how soon is too soon to fall in love?

Mr. Credible

jukebox hero
Reaction score
simple enough question, right?

so i met this girl on sept 30th, just a few weeks ago, we were friends for about two days, dating by the third, a couple by about a week an a half later, and now are up to the "baby i love you so much, please don't ever leave me" phase.

now, don't get me wrong, i'm excited and i'm loving every minute of this, she's an amazing girl, beautiful, funny, smart, etc, etc...

i'm only 22, and i'm pretty sure i've been in love before, but i don't really know either way. not sure what that has to do with anything, but yeah... anyways, i just thought it'd be an interesting enough topic of discussion:

is there a "too soon" to fall in love?

You just gave me this flashback to this bastard redneck guy I hate.

God I hate that guy.

Thanks alot.

Hades said:
You just gave me this flashback to this bastard redneck guy I hate.

God I hate that guy.

Thanks alot.

yeah? well your avatar makes me want to punch babies.

and how do i remind you of a redneck? i'm nothing of the sort.

Mr. Credible said:
yeah? well your avatar makes me want to punch babies.

and how do i remind you of a redneck? i'm nothing of the sort.
You smell like redneck.

And besides that, your avatar looks like 'em.

Hades said:
You smell like redneck.

And besides that, your avatar looks like 'em.

So he looks like Jesus/Chuck Norris? Sounds like a hard guy to hate.

People do talk about 'Love at first sight' but I know a lot of my friends who are fickle in love, they will start saying 'i love you' because they want to be in love, but aren't really. I think when you start throwing the term around it loses its meaning, it becomes more meaningful when you only say it when you truly, deeply mean it,not just as a passing fancy.

When someone is constantly telling you they love you, it makes them sound more like they are trying to convince themselves its true.

I wouldn't say any particular amount of time is when it's "okay" to "fall in love"... but it's hard to really love someone you don't yet know, and it's hard to know someone whom you met only a few weeks ago. Not that it can't happen, it's just rare.

Mr. Credible said:

so i met this girl on sept 30th, just a few weeks ago, we were friends for about two days, dating by the third, a couple by about a week an a half later, and now are up to the "baby i love you so much, please don't ever leave me" phase.

now, don't get me wrong, i'm excited and i'm loving every minute of this, she's an amazing girl, beautiful, funny, smart, etc, etc...

i'm only 22, and i'm pretty sure i've been in love before, but i don't really know either way. not sure what that has to do with anything, but yeah... anyways, i just thought it'd be an interesting enough topic of discussion:

Yes and no.

A lot of young people sometimes confuse infatuation with love. But there's no set time.

And you said it yourself, you are in the everything is great phase which is a great place to be. But right now, everything she does is wonderful and she's flawless.

I think a good indication you are in love is all those lil idiocyncracies and nuances that you thought were cute or quirky in the beginning, now bother you but you love them despite it.

Sometimes, it just hits you one day, "Wow, I'm really in love." You just kinda know.

Childlike Wild said:
I wouldn't say any particular amount of time is when it's "okay" to "fall in love"... but it's hard to really love someone you don't yet know, and it's hard to know someone whom you met only a few weeks ago. Not that it can't happen, it's just rare.

You should have an "Ask Childlike Wild" Article in a newspaper, lol.

I don't think it matters if you fall in love quickly as long as you don't commit to anything straight away. Allow a bit of time for reality to catch up and annoying habits to surface.

Iceman/Psylocke said:
I don't think it matters if you fall in love quickly as long as you don't commit to anything straight away. Allow a bit of time for reality to catch up and annoying habits to surface.
In your case soon is too soon if the roofies haven't kicked in. :cmad:

DOG LIPS said:
In your case soon is too soon if the roofies haven't kicked in. :cmad:
I :heart: you.

Only once you have taken the blue feather to the top of Mount Olif may you feel what we humans call "love".

DOG LIPS said:
I know. :heart:
Baby I love you so much, please don't ever leave me.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm excited and I'm loving every minute of this, you're an amazing girl, beautiful, funny, smart, sexy.

I'm only 28, and I'm pretty sure I've been in love before, but I don't really know either way. not sure what that has to do with anything.

Is there a "too soon" to fall in love?

(sorry Credible :()

Sabretooth said:
DOG LIPS is mine! :cmad:
Actually it was a passing crush.

You can have him :)

Love knows nothing of rank or riverbank.
lt will spark between a queen and
the poor vagabond who plays the king.
Their love should be minded by each,
for love denied blights the soul we owe to God.

:thing: :doom: :thing:

There's no such thing a falling in love to soon; just falling in love with the wrong person.

I suppose there is for certain people.:huh: I just came here to see the funny comments left by other people:o

Mr. Credible said:

Yep there is. When you fall in love you start thinking about marrying the chick. You might end up marrying her before yer financially sufficient to have a family then you run into money problems.

The best time to fall in love is when you're financially set to handle a family, emotionally set to have a monogamous relationship, and sexually set to have less sex in your life.

If those three things don't describe you then don't fall in love. Simple.

It's just up to how soon you want your heart ripped out and flushed down the toilet... hmmm... What kind of mood am I in today ..Phew!

Now now come on Sensi... you know better than that, ruin the poor guys dreams before it even starts :p

It's all up to the individual and how they feel... there is no too soon because you just can't help when it happens, you'll know

Here are my two cents.

1 cent: She is needy and clingy and is suggesting through her telling you "baby I love you so much don't ever leave me" that she'd really like you to say the same thing to her. She's insecure. She probably likes you a lot. Given time it could develop into more.

2 cents: Odds are it's all the chemical signals flying around making your brains go a little haywire. Pheromones baby. What happens when their death grip wears off? I suggest you find a hell of a lot in common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"