Sequels how many people think there actually will be an X4?

JeanGrey12

Civilian
Reaction score
At first I was like of course there will be an X4 for sure. now, im not so sure. after making wolverine and magneto...who knows. i wish they would make an X4 tho.

i also thought at first they would bring back scott and jean too. had x4 been the next x-project instead of wolverine, i think in some way shape or form they would have brought back at least one of them. but when you really think about it, it will be at least 3-4 years before they would start on X4 (assuming they even made one). so when you think about it i actually wouldnt be surprised if they never brought the back either.

I know there will be an X4, Hollywood always makes sequels off of movies, even when you never expect it!!! Uhhhh, The Butterfly Effect 2 is coming out for god sakes, LOL!!!

RagingTempest said:
I know there will be an X4, Hollywood always makes sequels off of movies, even when you never expect it!!! Uhhhh, The Butterfly Effect 2 is coming out for god sakes, LOL!!!

wow. now thats just bad lol (BE 2)

If I remember correctly, in the commentary Avi said that THIS group is done. But, it is possible to have a sequel with a different group.

Might have the other heroes involved. But, seems more like it was just the final of this specific group- not the X-Men.

Maybe:
- Beast (new)
- Storm (original)
- Wolverine (original)
- Ice Man (new/original)
- ?
- ?

X3 really started a new group anyways, Cyc and Gray died. So, you'd add two more... possibly finally Gambit- and Jubilee?

with the dvd making a slaughtering, id say the chance of x4 are not if but when. I also think this particular cast of characters will hold. I think as long as singer isnt invovled in X4 ull see Halle back, hugh can be lsited as a producer or some bs and act and make his money, supposedly james marsden would keep doing x men movies for free. I think Famke likes doing xmen as well. Rebeeca Romijn should be done we dont need mystique back. Also maybe leave out mags for a movie. I think maybe 3 or 4 might not return, but id say most of the main palyers would stay apart of the series even in reduced capacities (wait halle and hugh in reduced roles? now i am dreaming)

:woot:

Even though the DVD is doing extremely well. I'm still not holding my breath on X4. And even more so..I'm not holding my breath for an X4 with all the cast back.

After the crapfest that was X3, I pray there WON'T be an X4.

Cyclops said:
After the crapfest that was X3, I pray there WON'T be an X4.

You never know, if the script is very good, The right director and cast still enjoy their roles, there will be an X4!!!:woot:

I think there will be an X4. Professor Xavier came back in the end of X3, and Jean will probably be back using the 'rise of the phoenix' concept.

I believe the chance of an X4 is dependent on how other projects do at the box office. Marvel has, what, about a thousand other properties on the front burners right now, and it all depends on how they perform. If they crash and burn, then there might be a chance that they will return to a property that worked at the box office, or they may just cease making comic book films all together as the public will have had their fill of them.

There may be another X-film somewhere down the line, but on a much smaller scale, with newer and fewer characters, possibly carrying on and influenced by the events in these three films.

If the DVD makes a lot of money and if the Magneto and Wolverine spin-offs are successful, perhaps.

But I think maybe FOX is getting a little bored of this franchise, and it might decide that 3 movies and 2 spin-offs are enough. At least for the immediate future.

X4 would be very cool.Things that would make it rule:

-No Wolverine

-No Storm

-Colossus as a main character with major dialogue/action scenes.

-Iceman as a major character,seeing alot more iced up Iceman,the ice-slide.

-Angel as a new member of the team,seeing him in action scenes,more dialogue.

-Rogue actually using her powers to fight.(absorbing teammates/enemies powers to fight)

-Sentinels actually seen,and X-Men fighting them,Sentinels seen fighting other mutants.

-Beast is an awesome replacement of the professor,plus seeing him in more action scenes would be awesome.

-A new villain finally,no Magneto.(Apocalypse)Even Gambit can be introduced as one of the villains,one of Apocalypse's horsemen who ends up turning good at the end of the movie.

-Rogue could even be a horsemen where Gambit and her start a realationship together during it.Rogue could use all of the X-Men's powers against them,plus use her horsemen teammates powers as well.

-Angel could be a horsemen,and become Archangel.

-And Juggernaut could be the fourth horsemen.We could finally see the Juggernaut vs Colossus fight)

-Multiple Man could be a new member of the X-Men,and with a bigger role.

Well, considering the worldwide movie's success, it is reasonable to think there will be an X4. I also think we will have to wait some years: probably they'll change part of the cast, so tehy'll need the audience to forget about the old one.

