Sequels X4 Theory

N

Ninjashadow

Ok, I just watched X3 and stayed for the "after credits nugget". This is my theory about the possibilty of X4. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

First of all, as mentioned in another thread, I do not think that the cure is permanent. I feel Magneto will regain his powers.
Secondly, we know that Prof X is still around (I assume that Cyclops will probably be back, too, and will be one of the main focuses of X4 since he wasn't around much in 2 and 3).

Ok, so on to my theory. I think that Magneto will take over the X-Men as he did in the comics. Halle Berry has already said (I'm pretty sure) that she will not return. So, the X-Men will need a leader. At first, Magneto feels that Xavier has been right all along. Mags lost his friend and nearly caused the death of everyone because of Jean Grey. However, for whatever reason, when X returns, in whatever form, Magneto leaves the team or reverts to his old feelings. I think that the Sentinels will be in X4 and the X-Men will need Magneto's help. One last thing, I think Mystique will be back and will reunite with Mags when she finds out that he had lost his powers, too.

Ok, so what do y'all think? Am I way off or could there be some truth to my theory?

--Ninjashadow ("I Lurk in the Shadows")

stryfe said:

If the movie gets a lot in the box office we could expect a 4th installment and I got that from wikipedia. And so far it beated easily da vinci code in the weekend in which a lot said that it wouldn't. THey also say that because that is the reason they make that scene of magneto and the last scene of professor.

Companies will make movies as long as they make money. If they can get cast to return, they'll make another movie.

Sorry but I definitely think you're way off. I'm sure Halle said she wouldn't return because she could smell the crap while it was still baking on the sidewalk.

sonicphoto said:
If the movie gets a lot in the box office we could expect a 4th installment and I got that from wikipedia. And so far it beated easily da vinci code in the weekend in which a lot said that it wouldn't. THey also say that because that is the reason they make that scene of magneto and the last scene of professor.

Agreed. I really doubt that they would end the movie with slight cliffhangers and then not make another movie. That's just not done. If there's money to be made (and there most definately is) then we can expect another movie.

borinquenknight said:
Sorry but I definitely think you're way off. I'm sure Halle said she wouldn't return because she could smell the crap while it was still baking on the sidewalk.

I very well could be. But my theory does fit with what we know of the end of the movie, does it not?

Ninjashadow said:
I very well could be. But my theory does fit with what we know of the end of the movie, does it not?

I suppose they could write whatever they want. Especially since it has occurred in the comics. But it would be a far stretch i the films. Only time will tell. Fair enough.

borinquenknight said:
I suppose they could write whatever they want. Especially since it has occurred in the comics. But it would be a far stretch i the films. Only time will tell. Fair enough.

Yes, it certainly would be a far stretch.

But Magneto did help the X-Men out in X2. It was self-serving I suppose, but...

Why did they say X3 would be the last one anyways, what was their reasoning for it? I can't seem to find many interviews to find out anything...

That's a good question. Usually a $107 million opening weekend would guarantee a sequel.

The idea of Magneto leading the X-Men is a very interesting one, But it only happened in the comics cause, Prof X's son traveled back in time and atempted to kill Magneto from the past, Prof X jumps in to save his life and he ends up getting killed, That formed an alternate timeline where Magneto founded the X-Men in honor of Charles Xavier.

borinquenknight said:

Try again. She's been saying for the past several weeks on talk shows that she would like to come back for more.

I think they can actually go with an entirely new cast if they wish, it'll just mean this new cast will helm the next trilogy. However, I think they should try to get as many people to return with a few recasts.

Havok shows up to the Mansion looking for answers on his brothers supposed death.

Younger mutants (New Mutants) train in the Danger room, including Jubilee, Cannonball, and Sunspot.

Cyclops is being held captive by Mr. Sinister since the Alkali Lake incident.

Rogues powers start coming back, she accidentally absorbs the powers of flight, super-strength, invulerability. She inadvertantly kills the mutant in the process. She leaves the school once again, eventually meeting Gambit.

