How should the movie end?

freshandclean said:
Well she died twice in the original story, well sorta. When piloting the spaceship she almost died but her power jumpstarted and saved her and she became Phoenix (minus retcon). That's analogous to Jean "dying" to save the X-Men at Alkali Lake. It depends on how they explain her surviving.

I just can't see a way that she could survive and still have the impact that the Dark Phoenix saga had. I mean someone here even went so far to say "Isn't she a doctor? Maybe she can become a full time doctor afterwards?" I mean, WTF? Everyone talks about Scott has to survive to stay true to the Phoenix story, but they jump at the chance to have Jean "cured" or "depowered" or whatever. I mean talk about straying far away from the original (I don't count the animated series which sanitized the whole story). Do people just want Scott and Jean to live happily ever after?

No, I agree. I don't know how this thing is going to end. I can't picture it having the emotional impact other than how it did in the comics. It will be interesting to see.

freshandclean said:
Well she died twice in the original story, well sorta. When piloting the spaceship she almost died but her power jumpstarted and saved her and she became Phoenix (minus retcon). That's analogous to Jean "dying" to save the X-Men at Alkali Lake. It depends on how they explain her surviving.

I just can't see a way that she could survive and still have the impact that the Dark Phoenix saga had. I mean someone here even went so far to say "Isn't she a doctor? Maybe she can become a full time doctor afterwards?" I mean, WTF? Everyone talks about Scott has to survive to stay true to the Phoenix story, but they jump at the chance to have Jean "cured" or "depowered" or whatever. I mean talk about straying far away from the original (I don't count the animated series which sanitized the whole story). Do people just want Scott and Jean to live happily ever after?

Well the difference after Jeans first death,she arose immediately.In the movie its been at least a year since her death(I'm guessing).I know itd probably be more appropriate for her to die,but its still sorta the same thing we got before.I can picture audiences going "Oh.She's dead again." I wonder how Singers wouldve tried to pull this one off.

Abaddon said:
Well the difference after Jeans first death,she arose immediately.In the movie its been at least a year since her death(I'm guessing).I know itd probably be more appropriate for her to die,but its still sorta the same thing we got before.I can picture audiences going "Oh.She's dead again." I wonder how Singers wouldve tried to pull this one off.

I get what you're saying and that was my whole fear about them doing the DPS. They would have to kill her again in the span of 2 movies. But the "Oh, she's dead again" would be kind of funny considering the comics...

THE WAY IT WILL GO:

1. Jean is killed (but the soul remains)
2. Cyclops lives (Wouldn't bother me too much if he died but it would hurt the sequels if any)
3. Logan moves on
4. Rogue rejects the cure, breaks up with Bobby but they are still good friends
5. Storm and Beast take over as leaders...
6. Xavier/Magneto dies...
7. Sinister, or Omega Red cameo (or something leading to the Wolvie spinoff), and birth of the first Setinels to setup the next trilogy...

DroolingforGwen said:
QUOTE]
LMAO!...SOULCALIBUR!!.

"____ has been defeated but the soul still burns" (something like that)...LOL!

Cmon you know what i meant... Jean makes one last appearance to say goodbye right before she dies as Pheonix...

hmmm I dunno... :( its hard to say when we don't know too much of what we know in terms of the Jean/Phoenix storyline in this movie... until it comes out. We'll have to wait and see.

Is it May yet? GODS!! I WANA SEE IT SO BADLY!!!!!!!!!!

DroolingforGwen said:
THE WAY IT WILL GO:

2. Cyclops lives (Wouldn't bother me too much if he died but it would hurt the sequels if any)
3. Logan moves on
4. Rogue rejects the cure, breaks up with Bobby but they are still good friends
5. Storm and Beast take over as leaders...
6. Xavier/Magneto dies...
7. Sinister, or Omega Red cameo (or something leading to the Wolvie spinoff), and birth of the first Setinels to setup the next trilogy...

I believe the Wolverine spin-off is set to be a prequel, so I doubt will see too much branching off from X3 into it. Also, I don't think Logan will leave. I think his statement at the end of X2, "We'll be watching" shows he's commited to the team . . . and its been said that he will have somewhat of a leadership role in X3. Who knows? Maybe the events of X3 will be too much for him (possible death of Xavier or Jean) and he will leave. To me, that seems too inconclusive though. We would almost end up in the same place where we started back in X1.

I want Jean to be saved by Cyclops, who comes to help battle her with the team. Jean recovers and revives Pro. X, then Beast, Wolverine and Storm take care of the school while Pro. X and Jean go to Muir Island so Jean can recover from being the Phoenix.

If there is an X4... I just want to see the so called "seeds" Ratner has supposedly planted... I don't think we'll see Sinister but the Sentinels are the best bet... Is there anyone else besides those three that might make a cameo?

I know itd be corny,but I would prefer ot if Jean somehow found a way to remolecularize Scott.Like maybe when she erases him,part of his mind enters hers or something.I don't know.:(

if Jean dies, then Cyclops should also...I can't stand to watch him cry on Logan's Shoulder again. If Cyclops dies, then Jean should also....cause it wouldnt be right!!!!! If Prof. X dies by the hands of Dark Phoenix...I'll be pissed

The movie should end kinda like the first season of the 90's X-Men series........stating that some mutants such as the X-Men are there to protect against evil mutants. Magneto should be gutted by Wolverine if he's to die. Ice-Man should have his ass handed to him by Pyro. Kitty and Rogue should pair up.....

no please!!! let her live!

DarknessOfDeath said:
I agree...but if she dies...she's gonna back either way.

but in which movie? x3 is the last one :O

xwolverine2 said:
lol..

not really

well I meant hypathethically... as in IF there is an X4...but hey i was referring to the comics for some reason...

Darkie said:
no please!!! let her live!

i want her tive too... well in the movies if you kill a comic character they die for good.... they only live long enough... in the comics! lol. ;)

Jean should just lose control and fly higher and higher and higher, as the sentinels are chasing after her, and with a burst of energy she destroys herself and all the sentinels!!!

The end

phantom47 said:
Jean should just lose control and fly higher and higher and higher, as the sentinels are chasing after her, and with a burst of energy she destroys herself and all the sentinels!!!

The end

I hope not! I don't want Jean to die AGAIN. It drove me insane when she died in X2. Plus, I don't think it would be a smart idea for her to die in two movies. It would be way too much like the X2 if she died again. Not logical if you ask me. But I doubt she will die again. Just a matter of reasoning.

Stan Lee wakes up panting: "It was all just a dream..."

maybe the movie ends with all the X-men standing shoulder to shoulder, and refuseing to back down as numerous sentinals are flying their way.

I highly HIGHLY doubt that this will be the last "X-Men" Movie. This Franchise is a VERY BIG MONEY MAKER for FOX & with Star Wars out of the way I am sure that FOX will want to keep the Franchises that can & will always make money.

Agreed. Fox wouldn't be stupid enough just to make this movie their last X-Men movie.

phantom47 said:

The end
You know, that's exactly what I thought if the Sentinels are in the final battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"