GoldGoblin said:
X4 would be very cool.Things that would make it rule:

-No Wolverine

-No Storm

-Colossus as a main character with major dialogue/action scenes.

-Iceman as a major character,seeing alot more iced up Iceman,the ice-slide.

-Angel as a new member of the team,seeing him in action scenes,more dialogue.

-Rogue actually using her powers to fight.(absorbing teammates/enemies powers to fight)

-Sentinels actually seen,and X-Men fighting them,Sentinels seen fighting other mutants.

-Beast is an awesome replacement of the professor,plus seeing him in more action scenes would be awesome.

-A new villain finally,no Magneto.(Apocalypse)Even Gambit can be introduced as one of the villains,one of Apocalypse's horsemen who ends up turning good at the end of the movie.

-Rogue could even be a horsemen where Gambit and her start a realationship together during it.Rogue could use all of the X-Men's powers against them,plus use her horsemen teammates powers as well.

-Angel could be a horsemen,and become Archangel.

-And Juggernaut could be the fourth horsemen.We could finally see the Juggernaut vs Colossus fight)

-Multiple Man could be a new member of the X-Men,and with a bigger role.
Sorry for me (who is a massive fan of the comics) and the main audience away from the comic book fans would not see an X4 without no Storm, no Wolverine, no Jean, no Cyclops. And seeing as two of them are already dead. Take Storm and Wolvie out and you got a flop with the general audience. :o

JustABill said:
Sorry for me (who is a massive fan of the comics) and the main audience away from the comic book fans would not see an X4 without no Storm, no Wolverine, no Jean, no Cyclops. And seeing as two of them are already dead. Take Storm and Wolvie out and you got a flop with the general audience. :o

^Moviegoers have gotten sick of Wolverine and Storm,because the way they have took over all the scenes in the movies.Moviegoers wanted to see more of the other mutants,and without Wolverine and Storm,they would get just that.

GoldGoblin said:
^Moviegoers have gotten sick of Wolverine and Storm,because the way they have took over all the scenes in the movies.Moviegoers wanted to see more of the other mutants,and without Wolverine and Storm,they would get just that.
No. On the contrary, I've asked quite a few friends who know next to nothing about the comics, that say ''Without Jean, Storm, Cyclops or Wolverine. I would not see an X-Men film."

The X-Men films as they have been built just don't work without those 4. :o

GoldGoblin said:
As far as i know, Wolverine and Storm are untouchable characters. Most people i have asked said thy love Storm and Logan. I think they can live without Jean and Cyclops, but Wolverine and Storm are the faces of the franchise. I'd like an X4 without Logan and Jean, but having Storm and Cyclops. Maybe it could hold itself.

What i mean is: if FOX is intelligent enough, the fourth movie has to make sure to become an endless series, like 007 or other movies where, no matter who plays the characters and which characters are, the X-men logo should bring lots to the cinemas. So I think starting with Halle but then make Storm not essential in the end of X4, same with Cyclops, thus leaving way for other characters.

You can have an X4 with Storm, Wolverine, and Cyclops with the rest of the characters getting equal attention and character development. It just depends on the director and writers!! I know I would like to see more from Colossus then just smashing heads and metalling up!

if wolverine does really well, dont expect an x4, expect a wolverine 2. I think the X movies are done, but the characters are not. Im sure plenty of X-men will appear in wolverine and magneto don't worry.

kooguy911 said:
if wolverine does really well, dont expect an x4, expect a wolverine 2. I think the X movies are done, but the characters are not. Im sure plenty of X-men will appear in wolverine and magneto don't worry.

^But what would happen if it bombed big time?

GoldGoblin said:

many comicbook fans and some serious movie goers have gotten sick of wolverine and storm. the general movie audience and some serious moviegoers do not hate either of them. many even like them. i think taking out both of them and jean and scott...idk. doesnt seem right. personally i like most major characters in the storyline because they contribute something to it for me.

GoldGoblin said:

and a lot of people i know love wolverine. one time when i went with a bunch of people who never saw an x-movie before X3. they all noticed wolverine and jean the most...not storm. one girl said she didnt take much notice to storm until she watched the first and second (go figure). i think people here confuse the general opinions of a board of a lot comic book fans with the whole world.

maybe my opinions are different because i met x-men through the movies not comics. ive only read a few comics and brushed up on the general history on websites and through friends. im more attached to the movies and more flexible with the plot line than say a die hard comic fan who has been reading them since they were 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"