BvS How should Batman be introduced?

Opening credit Batman is on a mission shows us the things he can do, heads back to the batcave and does some work on his computer. News is playing in the background of an object in the sky, Alfred walks in and offers bruce some tea then zods message plays on all of batmans screens.

I know I'm in the minority if not the only one BUT I really do hope we get ZERO Batman until the confrontation between him and Kal. It may sound whack but seeing that this is a sequel to MOS, I want more Bruce appearances in and out of the movie and then !!WHAMMM!! Batman in all his glory standing in front of Kal! I would like to see them battle twice so we could see Bruce in costume "early" on in the movie for those who don't want to wait till the last 30 min of the film but to start off the movie or any Batman before the first 40 min is to early for me.

On a side note: I don't know if it has been mentioned but at the end of MOS when Kal is talking to the general and says "I'm here to help but it has to be on my own terms", do you guys think that will be the line that connects TDKReturns to MOS2? Seems like that's where the US goes to him asking to stop Batman (from all the drone talks and BatFamily talks, it seems fitting) and Kal views him as a possible General Zod type threat? The only draw back I see to it is if Bruce is seasoned then Clark would have had to see all the good he's done over the past years and wouldn't really think of him as a real danger *shrugs shoulders* If it's been mentioned, I appoligize... Just wanted to throw it out.

No Supes isn't going to work for the government this isn't TDKReturns. I don't think he has any friends in government that trust him yet.

I'd want something kinda like Batman 89.

Just have him come out of the shadows and kick serious ass.

No Supes isn't going to work for the government this isn't TDKReturns. I don't think he has any friends in government that trust him yet.

I wouldn't say he works for the government, instead more of assisting with national threats including out of control vigilantes.

Yes, but without the set up. I want it to be a jumpscare, but with Batman as the predator [YT]cW7Q7UySxRA[/YT]

Just like 1:12 with batman from behind, a giant monster of a man placing his opponent in a chokehold and knocking him out. His friend pulls out a gun, and the batarang hits the barrel. He then makes a run for it, but Batman dives in front of him, Young Justice style.

Funny enough, I think a good action/horror scene with Batman in the forefront can sell Ben as the character.

Way back when I was on CBM, I wrote what should be in Superman/Batman and one of them was Batman's first appearance being the first scene in the film. It went like this.

Start The Film In Gotham And With Batman

"In my opinion, Superman/Batman should start off like how Man of Steel started off. Just replace Jor-El and Krypton with Batman and Gotham City. I have an idea of how to do beginning. Most of my influence comes from The Dark Knight Returns, Batman: Gotham Knight, the intro to Batman: The Animated Series, 89 Batman, & the car chase scene in Spider-Man 2. Picture this. We start off with the opening like Man of Steel where you see the WB symbol, the DC symbol and the other production symbols. While you see that, you hear a police call going in about a robbery at the Gotham Bank. After you see the company logos, you see an overview of Gotham City. You start to go into and show around the city. It’s nighttime. It’s thundering and raining. We see the Batsignal up in the sky. We get to a building with a gargoyle and we see the back of Batman but never his front. We hear where the robberies are and what street their going on. Now for the record, they don’t have to be just random robberies. You could replace them with Joker or Two-Face or anyone else. Someone more mob related. Or you can just have them be random robberies. Either way works.

Now back to where I was. We see Batman on top of a building. We see his cape flapping around. We then have Batman jump off the building and go to the robberies in a chase with police cars. We have them have a shoot out with a car with detective Harvey Bullock and Renee Montoya in it. We have the robberies in a van from the Bank. The robberies were able to shoot one of the tires of the police van off. They think that got away. We then see the driver ask the one of the guys is something following them since he saw a big shadow over them. We now see Batman in the classic Frank Miller pose like the photo I have above this topic over the van. We see him land on the front of the car. Batman punches from the glasses and the car spins out of control and crashes. The robberies didn’t die and they get out and enter some abandon building.

There are like 3-4 thugs. We see them spread out. Batman takes one of them out front the ground like in The Dark Knight Returns. Other thug has his back against the wall and Batman grabs him and pulls him through the wall. We have another Batman knocks out. The final one is scared. We see Batman basically walk up behind him and disarm him and holds him up like he was about to integrate him. He knocks the thug out. The cops come to the building and we have the thugs tied to a stoplight pole. We then see move up to a building, like in the ending of Batman 89, and Batman is on top of another building on a gargoyle looking down. Zoom in around Batman. Have thunder boom and lighting strike a few times, end scene.

