Sequels how many people think there actually will be an X4?

God, i pray for Professor to be dead. Xavier can't live without his wheelchair :( let him rest in peace!

too bad, he might live without his wheelchair....unless they do something about it....

HughJackFan420 said:
ummmmmmmmm....wasn't there an article ( i wish i knew where it was) where that Donner lady said they are in talks about all that needs to be done is discussing the financial part of it as well as the negotiations with the original cast.

Yes that is true........that's all they need, and a good plot...

otrock said:
Yes, and no. I think that there will be a fourth X-men movie, but I think it will start going in a different direction. Something like "X-men: A New Beginning". They left X3 open for a sequel, but I am not so sure they will keep that story line

:o You seem to forget that they need to keep that stroy line for the sake of continuity. there are a lot of plotholes:

- Xavier
-Scott disapear(supposely died, but still in the air)
-Jean, the Phoenix( didn't gave so much explanation, and they never show the firebird)
- Angel didn't have enough character development.
-Rogue did'nt have action scenes
-No Nightcrawler

And there's a long list of what they need to explain an fix in order to go to a new storyline....

They could also do an X-Factor spin-off, featuring an all-new cast of mutants with maybe a few of the X-Men from the previous films. Cable, Havoc, and Grizzly could all be major characters in the film, while it'd probably be safe to bring in X-Men characters who have crossed over in the comics as well (Gambit, Bishop...?) I don't know...just a thought.

i hope theres another xmen but i think it should be a restart.

flavio_lebeau said:
God, i pray for Professor to be dead. Xavier can't live without his wheelchair :( let him rest in peace!

Currently in Uncanny Xavier has use of his legs but has lost his telepathy. It's presented a rather interesting development for him, showing the lengths he's willing to go to having lost his powers.

It would be interesting to see X4 do something like that with Xavier.

An X4 following on from X3 could be done.

Undoing any of the final events of X3 needs to be done gradually and carefully.

Fans appear to want
1) Rogue to get her powers back, and perhaps greater powers
2) Cyclops to be alive
3) Jean to come back
4) Mystique to get her powers back
5) Magneto to get his powers back
6) Xavier returning

In my view, 4 is not important for now (we've seen lots of Mystique in the previous movies) and 5 is not important right now as we need a new villain for a change. Magneto can be repowered in an X5.

Similarly, 3 is treading on dangerous ground. Not impossible, but a bit much for an X4.

I'd say that Cyclops being found alive and Rogue's power returning are the best options for an X4 that stays with the movie continuity.

Xavier's return is difficult... I have an idea for this, and it would happen alongside Rogue's powers returning (but not connected).

X-Maniac said:
Xavier's return is difficult... I have an idea for this, and it would happen alongside Rogue's powers returning (but not connected).
he trasported his mind, in to the body to his twin borther, so, they have his return already set up
lol

Spider-Fan83 said:
he trasported his mind, in to the body to his twin borther, so, they have his return already set up
lol

Yes, but to have him just stroll back into the mansion when there was a funeral service for him... It would make more sense for him to stay in hiding for a while.

Also, his twin had 'no higher level brain functions' which sounds like a twin without the x-gene mutation. Is it possible to have an identical twin which is not totally identical????

X-Maniac said:
An X4 following on from X3 could be done.

Undoing any of the final events of X3 needs to be done gradually and carefully.

Fans appear to want
1) Rogue to get her powers back, and perhaps greater powers
2) Cyclops to be alive
3) Jean to come back
4) Mystique to get her powers back
5) Magneto to get his powers back
6) Xavier returning

In my view, 4 is not important for now (we've seen lots of Mystique in the previous movies) and 5 is not important right now as we need a new villain for a change. Magneto can be repowered in an X5.

Similarly, 3 is treading on dangerous ground. Not impossible, but a bit much for an X4.

I'd say that Cyclops being found alive and Rogue's power returning are the best options for an X4 that stays with the movie continuity.

i wholeheartedly agree with your post. I'm all for Cyclops back and Rogue powered again (no need for superstrengh and flight). Although i love Jean, Mystique, Magneto and Professor, they are not essential to the movies anymore. Professor being gone would leave room for both Storm and Cyclops to work as co-leaders.

X-Maniac said:
Yes, but to have him just stroll back into the mansion when there was a funeral service for him... It would make more sense for him to stay in hiding for a while.

