BvS How should Batman be introduced?

GREEN =w= DAY

Superhero
Reaction score
both Burton & Nolan did an awesome job when it came to Batman's first appearance/scene in their respective films:

Batman '89
[YT]U9G18qHPhcM[/YT]

Batman Returns
[YT]TUFHuYMG-nw[/YT]

Batman Begins
[YT]mq85kxJfcLA[/YT]

The Dark Knight
[YT]Hhn8VVtrfDk[/YT]

The Dark Knight Rises
[YT]aj1Q_BAqwa8[/YT]

how would you guys like to see Snyder introduce Batman for the first time?

personally, kill two birds with one stone and introduce both Batman AND the Batmobile by opening up with a car chase in the streets of Gotham involving the police and criminals at first, but then have the Batmobile pop out of nowhere chasing the bad guys

or hell, take a bit of inspiration from the Arkham Knight commercial with a shootout in the streets between cops and gang members. Batmobile pops into the scene with Batman then flying out

ArkhamKnight-13.jpg

Like a badass mother****er ala Arkham Knight

Either one of two things.

Something badass (ala Phantasm's avatar) like driving around in the Batmobile; or
Drones flying around the city and then a transitional scene of Batfleck chilling in the cave.

People are probably going to burn me on a stake for this but......... why not something like this?

Why would they? That's an awesome entrance. Apart from the guy yelling "Batman...aaaa..." :oldrazz:

Same with the one in Batman.
[YT]T5DuIiBNl4g[/YT]

Yeah, apart from that one guy, the scene is perfect. The dramatic music, the demon-like way he crashes through the glass and breaks the flow of the bright flashy nightclub colours, ah I love it so.

Clark and Lois among the crowd witnessing Lex give a speech at a nighttime fundraiser event. As Lex talks about rebuilding/renovating Metropolis, it cuts to a scene of Batman ruthlessly kicking major ass in Gotham. It goes back and forth to Lex and Batman while the speech bleeds simultaneously through both. You can see that Batman has gone through this before, nonchalantly blocking, dodging, and landing hits.

As the speech nears its end, Batman finishes combat and realizes he has to get to the fundraising in time. He jumps onto the batplane, flies allll the way to Metropolis, ejects off the plane with his skydiving suit, lands on the roof, gets rid of his skydiving suit, fixes his tux as he goes down the elevator,

And then Lex says, "... and please welcome my partner in crime, the one and only, BRUCE WAYNE!" Bruce steps on stage looking all gorgeous and spiffy. End Scene.

_____

But since he's probably retired already, we may initially see him in the batcave being all obsessive and stuffs.

[YT]HTkA6MXdV2M[/YT]

I want it to top Shredder's first reveal. I still have yet to see anything better than this on film. The best way to introduce Batman is like a villain or monster. Something similar to DKR would be boss as well.

"I'm Batman"

*punches two kids and steals their lunch money*

We open on a close shot of someone's mouth biting into a tangerine.

Zoom out. Its Batman.

Batman: "Its sour but sweet. Just like justice."

Another idea:

The audio of Zod's message plays over the opening logos.
Transition to Bruce sitting in the batcave alone, in front of the batcomputer.
He's watching the video, gets up out of his seat and we get a full suit up scene.
He swishes his cape and the scene ends.

Another idea:

The audio of Zod's message plays over the opening logos.
Transition to Bruce sitting in the batcave alone, in front of the batcomputer.
He's watching the video, gets up out of his seat and we get a full suit up scene.
He swishes his cape and the scene ends.

I see a "Nolan-esque" prologue showcasing Batman crimefighting and returning to the Batcave seeing Zod's greeting on the batcomputer.

Then followed by a Snyder Watchmen-esque start credits filled with world building to catch us up to this universe.

[YT]HTkA6MXdV2M[/YT]

I want it to top Shredder's first reveal. I still have yet to see anything better than this on film. The best way to introduce Batman is like a villain or monster. Something similar to DKR would be boss as well.

Agreed. They only have one shot at introducing Ben, might as well take advantage of the mystery aspect while they still can.

Preferably I'd have something involving emergence from the shadows:

tumblr_mrcmpb84jw1sb7steo1_400.gif

0:50

[YT]?v=zH8ynu0jRvY[/YT]

Or, I am not sure I could post that scene but if you look at the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the first appearance of Leatherface hits you like a hammer.

It sounds crazy but I would love for Batman to be introduced as if it were a horror movie, jump scare and everything. You want the audience to realize that they would be scared too, so make that first appearance a scene they will remember. Not some "oooooh how cool" entrance but a "**** I just jumped" kind of entrance.

