Sequels how many people think there actually will be an X4?

Only way I'd see an X4 is if it's away from Fox, has Bryan Singer, Peter Jackson, or Ridley Scott at the helm, and starts fresh with some of the original cast members and adapts the Apocalypse/Mr. Sinister storyline.

Cyclops can come back since his death is never shown and Marsden said himself it's written for him to come back.

Cyclops
Beast
Rogue
Gambit
Colossus
Angel
Iceman
Kitty
Bishop

I think with that particular line-up you can create a great story and can establish some emotional traumatic events, as well as adding a great epic battle in New York City or even in Washington DC.

Seeing some of the cut scenes from X-Men Legends II: Rise of the Apocalypse make it perfect to put in movie form.

LastSunrise1981 said:
Only way I'd see an X4 is if it's away from Fox, has Bryan Singer, Peter Jackson, or Ridley Scott at the helm, and starts fresh with some of the original cast members and adapts the Apocalypse/Mr. Sinister storyline.

Cyclops can come back since his death is never shown and Marsden said himself it's written for him to come back.

Cyclops
Beast
Rogue
Gambit
Colossus
Angel
Iceman
Kitty
Bishop

I think with that particular line-up you can create a great story and can establish some emotional traumatic events, as well as adding a great epic battle in New York City or even in Washington DC.

Seeing some of the cut scenes from X-Men Legends II: Rise of the Apocalypse make it perfect to put in movie form.

For once, I agree with some of your ideas, for the most part.

I'd also add in a small-ish role for Storm, perhaps as Bishop's love interest. We've seen enough fog and lightning from Storm, but we haven't yet seen/heard an origin and seen her doing something more normal like watering her garden.

I'd also have Cyclops' return shown at the end of X4. He wouldn't return straight away, it would seem too forced.

I'd have Beast in a political or scientific role, maybe still with the UN, but not as an X-Men member fighting in battles.

X4 would be Hellfire Club, leading to Apocalypse/Sentinels/Genosha in X5/X6. That's how I'd do it.

I don't remember voting on this poll... but I did. Weird.

happens to me all the time- usually at the superman forums- usually because i don't really care

Yes, I'm pretty sure there will be. The X-Men film saga made more and more money with each film.

FOX can't resist the temptation to give it another try - even if they have to find an all-new cast.

As far as I'm concerned: TLS was a coffin nail.

I don't even want to see another X-Men movie unless it's a complete reload - they ruined too much.

Bishop goes back in time and saves cyclops, jean, and prof x.
Apocolypse for the villian.

Silvermoth said:
I hoped for an X4 once upon a time but after seeing X3, no thanks. Give the franchise a rest, we don't need another Batman and Robin
Yes seems come people are very optimistic about X-men having sequels after sequels....i bet after X4 they'll want another.....this franchise was build to set up wolverine and let fox take care of him.....half the fans hated X3 and X4 they are gonna do much worse

I don't think they will be an X4....I don't see how people see things left open for sequels in x3.....everything ended sloppy and was intended just to end the franchise and lead into wolverine movie........

Cyclops not dead...come on now!!!!......stop trying to make excuses people....just let it go...he's never gonna get no justice on screen if theirs wolverine.....

i very pessimistic for X4......this franchise is over and done with and will be remade in years to come or never be remade at all or maybe 10 years from now.....

Maybe we should all pray for a cartoon!!!...oh wait guess who's getting his own cartoon and movie...yup they guys everyone made so popular watching the movies....wolverine's takin off into his own career and the x-men are going no where in the media anymore!!!........

Mike059jig said:
Yes seems come people are very optimistic about X-men having sequels after sequels....i bet after X4 they'll want another.....this franchise was build to set up wolverine and let fox take care of him.....half the fans hated X3 and X4 they are gonna do much worse

I don't think they will be an X4....I don't see how people see things left open for sequels in x3.....everything ended sloppy and was intended just to end the franchise and lead into wolverine movie........

Cyclops not dead...come on now!!!!......stop trying to make excuses people....just let it go...he's never gonna get no justice on screen if theirs wolverine.....

i very pessimistic for X4......this franchise is over and done with and will be remade in years to come or never be remade at all or maybe 10 years from now.....

Maybe we should all pray for a cartoon!!!...oh wait guess who's getting his own cartoon and movie...yup they guys everyone made so popular watching the movies....wolverine's takin off into his own career and the x-men are going no where in the media anymore!!!........

It's called a cliffhanger. Marsden himself said they left it open for him to return for a reason. That's why people are saying get X-Men away from Fox, keep Ratner, Penn, and Kinberg away from the product as well.

I think if X-Men has Sony or LGF backing them it would be a lot better in the long run.

LastSunrise1981 said:
It's called a cliffhanger. Marsden himself said they left it open for him to return for a reason. That's why people are saying get X-Men away from Fox, keep Ratner, Penn, and Kinberg away from the product as well.

