How powerful is Dr. Strange?

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics' started by MajinShenron, May 13, 2006.

1. MajinShenron Registered

I'm sorry but I dont follow Dr. Strange but I know he is pretty powerful. Mind if someone tells me how powerful he is? Thanks.

2. Manic User title? USER TITLE?!

Well, you don't get a title like SORCERER SUPREME if you're on the same level as Ron Weasley or Apprentice Genie Babu.

3. The_Mystery Registered

4. MajinShenron Registered

You guys have no clue how much you didn't help me.

5. Anubis Sup?

You have no clue how vague your question is.

Well, he regularly takes down Dormamu, who is like, one of the highest level demons or whatever. He's beaten Eternity, who is like, the freakin Universe. Crap like that.

6. Manic User title? USER TITLE?!

Seriously, Strange is practically the most powerful trained magic-user on the planet. Very few humans can take him in a magic fight. What do you want us to say?

7. BrianWilly Disciple of Whedon

From wikipedia:

8. jaydawg Registered

And he's a pimp. Never forget that.

Rezardd likes this.
  9. Tropico Crusty, ol' curmudgeon.

Agreed. Since it's a common occurance for people from the DBZ forums to come here and do VS. threads....are you looking to match him with someone from the DBZ universe? That would help in at least determining what kind of information.

10. Anubis Sup?

He'd kick Babidi's ass.

11. Joined:
    Dec 15, 2005
    There are many other magical beings who can wield more raw magical power than Strange, but aside from the Vishanti and perhaps Mephisto no one has both the power and the extensive magical knowledge that Strange has. His intelligence and imagination on top of that is what makes him the only being in the Marvel universe to defeat the pre retconned Beyonder on equal terms.

12. Tropico Crusty, ol' curmudgeon.

Dr. Strange is SO powerful that he doesn't need the internet to get pr0n!!!!:o

[​IMG]

13. MajinShenron Registered

I like how you label DBZ fans. For one thing I have been a fan of comic books way longer than DBZ so before you go labelling DBZ fans (which I have been one for like what, 2 years?) think about what you say.

And I guess my question was quite vague. How does he rank among the Marvel Universe is a more accurate question.

14. Anubis Sup?

Well, then, i'd say he's in top ten overall. Including cosmics.

15. Genesis 1.0 Thread Overlord's Minion

To narrow it down even further than Anubis, I'd personally put him in around 7 in a Top 10 and that's only because of all the cosmic entities you have to go through. Beyonder, ect.

16. Anubis Sup?

yeah, that sounds about right.

17. MajinShenron Registered

So, why doesn't he just take care of fighting Hulk everytime he appears or someone like him if he can do it so easily?

Sorry, once again I don't follow Dr. Strange.

18. Genesis 1.0 Thread Overlord's Minion

Ummm, sales? Why doesn't Sentry wipe out most of the villians in the MU? That's flawed logic.

19. KevanG Pragmatic Villain

He did make Galactus scream after making him see all the poeple he killed, so that alone makes him cool in my books, and I'm sure Galactus respects him.

20. Anubis Sup?

It's best to just assume that he's got more important things to worry about. Like invasions from hell, extra dimensional entities trying to destroy the universe, and s**t like that. He's the first and last line of defense against all threats magical for the whole universe. In other words, he's busy.

21. Vanguard07 He who hath rhythm

He's not really a super-hero per se. He's the sorcerer supreme. His job is to prevent interdimensional invasions and reality altering events/attacks.

Also in terms of his powers and power level in general he's kinda all over the place. Technically he has no powers at all. He's physically a regular human being with extensive training and staggering knowledge of magic. He has probably infinite willpower and self control which allows for an incredible mystic potential. Basically in terms of magic he's the top. He may not have the most raw magical power or the most knowledge or skill but he's close to the top in all categories.

He can do practically anything. He can cast a spell (or series of spells) for almost any situation or against any opponent and use it to beat them however when operatin on the fly he still has to know what spell to use to be effective. He can be caught off guard or make mistakes and use the wrong spell. He can be beaten if he doesnt get any time to come up with the proper spell or cast anything to buy time.

Basically he's practically omnipotent but not omnescient... if that helps any. He's the only character anywhere whom i would accept the "prep-time" argument for. The only one. Bar none.

22. MajinShenron Registered

Thank you for supplying this information. I was wondering since he appeared in The Illuminati comic.

23. MJOILNIR Registered

To me if hes done justice by the writer he should be able to handle any non magical charater in the marvel universe on a decent day. Most magical characters as well. Im a fan of "brutish" charaters like juggs, hulk ect but non of these type charaters should have a chance against him.

24. rodhulk Registered

I don't have the exact ish, but Strange wasn't able to cure Banner of the Hulk despite trying. Anybody know what ish that was in?

25. Kotagg Registered

DBZ fans can be labeled because they are DBZ fans. The crap is so one-dimensional and written at such a third-grade level that it becomes one of those situations where the stereotype LITERALLY encompasses every person without exception.