I think Michael Myers in the Halloween series of movies has had a lot of shocking entrances. I'd like something along those lines.

Superman is getting awards in Metropolis after some major event.

Camera zooms out. We see a Lamborghini slow down in the distance to take a look at Superman. The windows are lowered. It's Bruce Wayne.

Agreed. They only have one shot at introducing Ben, might as well take advantage of the mystery aspect while they still can.

Preferably I'd have something involving emergence from the shadows:

tumblr_mrcmpb84jw1sb7steo1_400.gif

this gif! :word: we need this type of Batman!

Last edited:
I'd like to see something similar to the 89 intro. We didn't really get Batman stopping street crimes by ordinary thugs or actually saving individual people in Nolan's trilogy.

Maybe saving some woman from being raped or something, like RoboCop's first patrol, but obviously Batman style.

would anyone like to see him in the process of stopping a minor villain like The Ventriloquist? just to emphasize that this is an open universe where a lot of different characters can exist.

Clark and Lois among the crowd witnessing Lex give a speech at a nighttime fundraiser event. As Lex talks about rebuilding/renovating Metropolis, it cuts to a scene of Batman ruthlessly kicking major ass in Gotham. It goes back and forth to Lex and Batman while the speech bleeds simultaneously through both. You can see that Batman has gone through this before, nonchalantly blocking, dodging, and landing hits.

As the speech nears its end, Batman finishes combat and realizes he has to get to the fundraising in time. He jumps onto the batplane, flies allll the way to Metropolis, ejects off the plane with his skydiving suit, lands on the roof, gets rid of his skydiving suit, fixes his tux as he goes down the elevator,

And then Lex says, "... and please welcome my partner in crime, the one and only, BRUCE WAYNE!" Bruce steps on stage looking all gorgeous and spiffy. End Scene.

_____

But since he's probably retired already, we may initially see him in the batcave being all obsessive and stuffs.

I like this idea but maybe a bit too James Bondish with the skydiving suit land on the roof etc. :funny:

As Lex talks about rebuilding/renovating Metropolis, it cuts to a scene of Batman ruthlessly kicking major ass in Gotham. It goes back and forth to Lex and Batman while the speech bleeds simultaneously through both. You can see that Batman has gone through this before, nonchalantly blocking, dodging, and landing hits.

I am really hoping for a horror movie monster type of entrance for Batman but one thing I know for sure I DON'T want to see is a Batman who fights nonchalantly by blocking or dodging, etc. I want to see a Batman who is like a caged animal fighting.

Experienced fighters, not MMA fighters or any of this street stuff you see on YouTube or movies, but real fighters know you have to have intensity when you fight. You need to be mean, aggressive, never calm, but always aggressive, furious, like you are an animal:

If you turn up the volume, can you hear what the instructor is telling the student at about the 2:40 mark? It is hard to hear but if you turn it up I am sure most of you will be able to hear it.

[YT]?v=6UNuV_nLq8I&list=UUP8tCfqzzna-aC5yJhSyeKg[/YT]

That mentality, that aggression, that is what Batman (like any real dangerous fighter) should have. Batman is not doing this calmly. Except instead of picturing what the instructor is talking about in the video when he fights, he pictures his youth. He is supposed to in his mind's eye try to be stopping what happened when he was just a boy with every fight so he is supposed to be fighting as aggressively as he would fight if he were trying to save his parents. He should fight like a wild hungry dangerous fierce animal with nothing held back. He doesn't need to block punches because every "block" is actually a strike.

If you punch try to punch me in the face but I throw both my hands up, one straight at your bicep muscle and the other straight at your eyes/throat in the same way you see those guys hitting boards and melons, etc. there is not going to be much left of you after the fight. Personally, I'd like Batman to use the style of kung-fu seen on that same series of videos on that YouTube channel. I don't think Hollywood knows about that style of kung-fu, (much like the majority of people) but it looks fantastic and more importantly it looks like nothing else in any movie. It doesn't look like silat or any other style.

Last edited:
What makes me sad is that, with this new universe started with MoS, we have a Batman that is already old..that has been retired..I was hoping for a 89/BB Batman..Not a necessarily newcomer, but an established one..We had that in BB, a great Batman..then with TDK his full "comic" presence started to fade away till the TDKR one, where he wasn't the Batman anymore..It feels like this Batfleck, I don't know how to describe it, will be a part time
constrained to be Batman again, when in reality, in this universe, he has already been Batman, the real glorious one that fought his battles and villains..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"