Sequels how many people think there actually will be an X4?

As long as Hollywood makes money from the X-Men films and spin off films they will want to milk that cow for every dime they can get. Their will be an X4.

Lobster Charlie said:
I think this series is a mess. I'd rather see them take this thing in a completely different direction.

It never felt big enough to be an X-Men movie. It nevery had enough style to really set it apart from something you may see as a made-for-tv (cable) film. No seriously dynamic shots, boring costuming, and apart from Wolverine/Magneto/Professor X, you really have a bunch of bland actors without a whole lot to do.

If they make an X4, they're basically working with broken tools at this point. The "Singer Style," which is really no style at all, if they decide to stick with it, has pigeon-holed them into blandness. You're also stuck with a bunch of characters that don't really do anything.

Storm was miscast, Iceman has no character arc, Rogue has been useless for about 2 entire films, Cyclops was a waste, Wolverine isn't even Wolverine anymore, Jean Grey (zzz), Angel is completely useless, Nightcrawler is nothing like he was in the comics....I mean, as far as I'm concerned, this thing needs to be rebooted completely, and they could easily do that in the 4th film.

If we get an X4, I pray to God they give it a good shot of adrenaline, a brand new team of writers and a director with style and charisma that doesn't happily neuter his alpha male characters.

Well said.

Everything you said is blatantly obvious, yet there are actually people who consider the X-films to be a perfect representation of the comics.

I believe they will have one after Wolverine. IDK what it will entail but I lookin forward to it.

there HAS to be an x4, and i'm seriously hoping they find a way to bring everyone back, and i mean EVERYone, maybe not immediately, but at some stage i wanna see everyone reunited, even the dead ones, and especially jean, no way should we have seen the last of her, she should definitely be redeemed, no way should she just die a hellish psychopath and then just leave it at that, that might be the way things work in the real world but we all know what the x-men comics are like

Nope.X3 ran the franchanise into a dead end....i see no sequels from what happened in X3....Reboot mostly

Nope. It will be spinoffs from now on for a while.

My prediction is that they'll strike while the iron is hot and have an X4.

My second guess is that they'll start all over with an X-Men 1 with an all new cast and storyline 10 years from now, sort-of like Batman. But with the Batman franchise, it toppled due to a pair of really bad films back-to-back, and it ended up dying due to this.

With X3, it got a (relatively) cool reception as far as reviews go, so they know they'd better make an outstanding film, as the following film usually suffers the worst. Remember with Batman 3, it got awful reviews, yet it did well in the box office due to the credibility of the second film.

So if they decide to do an X4, it had better be AMAZING, otherwise the saga will likely end. We still have a few more films befire the main cast gets too old, although I wouldn't mind the cast aging naturally.

I really think X4 will be better than X3. With Gambit and Emma, I think they'll have some interesting plots and less big as the Phoenix saga, that as all know, they weren't abble to make it justice. So a less ambicious plot will be the best for an X4. And in mu opinion, should be like X1, less action, and more drama. that would be the best for a good sequel, specially after X3.

maybe, but you've lost the three leading characters... phoenix, cyclops, and you can't get hugh jackman back as wolverine cause of his run off, so the characters everyone was pulling for to win every battle are killed off (or making another movie at the time)

New bad guys like "Apocalypse" and "Mr. Sinister would be very nice for X4.

Apocalypse is so big for the next sequel, in my opinion. It would happen like X3. Fox seems to be unabble to make justice to big sagas, so a more "simple" plot would be the best for X4, something like Batman Begins, less big action, and more drama. If you really want a good film, that would be the best.

Apocalypse is so big for the next sequel, in my opinion. It would happen like X3. Fox seems to be unabble to make justice to big sagas, so a more "simple" plot would be the best for X4, something like Batman Begins, less big action, and more drama. If you really want a good film, that would be the best.

Well i think the rpoblem is not with fox but with the directers. :hyper:

Writers and execs, too.

No one could've turned X3 into a masterpiece with that script.

That's true, but the question would be why was that way? I think all was because Fox and their politics, like Logan as the main star, Cyclops little screentime, Jean as one of the main roles, but not the most, like should have been in X3, budget restrictions, film running time, etc, etc, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"