The Dark Knight Rises Should There Be A ‘Joker’ Spin-Off Film? Brett Ratner Thinks So

He is hardly in it at all and just appears out of nowhere and disappears just as randomly. It is almost like that Gotham Knight segment with Rameriez and Chris or whatever his name is. Except even you don't see Batman that much he just saves the day says something and leaves.

Yea that sounds cool, that story in Gotham Knight was my favourite one.

Thats how I would like Batman to be if a Joker spin-off was made, the whole story is from Jokers point of view, or even one of his goons like Bermejos story, then right at the end as his plot comes together Batman just appears and saves the day. Something like that anyway.

Yeah. I'm amazed at the hate fans are leveling at Ratner when essentially it was the studio's fault for the decisions they made going into production. I think if Ratner was given a quality script for X3 (without studio intervention), I think people would've been kinder on him and the film would've turned out much better.

To me, X3 wasn't bad, mediocre or awful. It was a missed opportunity, at worst and fairly entertaining at best.
I love a bad movie. If a movie sucks beyond belief, I can really enjoy it.

What I can't stand is a missed opportunity.

I think the idea of Joker spin-off movie is horrendous, no matter who is attached. He's a good villain, but he's the yin to Batman's yang..., it would fall flat just to have an extreme character like him as the main character. Not really too fond of Wolverine spin-off considering he was the star in the last three films.

Yea but Deadpool is gonna be in X-Men origins, he is my favourite Marvel character, hes a bad-ass.

I think the idea of Joker spin-off movie is horrendous, no matter who is attached. He's a good villain, but he's the yin to Batman's yang..., it would fall flat just to have an extreme character like him as the main character. Not really too fond of Wolverine spin-off considering he was the star in the last three films.

Wolverine can support a solo movie easier then Joker can.

Alpha Flight, Japan, CIA, Madripoor, Omega Red, Mariko Yashida etc. Plenty of material to explore in film.

a. don't paste smile faces in your in your messages, unless you're a little kid, which im going to assume that you are do to your flawless logic.

b. Ok well if you want to technical, what I actually said was, do you really think that anyone could pull off the joker after ledger. So yeah I guess you were taking those words past face value. It was question directed to you dumbass. And since you wanted to take it further than what I said I guess you do think that you're a psychic.

c. first off the key word you used there was "skill". Being comedic in ironman and running around in a suit is much easier (skill wise) than trying to re-invent a character that someone has played before.

So you can stop talking now. Your stupid replies are getting old as is your logic. Bottom line RDJ should not play the joker. And Brett Ratner damn sure should never come anywhere near anything that has to do with batman.

can you have a disagreement without resorting to insults? if not you lose.

oh and

and...

a. don't paste smile faces in your in your messages, unless you're a little kid, which im going to assume that you are do to your flawless logic.
Sure thing, boss. :csad::whatever::yay::funny:

b. Ok well if you want to technical, what I actually said was, do you really think that anyone could pull off the joker after ledger. So yeah I guess you were taking those words past face value. It was question directed to you dumbass. And since you wanted to take it further than what I said I guess you do think that you're a psychic.
Lol, why else would you ask me that question if you didn't believe it yourself? If someone says "do you really think----", chances are that someone thinks the answer is "no".

But hey, feel free to correct me. Clearly I think the answer is "yes". What is yours?

c. first off the key word you used there was "skill". Being comedic in ironman and running around in a suit is much easier (skill wise) than trying to re-invent a character that someone has played before.
And by all accounts, RDJ does have skill. IM was him on autopilot. That's a role he could pull off in his sleep. If you were familiar with RDJ before he recently hit it big, you would know what a tremendous character actor he is, in the same way Ledger was. He's more than qualified.

So you can stop talking now. Your stupid replies are getting old as is your logic. Bottom line RDJ should not play the joker. And Brett Ratner damn sure should never come anywhere near anything that has to do with batman.
Ok, but what do you think about a Ratner-directed Joker film starring RDJ? :huh:

Robert Downey Jr. for The Joker? What the ****? :dry:

I think its time for Brett Ratner to retire and find a new profession. And it should be done before he ruins "God of War".

Brett Ratner has a discotheque inside of his mansion. Brett knows how to live.:woot:
Ratner is certainly not a great director but not the worst either, not everybody can be a Nolan, we gotta have some Ratners too so we can appreciate the Nolans even more.

Last edited:
And on a side note to all the stupid asses out there who thought they were clever posting smiley faces. **** YOU PEOPLE!!! Your lives make sad.

:csad: I'm sad my life makes you sad...:csad:

guess I will continue living it to keep ya bummed.

nope, I like to bum people like you out by living. It is my job....you...complete...me.:woot:

Actually I do think that somebody can play the joker after ledger. But not RDJ.

I actually was very familiar with RDJ before IronMan and yes I always liked him. He's right for IronMan, not the joker.
Fine. I have a lot of faith in character actors such as RDJ however, so I'm a lot more likely to believe he actually could pull it off. You never really know what they are capable of, until you actually see it in action. As Ledger demonstrated, in creating perhaps the biggest humble pie cinema fans have ever eaten.

I believe I have already answered that in one of my previous posts, but since you seem to need further clarification ill say it again. Brett Ratner directing a Joker film starring RDJ or anybody else, is a horrible tragedy. Ratner should not be allowed to touch anything that is batman related. Forget RDJ for a second, ratner alone has the power to completely destroy the entire franchise. Ratner directing joker HELL NO!!!
I was being factitious.

And on a side note to all the stupid asses out there who thought they were clever posting smiley faces. **** YOU PEOPLE!!! Your lives make me sad.
As you may have gathered, yelling and hurling insults isn't gonna gather a positive reaction. More than likely you'll encounter posters that enjoy pissing you off and take light of the matter....as someone above has shown. :o

a. don't paste smile faces in your in your messages, unless you're a little kid,

Okay, I dunno if I'm the right person to say this. But I don't think someone who's ONLY posted 18 times here has any clout to dictate forum ettiqutte. Just saying.

Oh and btw

:o:whatever::cwink::grin::bh::hehe::brucebat:

Damn, that's a shame. I was hoping you would all do humanity a favor and kill yourselves off.

what a pleasant thought

inviting members of the forum to off themselves?

wow and before you even hit 20 posts.

enjoy your brief stay.

what a pleasant thought

inviting members of the forum to off themselves?

wow and before you even hit 20 posts.

enjoy your brief stay.
deathfromabove...do you want me to go like banner? I know you enjoy my cheeky antics... :grin:

I didn’t realize you could hear yelling through a text response.
That's usually what one gathers from the combination of expletives, caps lock, and exclamation points. Were you trying to convey something else?

He smells of poo-poo!!!! hahahahahahahaha :D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
As opposed to someone who has 144 posts I guess you got me on the experience thing. So tell me, since you seem to have the “clout” here, what should the forum etiquette be?

You don't get it. No I don't have the "clout" (don't know why I even used that word, I had a couple of beers last night) to be making etiquette rules, that's why I said I'm not the right person to say it. 144 isn't enough either.

But it seems like everybody else is giving you the proper pointers, listen to em.

Don't worry about him, I give him a week untill he's banned, maybe less if he carries on the way he is.

That's what I hate about having a succesfull movie nowadays. Spinoffs. They are rarely any good and somehow they always end up ruining the character. Besides Nolan's version of the Joker works better IMO without a clear origin.

I still think a good spin-off about Joker could be made. Not in canon with Nolans world, more like a one shot comic but in film form. I would love to see a really surreal, trippy, nightmarish Joker film, not realistic like Nolans Bat-films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"