I think if X-Men has Sony or LGF backing them it would be a lot better in the long run.
No its not called cliffhanger when you see a grave stone with his name on it......I don't see how thats a cliff hanger....
a cliff hanger would be scenes with Logan or storm that saying that we never found scott body at all...somewhere in the middle of the movie..... or at the end of the movie....still wondering where his body was ....but they had major hints that he was dead and the grave stone was the nail in the coffin......However I have no problem with anyone who's optimistic about the future of an x-men....personally i don't want another movie
I'm not gonna take marsden word on it....they would tell and eager actor anything just to keep him from having a positive mind.... given that he was giving a much smaller role than in the previous movies......and him sayin this as a halle and hugh franchise didn't help much either......

SONY has the comic-juggernaught-powerhouse-blockbuster monster- spider-man on its shoulder.....if sony had it the X-men.....I would be so full of joy.....Marvel keeps paying Zak Penn a whole bunch of money to write their movies....he gonna write alot them.....excpet spider-man....

Mike059jig said:
No its not called cliffhanger when you see a grave stone with his name on it......I don't see how thats a cliff hanger....
a cliff hanger would be scenes with Logan or storm that saying that we never found scott body at all...somewhere in the middle of the movie..... or at the end of the movie....still wondering where his body was ....but they had major hints that he was dead and the grave stone was the nail in the coffin......However I have no problem with anyone who's optimistic about the future of an x-men....personally i don't want another movie
I'm not gonna take marsden word on it....they would tell and eager actor anything just to keep him from having a positive mind.... given that he was giving a much smaller role than in the previous movies......and him sayin this as a halle and hugh franchise didn't help much either......

SONY has the comic-juggernaught-powerhouse-blockbuster monster- spider-man on its shoulder.....if sony had it the X-men.....I would be so full of joy.....Marvel keeps paying Zak Penn a whole bunch of money to write their movies....he gonna write alot them.....excpet spider-man....

Just because a tombstone is there with his name on it doesn't mean he's dead either. His death isn't shown, a body is never found, and it's meant to be that way obviously so he can return for another movie.

Xavier has a tombstone with his name and face on it, but look what happened.

Whether it's a reboot or a sequel, Fox needs to lose the rights to the X-Men and Marvel needs to keep them or let Sony or LGF have them. Oh yeah, keeping Ratner, Penn, and Kinberg far away from the product is a great idea too.

I think there will be one.

Just keep Ratner and Kinberg FAR, FARaway from it. Keep Zak, but only just as he was on X2. His idea for Sentinels in X2 was awesome. No writing though.

I think this series is a mess. I'd rather see them take this thing in a completely different direction.

It never felt big enough to be an X-Men movie. It nevery had enough style to really set it apart from something you may see as a made-for-tv (cable) film. No seriously dynamic shots, boring costuming, and apart from Wolverine/Magneto/Professor X, you really have a bunch of bland actors without a whole lot to do.

If they make an X4, they're basically working with broken tools at this point. The "Singer Style," which is really no style at all, if they decide to stick with it, has pigeon-holed them into blandness. You're also stuck with a bunch of characters that don't really do anything.

Storm was miscast, Iceman has no character arc, Rogue has been useless for about 2 entire films, Cyclops was a waste, Wolverine isn't even Wolverine anymore, Jean Grey (zzz), Angel is completely useless, Nightcrawler is nothing like he was in the comics....I mean, as far as I'm concerned, this thing needs to be rebooted completely, and they could easily do that in the 4th film.

If we get an X4, I pray to God they give it a good shot of adrenaline, a brand new team of writers and a director with style and charisma that doesn't happily neuter his alpha male characters.

I think there'll be an X-4. Fox asked Singer to do it, but he's too busy to. So I think that sounds like it'll happen.

I wouldn't mind a line up of...

Cyclops, Iceman, Beast, Rogue, and of course Xavier's Return.

Have them go up against Apocalypse, or Sinister.

If anything, they'll create an entirely new saga with new characters, and some existing characters (EX: Those whose contracts aren't expired and/or whoever still wants to continue their role.) That's what I think anyway.

Fox ain't losing the rights any time soon... the only hope of a direct sequel is if Wolverine does decent but doesn't really warrant a sequel... then Fox will lose the rights and someone can pick it up... Cyke will be brought back if X4 is made... you can't have an Xmen movie without Storm and Cyclops and Beast and Wolverine (at least having some extended cameos) and hope Iceman can carry the franchise.... if the are making LotR prequels, JP4, Indy 4Terminator 4... I can assure you X4 will be out eventually...

body_crumbles said:
If anything, they'll create an entirely new saga with new characters, and some existing characters (EX: Those whose contracts aren't expired and/or whoever still wants to continue their role.) That's what I think anyway.

i just hope storm, logan stay back, cyclops n prof x come back. new characters introduced shud inclube havoc, gambit. the villains shud be sentinels or apocalypse.

I am tired of people asking for reboots... what if they screw up "Xmen the new beginning" lets get another reboot five years later... and if they screw that one up lets reboot five years after that... lets keep rebooting until they make a 6 part epic LOTR saga that everyone agrees with... MEMO: not everything can be Batman Begins or LotR people...

God I hope not.
Unless they change studios, directors, producers, writers.
Keep the cast, just change everything else.

Hugh Jackman and Famke Janssen have said quite a few times that they are through with the x-men movies hugh said he's doing wolverine but thats it
and famke said she's through with x-men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"