Gambit has ties to Mr. Sinister.

Iceman takes on a leadership role.

Kitty and Collossus start to form a relationship.

Finding out that the cure is actually only temporary, the Government starts to develop Sentinels, just in case another Alcatraz incident happens again.

The X-men find out Cyclops might still be alive.

Many mutants start to get there powers back and they are pissed. They ban together and once again attack Washington including Juggernaut, Pyro, Avalnche, Toad and the Blob (which is set up by Mr. Sinister), the Sentinels clean house, one group of X-Men are sent to deal with that.

A second group of X-men search for Cyclops and find him. The X-men fight a group of mutants (The Murauders). They rescue Cyclops but Angel is taken prisoner in the process.

Magneto searches for 2 mutants that might be his children. (Scarlet Witch and QuickSilver)

Mr. Sinister ressurects Apocolypse

This movie would just be the first half to a 2 part movie arc about Apocolypse like Matrix 2 and 3.

Let me guess Halle will ruin some other cast members/characters again by asking for oversized ego a bigger role?

No if I had my choice she would be killed off half way through the movie at the latest. But since Halle is such a greedy b*tch she would have to have the best death in all the X-men movies. Halle's a ****in B*tch just like Storm is.

Arghh, i just say replace her already. Why dont they have the damn balls to tell her the series does not revolve around her alone. The other cast members are to blame too, they should of said something, specialy Marsden!

well thats why she should've died in X3, since she has stated the she wants to start doing "normal" roles again, and that she is pretty much done with comic book movies. The people who wrote the script for X-3 are such dumb *****S

TigerClaw said:
The idea of Magneto leading the X-Men is a very interesting one, But it only happened in the comics cause, Prof X's son traveled back in time and atempted to kill Magneto from the past, Prof X jumps in to save his life and he ends up getting killed, That formed an alternate timeline where Magneto founded the X-Men in honor of Charles Xavier.

Ok, I get the alternate timeline thing, but the movies have been set up in such a way (with Magneto helping the X-Men in X2 while Xavier was captured) and Xavier supposedly dying in X3 that Magneto could feel guilty about letting X die and then (as he realized at the end of X3) that his way nearly killed everyone. He'd only run them because, hopefully, Storm leaves and Xavier is gone.

supermarvelman said:
Havok shows up to the Mansion looking for answers on his brothers supposed death.

Younger mutants (New Mutants) train in the Danger room, including Jubilee, Cannonball, and Sunspot.

Rogues powers start coming back, she accidentally absorbs the powers of flight, super-strength, invulerability. She inadvertantly kills the mutant in the process. She leaves the school once again, eventually meeting Gambit.

Finding out that the cure is actually only temporary, the Government starts to develop Sentinels, just in case another Alcatraz incident happens again.

Many mutants start to get there powers back and they are pissed. They ban together and once again attack Washington including Juggernaut, Pyro, Avalnche, Toad and the Blob (which is set up by Mr. Sinister), the Sentinels clean house, one group of X-Men are sent to deal with that.

A second group of X-men search for Cyclops and find him. The X-men fight a group of mutants (The Murauders). They rescue Cyclops but Angel is taken prisoner in the process.

Magneto searches for 2 mutants that might be his children. (Scarlet Witch and QuickSilver)

This movie would just be the first half to a 2 part movie arc about Apocolypse like Matrix 2 and 3.

This isn't a bad idea, but I think it would be better if they just had the X-Men battling Mr. Sinister and the Sentinels.

Oh, and I like the idea of how the cure doesn't work, so the government then creates the Sentinels.

supermarvelman said:

all is pretty good except i dont see sentinals coming at all and here is why, in the official x-men game u play as iceman, wolverine and nightcrawler. and the events take place between x-2 and x-3 and during it u fight the sentinals and have to destroy master mold who creates the sentinals. this game also explains why nightcrawler is not in x-3.

yea but if another group of mutants or forming to attack washington like X-3 and why wouldn't they use Sentinels even if they where used in the game. the government would wanna make a statement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"