In that one scene alone, you already established how Batman is in this universe. You don’t need to go into his training or his origin. We know Batman’s origin. This opening is like how the opening was to the 89 Batman where at the end you say that Batman is a badass. If this was the opening and was pulled off perfectly, I promise no one would complain about Affleck being Batman."

I would like for the Predator elements to be used, to compare his methodology with Superman's. I would like to see a nice blend of strategy, with a dash of theatricality thrown in.

I think he should use drones and his detective skills first and use all credible resources while working alongside lex luthor as Bruce Wayne to take supes down. And then while supes is fighting a bunch of bad guys in the street later in the film, he gets run over by the batmobile and out comes Bats... Bats has huge fight with him, and later on they validate together that Luthor is the bad guy

I would like to see Batman try to run over Cav-el with the Batmobile. After Clark is done, that car will be about the size of a Coca-Cola can after it's crushed.

Not if he hits him from behind with it. In MOS he was hit with vehicles and was knocked on his ass.

Not if he hits him from behind with it. In MOS he was hit with vehicles and was knocked on his ass.

[YT]rWyTY6T_h90[/YT]

Uh... No. Are you ref. to this clip? You know, where he has a car land on top of him, and he leaves a dent in the shape of his body into it, then shrugs it off? Cuz that is what happens. He gets knocked down by ZOD, not the car. Please tell me where else in the film he is hit by an Earthly vehicle and is "knocked on his ass"?

We see a man, from behind, is having lunch at a cafe in Florence. Waiter approaches handing him a phone "it's for you".

Title Card.

That was a joke, but I'd laugh my ass off if that happened.

Three tiered appearance.

First, we just see the Batcave and the Batcomputer as it shows the "You are not alone" message.

Later, we see a henchman horror show as Batman takes out most of his opponents, ending with us seeing his silhouette and his glowing eyes.

Lastly, he gets fully unveiled in his first confrontation with Superman.

Man I hope not that interpretation of Superman in that was god awful.

I actually hope the character comes off as ambiguous and mysterious. I would love to see him doing a bunch of things and taking alot of steps which aren't clear to Clark or the audience. At a certain point he could even seem like a villain but halfway through the film his motives become clear and what he's been doing begins to make sense. From then on the character is revealed. In that sense, we the audience are seeing him from Clark's perspective.

Id prefer it if the Bruce Wayne "public image" was treated as almost another character in the background who Lois and Clark aren't really focussing their scrutiny on.

That's how I would do it anyway. An ambiguous character who plays things close to the chest, and we the audience aren't let into his head or his world until the middle when things become clearer.

I'll bet we see him introduced in the cave, monitoring stuff.

I'd either want something like his introduction in Batman Begins, where's he moving around, using the shadows, staying out of sight, and just generally scaring the crap out of thugs (seriously, that scene was fantastic). Or, just him sitting in the Batcave watching Zod's broadcast, but partially obscured by either shadows, his chair, or both so that you can't really see him all the way.

Have Bruce Wayne open the film announcing a joint venture between Lexcorp and Wayne Enterprises to help re-build Metropolis. Clark is there reporting on it. Then don't show him as Batman for at least 30 minutes. Batman should be the big reveal, it would suck if the film opened on Batman.

[YT]HTkA6MXdV2M[/YT]

I want it to top Shredder's first reveal. I still have yet to see anything better than this on film. The best way to introduce Batman is like a villain or monster. Something similar to DKR would be boss as well.

Pure gold, that reveal/introduction; the long take, the use of shadows, the simple-but-effective score, the accommodative feel etc.

Last edited:
Something I´ve been missing from the Nolan Movies, especially TDK and TDKR was Batman as a Shadow-Figure, a Danger in the Dark and somewhat of a Mystery.
Burtons Batman did this very well and still has some of the most effective Batman-Scenes out of all the Batman Movies that have been made so far.
I hope that Snyder takes care of this fact but he already proved how good he is with the use of Light and Shadow in Nightscenes, for Example in Watchmen.
As long as Snyder keeps Batman from being fully revealed to the public Eye in Gotham, he would still be the Fear of the Mob, even though Batman might have not been seen for a couple of years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"