The Wolverine How long will this go on?

bhayes

Civilian
Reaction score
i mean pretty much FOX has used up all the best x men and wolverine storis and

they've done the weapon x story line, they've showed gambit in orgins, we seen 2 versions of beast, they're changing around the First Class Story line. they atleast did a decent job of doing a more realistic take on the pheonix story. more like a "exorcist" style take on it. but what's left.

they say "days of future past" could be next. but orgins has really tarnished the image of the x men movies IMO. its just bad. if orgins didn't exist or was atleast a OK movie. i would not be mad. but it SUCKED.

i think First Class will help things alittle. but until The Wolverine happens and succeeds, the franchise is really an example of how not to do comic book movies.

we don't know what will with Wolverine in Japan story finding the director and how they will do the movie.

Marvel is doing a better Job with what they have. they are setting up story arcs that will last about the next 10 years. they're creating a situation where there are 4 different possible triliogies with the best talent. and even though it sucks that Terrence Howars and Ed Norton had to bail, they still are doing a great job of maintaining visual continuity despite changing actors.

iron man 2 was a great sequel. it was fun. Avengers will change things forever.

but i keep thinking X-MEN cold have been as great.

FOX had a chance with orgins. Last Stand gets a bad rap, but it was a great film with some very minor flaws but its not like xmen 1 was not perfect either.

but now that Darren is not doing the film what will happen now.

what will happen after the First Class trilogy and whenever The Wolverine shows up?

Last edited:
there's a 99.9% chance that the idiots at Fox don't even know what they are doing with this franchise. as long as they can crap out a mediocre storyline, throw in some well known characters, and add huge action scenes & special effects that is all they need to make some $$$

they will continue to do this in order to not give up their rights to the X-Men franchise and turn it over to Marvel :cmad:

after the disaster that was X3, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and now in a way giving Aronofsky the boot for the new Wolverine film i have a lost all hope for this great franchise. First Class looks decent, but i'm sure there will be major screw ups along the way just by looking back at the rest of these films.

*rant over*

if they can, i think they do an xmen spiderman crossover. The potential for cheesy is high though

X-men 4 and 5.
I would like a reboot of the origin and weapon X stories still set in the Brian Synger x-men movies (that includes first class)

They could adapt the stories with Omega Red, Wendigo or Alpha Flight.

there's a 99.9% chance that the idiots at Fox don't even know what they are doing with this franchise. as long as they can crap out a mediocre storyline, throw in some well known characters, and add huge action scenes & special effects that is all they need to make some $$$

The problem is that the unspectacular box office for First Class and the spectacular box office for Transformers sort of proves your point: the public want simplistic stories with explosions and car chases.

But since they went to the trouble to aim for quality on First Class (by bringing back Singer, for a start), it's clear they want to get things back on track.

they will continue to do this in order to not give up their rights to the X-Men franchise and turn it over to Marvel :cmad:

I very much doubt they will give up X-Men or the other properties (just as Sony won't hand over Spider-Man). It's incredibly naive to think they will just hand back the rights with a wave and a smile.

Not to mention that Marvel would hardly have time to get round to doing anything with those rights. Marvel has its hands full with Thor, Cap, Iron Man, Avengers and can manage a maximum of two films a year.

i think i'm kinda done with all that wolverine...
yes, keep him in the movies, i agree with that!

but not as a major character! we witnessed his origin practically twice (x2 and origins) and we've seen him growing from a guy who beats up people for money (x1) and doesn't really give a ****, to a tutor and a man who kills the woman he loves to save the world!

i'm done with him! that's enough character development, enough claws!

just move on with the rest of the characters in the x-men universe! they worth a shot too!

and btw
i don't want marvel to get the rights to x-men

they got their own continuity and enough films planned

as long as singer is in charge, i've fine with fox

X-men 4 and 5.
I would like a reboot of the origin and weapon X stories still set in the Brian Synger x-men movies (that includes first class)

no reboot, come on!!!!!!i'm tired of wolverine!

he's in every x-men comic book, sometimes for no reason at all

why does he have to be in all the movies too?

why does he deserve a reboot?

he's just another x-man!!!!

Well, Fox did say that they were very happy with X-Men: First Class and Rise of the Planet of the Apes and how they would now focus more on the story

no reboot, come on!!!!!!i'm tired of wolverine!

he's in every x-men comic book, sometimes for no reason at all

why does he have to be in all the movies too?

why does he deserve a reboot?

he's just another x-man!!!!
Calm down, i said that because i saw a lot of film potencial in The Origin.
Now, i'm more interested in the First Class trilogy and X-4 and 5 :oldrazz:

and btw
i don't want marvel to get the rights to x-men

they got their own continuity and enough films planned

as long as singer is in charge, i've fine with fox
icon14.gif

X-Men is a type of franchise that can go on forever!

I think there's a lot that can still be done. They're coming out with a new avengers movie so maybe they'll make some movies with x-men and the marvel universe. Also, gambit's appearance in origins was really limited, and I'd actually be really interested in seeing an X-Men Orgins: Gambit, that is if they make it good.

In his round of Interviews Hugh Jackman has said he doudts X4 will be made,Is open to
another appearance In a First Class sequel,and hinted another Wolverine film could
follow The Wolverine.If that happens I hope they do it as a solo wolverine story set
after the last Stand.which opens up the possibilty of other familary characters could
show up.

I really hope The Wolverine is the last of the character's solo outings.

X4 needs to happen. The timeline shouldn't end with TLS. The First Class series can deal with the initial fallout of mutant awareness (like the Friends of Humanity) and the historical conflicts (Omega Red would work perfectly), then we can return to modern times and go full 'Days Of Future Past'.

It defently seems like fox would rather spend money on First Class sequels than do X4.
I have my doudts another solo Wolverine film will be made after The Wolverine.Once you
do the origin and Japan storyline you have done most of solo Wolverine stories that could serve as Prequels.

What about making X-4 and 5 at the same time as First Class sequels instead of a wolverine 3?
Right now the x-men franchise consists of 3 film series:
First Class, the main trilogy and the wolverine film series, with Deadpool possibly begining another.
Count it as different film series set in the same universe and you can be successful.

But,It seems like they want to focus on doing Sequels to X-Men first Class besides
The Wolverine and Deadpool.

And so? They're focusing on making them alongside the First Class sequels, that's exactly what i said, that i would like to see them making X-4 and 5, The Wolverine, Ending the First Class Trilogy, Deadpool and possibly making another trilogy that takes place in the 70s, 80s or 90s

I wonder what will happen with Bryan Singer after he's done with Jack the Giant Killer. Will he direct an X-Men film again or just remain a producer?

That Is good question.He will almost certenly continue to produce the First Class sequels
and help devolp the story.Reports say If X4 were to happen he would almost certainly
be director.The problem Is Fox would rather spend money on first Class sequels than
a X4.Now if for some reason matthew vaughn wouldn't return or If Vaughn does sequel
and doesn't return for third film then he Is obvious choice to take over.Another possibilty
Is If Fox wants one last Wolverine solo film after The wolverine they might go to him to devolp and do it.

After Jack The Ginat Killer he Is attacked to remakes of Battlestar Galactica(More like
the original series than the reimaged version) and excalibur.However both projects haven't gotten very much.Neither has a writer yet.It's rumored he wants more time to
pass from the reimaged Galactica before doing his remake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"