Also, his twin had 'no higher level brain functions' which sounds like a twin without the x-gene mutation. Is it possible to have an identical twin which is not totally identical????
what does having no brain functions, have to do with the x gene
if a mutant was born brain dead, he's still be a mutant, (if his power where the same as the Professors, and he was born brain dead he wouldn't be able to use his power, that doesn't mean he didn't have them.
anyway, I am not saying he would have all his powers, just that, there would be someone that kinda looks like him (who can most likely walk) who would have his mind, and talk (and sound) like him

what happens to twin mutants anyway, do they have the same power usually, are they any twin mutants in the x-world, (I can't think of any off the top of my head) would it be possible for them to have two different powers, maybe he well have a new power :whatever:

Spider-Fan83 said:
what does having no brain functions, have to do with the x gene
if a mutant was born brain dead, he's still be a mutant, (if his power where the same as the Professors, and he was born brain dead he wouldn't be able to use his power, that doesn't mean he didn't have them.
anyway, I am not saying he would have all his powers, just that, there would be someone that kinda looks like him (who can most likely walk) who would have his mind, and talk (and sound) like him

what happens to twin mutants anyway, do they have the same power usually, are they any twin mutants in the x-world, (I can't think of any off the top of my head) would it be possible for them to have two different powers, maybe he well have a new power :whatever:

I see.. well, I'm not sure, I'd have to research it.

I think you're right though that he could have the same genetic structure, but be born brain-dead.

I hope they don't go down the route of 'evil Xavier' (Onslaught)...

Best if he stays in hiding for a while (the next movie), gets used to his new body and starts practising his psychic powers again. We could see a scene with him near the end...

jesus, how can a twin born brain dead grow up and become an adult, and then a senile? He should be a baby. Also, Xavier and Moira would be too cruel to let a twin live, brain dead, for so many years. God, that's just bad storytelling.

Well they need to sort out the mess that was X3, and also it's such a popular bunch of characters, that people will flcok to see it anyway, so I think whether it's for love of X-men, or love of money, X4 is on the cards...

At this point, I don't know if there will be an X-Men 4. I'm sure there will be more ensemble films in the future, but for now, I'm just going to sit back and see how the spin-offs go.

i can see a completley differnt take on the xmen world being made so back to x1 but different starting point not stupid make humans mutants thing

when you mean reboot do you mean like Batman Begins because i felt the problem with that was you can't use characters from later on like the riddler mr freeze poison ivy and Robin.the same with this you start with a prequel then youre unable to use the most popular characters wolverine, rogue, iceman,kitty and collossus.
or do you mean a complete reimagining regardless of past film continuity?

Not for a while but I'm sure it will happen sooner or later, with or without the same cast.

I hoped for an X4 once upon a time but after seeing X3, no thanks. Give the franchise a rest, we don't need another Batman and Robin

I think that there is a way to have an X4, and not have to worry too much about the things that happened in TLS. I have seen this done before, but what if they came back and said that everything that happened in TLS was just a dream? I know it sounds gay, but give it a shot. Cyclops and Xavier wouldn't have been killed, and they could still bring in the Pheonix saga. I realize that is post will most likely crash down to earth faster than a concrete glider, but it is worth some thought.

Yes, an X4 is surely going to happen.
1. the X-Men movies are too popular to leave (even if they make several spinoffs it isn't an actual x-men movie)
2. there were a few small cliffies in x3 and they are enough to spawn a movie off of
3. if they revive the characters they killed off, more villians are possible
4. there are so many events that happen in the comicverse that they have no excuse of "There is no possible story"
5. FOX will always turn to the X movies for the cash
nuff said :D

I still have a feeling the wolverine movie will be a "snakes on a plane": let down. And imo, if this happens, it increases the chance of an X4. If one movie with the whole team makes an absurd bunch of money, and a movie with only Logan doesn't make money, it's a simple equation, that could be answered even by my two year old cousin: bring the team back.

I think we will see more from the x-men franchise before it gets old that is... We will see probably an X-Men 4 but they will end it with an ending open for a sequil but if everything goes titz up they can say thats the last one.

They will make X-4, but the glory days of X-men are definetly over.

X-3 sucked monkey balls, killing off most of the senior X-men team.
Our final battle only had 2 veteran team members (3 if you include Beast who was a newcomer) Storm and Logan. Like wtf, what happened to the rest of the team? Kitty pride? Bobby? Rogue wasn't even in it. Sorry excuse for a final battle.

2 Veteran members of the team remained at the end of X-3? What??? Why?? It doesn't make the least bit of sense to me. Logan is the outcast, he's the loner of the group, yet he becomes the leader and paternal figure of the team? NO!!!!

I hate you X-3, I really, really Hate you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"