How Many Of You Actually Use File Sharing Sites

The-Dark-Knight

Superhero
Reaction score
Following Noir getting a letter from com cast because 'noir loves him some David Lynch' i was wondering how many of you use file sharing, torrents and the like? And does Noirs letter actually make you afraid to do it in the future? If you do use it what do you download, and how much?

Meh, not usually. If I go to the movies and see a really good movie, I'll find it on the web and watch it from that website, I don't download it usually.

Yeah, and when I admit this, suddenly I'm going to get a letter in the next week similar to Noir. I'm on to you, pal. :cmad:

I've never used file sharing websites, too confusing/waste of time.

I did in the past, but that's how I royally screwed up my computer in the first palce, so I now stay clear of all P2P programs

I just buy the dvd..

...but I did used them once, just this weekend actually. I couldn't find Wheels on Meals on DVD so I downloaded it. In it original Cantonese version with english subs..so bonus.:up:

I just buy the dvd..

...but I did used them once, just this weekend actually. I couldn't find Wheels on Meals on DVD so I downloaded it. In it original Cantonese version with english subs..so bonus.:up:

If i dont buy the DVD andwant to watch something i never caught at the cinema i used to use my local video shop, but so often they had scratches, so the other night i watched the heartbreak kid on a streaming website.

It was crap and to think this was from the guys who made Dumb and Dumber.

Not for movies, no. I can only watch movies on the big screen... or on my LCD. :hehe:

Usually I do it occasionally for music when I'm not able to get the album at the moment. But I usually go out and buy it another time.

It really depends on what I'm looking for. I save my file sharing for rare and hard to find things that I won't be able to purchase anywhere. :woot:

I only rarely use them now to get a song here and there that's not on any easily bought cd. A lot of rap songs are on obscure and random mixtapes, It's just too hard to find.

Admiral-Ackbar-trap.jpg

Downloading movies is so stupid since their always in bad quality. I just buy the DVD when it comes out for go see it if it's really good. And I use rhapsody for music.

I only use P2P when I want to try and find a remix or a song I know I won't be able to find on the regular internetz. Movies are a definite no no, I tired of that game about 4-6 years ago. But when I did it was through IRC and newsgroups. But watching crap movies with crap sound on a decent home theater system is like eating McDonald's on fine china...why do it?

I use torrents quite a bit. Mostly wrestling shows from a private tracker. I don't dl movies at all and I almost NEVER use public trackers or p2p software (like kazaa and such). Every once in awhile I'll dl an album or 2 also. Mostly old punk and hardcore stuff on independant labels. Stuff that's either impossible or close to impossible to get an actual copy of without forking out a hefty sum on ebay, it's extremely rare that what I'm looking for is even on a major label.

Downloading movies is so stupid since their always in bad quality. I just buy the DVD when it comes out for go see it if it's really good. And I use rhapsody for music.

You can get DVD quality releases of movies in THEATHER right now from torrents, private sites, etc. You could probably get movies like There Will Be Blood DVD quality if you wanted to right now. Not that I know how, but you can do that.

Used too, back in the day, for music. No longer do so.

Also there is no such thing as private p2p, outside of a LAN or VPN setup.

I meant private torrent sites, one in which you need an invite to gain acesss to. P2P is ****.

I meant private torrent sites, one in which you need an invite to gain acesss to. P2P is ****.

well even that is open to ISP packet inspection, hence Noir's dilemma.

What, he's getting fined or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"