The Dark Knight Rises How long before the fan community turns on the Nolan films?

DACrowe

Avenger
Reaction score
Now, I'm not naming names, but I'm already seeing a disgruntled blowback on TDKR that is starting to extend to the whole trilogy. Despite being almost universally beloved on this boards in 2005 and 2008, fans are starting to taste change in the air and the possibility for something new....

Now, we've seen it happen time and again. When the new comes along, fans not only turn on the old, a majority at some point comes to the consensus they NEVER liked the old toys and always hated them. We saw this with Burton when Nolan came along. We saw this with Raimi when Webb came along. We saw this with Singer when Vaughn came along. And if you just scroll down to the Superman boards you can see it right now starting to trinkle out with Donner now that Snyder/Nolan have come along.

So, I'll be optimistic and say that it won't be a majority until the week of a reboot and/or JL film, but there will be a plurality of discontent by the trailer. And yet the cynic in me says soon as there is an announcement or poster the bandwagon will begin. :awesome:

So let the voting begin.

I see it happening once a reboot is announced. The same thing happened once The Amazing Spider-Man was announced.

It'll be a sad day.

It's been slowly building since the success of The Dark Knight. That's fine. These will always be my live-action Bat-flicks.

Watch WB hire somebody like Louis Leterrier for the reboot. Before you protest - it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

The moment they announce the new director or the shortlist. :(

Considering not everyone loves the Nolan films, it's not going to be a turn against his films, just people drinking the Nolan koolaid will realize not everyone liked his Batman.

I don't see any reason to dislike them. If people dislike the trilogy, they're quite frankly crazy.

It's hands down the best superhero saga made, and for me the best film trilogy made.

The Godfather would take that gong, but it had The Godfather III whilst Star Wars had Ewoks....

Anytime something is wildly popular, contrarians start making waves, regardless of quality. I've already predicted the same thing happening to Avengers by the time the sequel comes out, and got reprimanded for it over there. But it's fine, I've saved posts lol, I'll have my fun eventually...

I can't wait for the 'Nolan never understood the Batman mythology. He's a hack! ______ is going to bring us the Batman movie we've been waiting for decades!' and 'Screw Bale. He was the worse Batman ever. ______ IS Batman!' comments.

:funny:

I can't wait for the 'Nolan never understood the Batman mythology. He's a hack! ______ is going to bring us the Batman movie we've been waiting for decades!' and 'Screw Bale. He was the worse Batman ever. ______ IS Batman!' comments.

I stand by saying he doesn't understand some of Batman's characters, and that Bale's bat-voice is the worst bat-voice ever. :o

You know it! :awesome:

I don't see any reason to dislike them. If people dislike the trilogy, they're quite frankly crazy.

It's hands down the best superhero saga made, and for me the best film trilogy made.

The Godfather would take that gong, but it had The Godfather III whilst Star Wars had Ewoks....

Are you seriously saying people who don't like the trilogy are crazy? Really??????
I, for one, don't like the trilogy at all.

Anytime something is wildly popular, contrarians start making waves, regardless of quality. I've already predicted the same thing happening to Avengers by the time the sequel comes out, and got reprimanded for it over there. But it's fine, I've saved posts lol, I'll have my fun eventually...

Oh, definitely. If Raimi's Spiderman, Donner's Superman, Burton's Batman and Singer's X-Men franchises weren't safe from the ugly turn, then no franchise is safe. Whedon's The Avengers is absolutely gonna receive backlash a decade from now. The sequel is going to garner a more polarizing reaction from fans.

Are you seriously saying people who don't like the trilogy are crazy? Really??????
I, for one, don't like the trilogy at all.

Yup. Deal with it. :) (Obviously not real life crazy, but crazy to the point that you don't recognize how good the films are)

Hmmm... I think the TA backlash will happen at the 3rd one rather than the 2nd one.

Yup. Deal with it. :) (Obviously not real life crazy, but crazy to the point that you don't recognize how good the films are)

No. That's your opinion.
I could go on and say the same thing that people who don't like Avatar are crazy and not recognize how good the movie is (And no, I'm not even fan of the movie).

Everything's an opinion. Unless it's fully concluded fact. Of course, not liking this trilogy comes under that banner. :)

Same way anyone who likes Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man is slightly insane.

Hmmm... I think the TA backlash will happen at the 3rd one rather than the 2nd one.

Could be, but Iron Man 2 caused a small rift among the fanboy community already. So it's likely that if The Avengers doesn't live up to expectations, it'll be panned by a portion of the fanbase.

Guardians of the Galaxy is also coming out.

I really like the movie but Avengers backlash has already begun in small doses.

"It was pretty fun but I dunno if I'm in a big hurry to watch it again."

"It's like one of the Transformers films."

I frequent several forums and outside of Rotten Tomatoes I've yet to see The Avengers beat Rises in a poll... and it's usually dramatically in favour of the latter. The internet is a funny place.

Both movies were exceptional in their own right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"