How should the movie end?

With Mr. Sinister or Apocolyspe standing far away laughing.

With the president, Trask, etc talking to the X-men about an anomaly in the cure, and that some mutants were strangely unaffected by it. Cut to: human Raven Darkholme walking into a lab, carrying mutant genetic research stolen from Worthington Labs. She gives the research to a man named Dr. Essex, and her eyes turn yellow.

MutantMetalhead said:
With the president, Trask, etc talking to the X-men about an anomaly in the cure, and that some mutants were strangely unaffected by it. Cut to: human Raven Darkholme walking into a lab, carrying mutant genetic research stolen from Worthington Labs. She gives the research to a man named Dr. Essex, and her eyes turn yellow.

if they did that, then there would have to be an x4. Ooo. i hope they do SOMETHING like there, where it leaves you hangin. Cause then, THAT MEANS another X MOVIE! woot!

they should do what they did in Batman Forever/& Robin, have all the X-men run toward the screen while the "X-light" is behind them

Knives122 said:
they should do what they did in Batman Forever/& Robin, have all the X-men run toward the screen while the "X-light is behind them"
LOL, kind of like the polish poster. :up:

it should end with the song ' Always look on the bright side of life ' ala Life Of Brian!

With the entire cast in a song and dance number, ending in a mutant kick line...
tonys04230jb.jpg

yeah!

neemer5 said:
With the entire cast in a song and dance number, ending in a mutant kick line...
tonys04-23.jpg

yeah!

Yeah. Could you imagine them all in costume doing the can can? With Wolverine or Magneto in the middle singing like this dude in the pic. Oh man, that would be hilarious.

"""""With the president, Trask, etc talking to the X-men about an anomaly in the cure, and that some mutants were strangely unaffected by it. Cut to: human Raven Darkholme walking into a lab, carrying mutant genetic research stolen from Worthington Labs. She gives the research to a man named Dr. Essex, and her eyes turn yellow.""""

:):):up::up::up::up:

Knives122 said:
they should do what they did in Batman Forever/& Robin, have all the X-men run toward the screen while the "X-light" is behind them

I almost spit out my cereal when I read this LOL

MutantMetalhead said:

That is the best ending i've heard. Major props :up: :up: :up: :up: :xmen:

my ending: (i got some ideas from other people)
the war is over, magneto some how escaped. Jean is back at the x-mansion, hiding from the country and back to normal. Scott scarificed himself to save everyone from being killed by Jean. (he got through to her, but died in the event). Wolverine settles himself at the x-mansion, him and Jean have a close bond (as friends..... although the still have romantic feelings for each other)
MYSTIQUE is living a normal life as a human, but unhappy. But then discovers the cure didn't work as she accidently morphes into someone.
Professor is gone, Jean is guilty and trying to find a way to bring him back.
Storm is leading the X-men, with Wolverine second in command.
Bobby and Kitty are together, Rogue still a little upset.

I know, kinda lame, but it's a thought.

The sort of ending I'd like personally goes something like this...the war is massive and there are many casualties...Sentinels are introduced in a limited capacity (as they are still experimental) to aid in ending this be-all-end-all battle. Xavier is dead...and without a clear cut death scene we are left to believe Magneto is dead. Jean is brought back to her senses and helps to end the war but in the process, strains herself to the point that her powers disappear (stripping her 'psychic gears'). She must live as a homo-sapien and deal with what she did to Scott. Wolverine is disillusioned and moves on to his own adventures. Beast takes over as Headmaster of the school.

Wolverine was never illusioned to begin with.

"Disillusioned" in that he thought he'd found a place that he might belong... however the war changes his feeling with Xavier gone and Jean along with so many others 'forever' changed. This ending leaves open the possibility of X3 acting as a bookend to this trilogy...but leaving open the possibility of an X4 in which the government begins mass production of Sentinels to manage muties that refused the cure...Emma Frost with the HellFire Club manipulate Jean so that she regains her powers and loses her memory...forcing Beast to lead a team of younger X-men including a brash-outsider (GAMBIT) to fight the Sentinels and Jean with the HellFire Club...that opens up a lot for additional sequels following stories that would work well in the movie-verse and please comic fans too...maybe?

Jack Phantom said:
"Disillusioned" in that he thought he'd found a place that he might belong... however the war changes his feeling with Xavier gone and Jean along with so many others 'forever' changed. This ending leaves open the possibility of X3 acting as a bookend to this trilogy...but leaving open the possibility of an X4 in which the government begins mass production of Sentinels to manage muties that refused the cure...Emma Frost with the HellFire Club manipulate Jean so that she regains her powers and loses her memory...forcing Beast to lead a team of younger X-men including a brash-outsider (GAMBIT) to fight the Sentinels and Jean with the HellFire Club...that opens up a lot for additional sequels following stories that would work well in the movie-verse and please comic fans too...maybe?

Jean being manipulated again? Eh, it would be repetitive.

Jack Phantom said:

Well Wolverine leaving and not being sure whose side he's on has been done to death in the franchise.And Jean becoming evil...again?

The first two acts of the movie could deal with the Sentinels with a slow and careful development of who and what Frost and the HellFire Club are...perhaps Jean joining them at the end to cliffhanger an X5...In the comics and 'toons Jean swayed from good to evil on many occasions...

MutantMetalhead said:

Don't like it. You can't just throw in 'anomalies' and 'strangely unaffected' without explaining - it's too random. The cure is the cure. Either it works or it doesn't. To have some people being okay, and some people not being okay, will make the audience lose interest. The cure will become a movie convenience, to cure those who the producers/scriptwriters want to cure. Why would Mystique be unaffected? What makes her special? Is it her that is different? The cure itself? Which other mutants are unaffected?

I could only see Rogue and Wolverine possibly not being affected. Wolverine's mutant healing power might treat the cure as a toxin in his body and work against it. Rogue's power to absorb the lifeforce of others might absorb the lifeforce of Leech that is in the cure and make it ineffective.

Would the cure take away Wolverine's mutant healing power before his healing power could cancel the cure? Would the cure take away Rogue's absorption power before she could absorb the power of the cure?

They are the only two possibilities for being exceptions. Unless Mystique can morph her internal body systems to stop the cure taking effect, which is highly unlikely....

It saddens me that so many ppl here make up their own endings and still have Cyclops die.

I mean what I posted above is one of a great many possibilities...It just seems as though there are far too many storyline choices to arbitrarily end these movies as a trilogy because that's the current hot marketing fad (which is the way it seems to me...DVD sales and the like.). There's a lot of room to do things storywise that a lot of people like me who've collected the books since the team was originally introduced would enjoy seeing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"