me that Ted is going to knock her up and the show will end when she has their daughter, hence making her a "mother".

:whatever:

The "how I met" story can/should include the moments they shared and what led Ted to know that she was, in fact, the woman he would spend the rest of his life with. They've both earned this kind of story.

No need roll your eyes. I don't have a problem with that I guess, but is it something that's necessary? Wouldn't it hurt the show if the audience spent a lot of time with Ted's future wife and a portion didn't like the actress or perhaps the character?

Last edited:
No need roll your eyes. I don't have a problem with that I guess, but is it something necessary? Wouldn't it hurt the show if the audience spent a lot of time with Ted's future wife and a portion didn't like the actress or perhaps the character?

I've been saying this forever! But it's a lost argument.

No need roll your eyes. I don't have a problem with that I guess, but is it something necessary? Wouldn't it hurt the show if the audience spent a lot of time with Ted's future wife and a portion didn't like the actress or perhaps the character?
Yeah, that's always been my argument against bringing in the mother too early. A lot of people watch just to see who the mother is and how they meet. That's the purpose of the show and what it has been about for the past 7 1/2 years. Once she's introduced, there's a chance that a lot of people would stop watching if they didn't like the actress or don't care why she's special to Ted. But at the same time, there's only so long that they can stall it.

At this point in the game, that's just the risk they're going to have to take.

The mother is the most important casting decision outside of Ted. So hopefully they knock it out of the park. I love the casting on the show, so it will probably be another good choice.

It's definitely a key role. She's basically the sixth main character. I think they're going to give that casting the attention it deserves.

tumblr_lu7olgvuG91qacm62.png

She was dumped on her Birthday on two different shows. She just can't catch a break can she?

She was on Friends? I don't recall that...

Same here. But it's true. :wow:

[YT]O6f5HKqJWWg[/YT]

It's not the only similarity HIMYM has with Friends though.

ORLY? :oldrazz:

I think the obvious parallels are there...

Lily/Marshall = Monica/Chandler
Barney/Robin = (though they don't get together) Joey/Phoebe
Ted/The Mother = Ross/Rachel, though without the 10 year romantic angst rollercoaster after meeting.... hopefully.

ORLY? :oldrazz:

I think the obvious parallels are there...

Lily/Marshall = Monica/Chandler
Barney/Robin = (though they don't get together) Joey/Phoebe
Ted/The Mother = Ross/Rachel, though without the 10 year romantic angst rollercoaster after meeting.... hopefully.
When I first started watching the show, I felt like there was definitely a Friends vibe, but in my search for the above clip, I came across these links which really hammer in the similarities.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattcherette/friends-vs-how-i-met-your-mother
http://www.unofficialhimym.com/2012/01/friends-vs-how-i-met-your-mother.html

I think HIMYM is better but Friends was good.

Yeah, I enjoyed Friends while it was on and every now and then I catch a rerun and still laugh. But there are so many things about HIMYM that I love that they do differently, like with all the Ted stuff, which is why I get disappointed where they stray away from hiss story.

Anne Dudek has been on everything.

But it is funny that she played the same part in each show.

Yeah she was a regular cast member of Covert Affairs. I still haven't even caught up with the 2nd season of that show yet. She was also in Mad Men.

http://tvline.com/2013/03/18/how-i-met-your-mother-spoilers-mircea-monroe-cast/
HIMYM Scoop: Is Mircea Monroe Hot… Or Not?

Mircea Monroe keeps on keeping it in the CBS Corporation family.

Having costarred on Showtime’s Episodes and recurred on The CW’s Hart of Dixie, the blonde beauty’s next stop is CBS proper, with a provocative little role on How I Met Your Mother.

TVLine has learned that in the April 15 episode of the CBS sitcom, Monroe will guest-star as a McLaren’s patron clad in an oversized coat. As such, Barney will obsess, form hypotheses about and ultimately become determined to find out if the body this stranger is hiding beneath is hot, or not.

[SPOILER ALERT: Unless Terra Nova levels of CGI are involved, we'll go with the former.]

HIMYM resumes its penultimate season tonight at 8/7c.
Oh... she's hot, alright. :o:up:

have they said anything about casting yet for the The Mother? like do they know who they want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"