How strong is Wolverine

Kool-Aid

Sidekick
Reaction score
I always thought he was top human level in strength class. Then people say he can beat Hulk, Namor, Venom, Hercules ect.... lift elevators with one arm. Is this a case writer exageration or is he really capable of these feats?

Wolverine is strong enough to get his ass kicked by the Hulk!:)

it's actually a good question when you think about it. i mean, i always assumed logan was as strong as a normal guy in top shape. like batman. but when you think about it, he'd have to be a lot stronger. his body's carrying around the weight of an adamantium skeleton...hmm...dunno how strong he is.

I don't believe you should think this far into it. Wolverine is as strong or weak as the writer deems necessary for story purposes.

Yeah, I'd say he and Captain America are on the same peak human level strength-wise, but both he and Cap have far more endurance and stamina than peak human since their bodies take care of fatigue on its own.

i think hes over peak human..i mean hes carrying like 700 extra pounds. a peak human wouldnt be able to move with that extra weight right?

photojones2 said:
it's actually a good question when you think about it. i mean, i always assumed logan was as strong as a normal guy in top shape. like batman. but when you think about it, he'd have to be a lot stronger. his body's carrying around the weight of an adamantium skeleton...hmm...dunno how strong he is.

well, the weight of an adamantium-laced skeleton anyway. he's probably able to lift more than the average person given there's no chance of his bones breaking under the pressure.

He doesn't get tired and can stand a lot more pain than normal humans so that can account for the illusion of strength, sometimes. Under a burst of adrenaline, normal humans have performed certain "superhuman" feats of strength as well, like lifting cars and the such.

Just a factoid: had th' original creators kept workin' with Wolvie back in th' day, they were gonna make him in Spidey's strength class.

Since muscle when you work out rips and then gets bigger, how hasn't Wolverine's muscles gotten to where he can't move?

Because of his healing factor and the fact that it's a comic. :D:up:

supraman said:
i think hes over peak human..i mean hes carrying like 700 extra pounds. a peak human wouldnt be able to move with that extra weight right?

i dont think the comics ever specified how much his skeleton weighs.

Its got to be incredibly heavy. I've seen him lift well above what a normal human could too. I'd say he's in the 1 ton range at best, 800 lbs at worst.

GoldenAgeHero said:
i dont think the comics ever specified how much his skeleton weighs.

From Marvel.com -

(Without Adamantium skeleton) 195 lbs., (with Adamantium skeleton) 300 lbs.

The reinforcement of his skeleton enables Wolverine to withstand high levels of physical pressure, giving his muscles sufficient force to briefly lift/press several hundred pounds.

One of the original stats placed him at 195 pounds with the adamantium at a height of 5'3" or 5'4". The original handbook placed him at peak human strength but the later master edition placed him in the enhanced human category which is low level superhuman. Tomorrow maybe feeble maybe class 100 :(

Kool-Aid said:
I always thought he was top human level in strength class. Then people say he can beat Hulk, Namor, Venom, Hercules ect.... lift elevators with one arm. Is this a case writer exageration or is he really capable of these feats?
Whoever is telling you these things is a complete idiot.

In fact, please direct us to whoever is spewing this BS

Wolvie's strength is extremely inconsistant. Several writers have established that he DOES have some super human strength. Others seem to imply that he's normal or peak human. Most ignore the issue altogether and have him cut stuff instead of lift or hit it at all.

Personally I agree that his strength is either low level super human or peak human. Somewhere in the range of say: 800lbs - 2 tons at the upper limit. It's also a good point that due to his healing factor and higher ammount of pressure his bones can take his adrenaline rushes are far more significant than an average persons.

So i'm gonna narrow it down and basically decide (for myself alone i guess if nobody else does the same) that he's peak human strength with the capability to enhance his strength through adrenaline to low level superhuman levels. So 800lbs on average but in the heat of a major battle: up to 1 or 2 tons.

Elijya said:
Whoever is telling you these things is a complete idiot.

In fact, please direct us to whoever is spewing this BS

They have a forum dedicated to Vs threads here. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/ In it they have multiple Wolverine vs threads going. I'm guessing because of the Wolverine fans saying/showing he can do all these feats, they think he could beat Superman and such.

ampersand said:
I don't believe you should think this far into it. Wolverine is as strong or weak as the writer deems necessary for story purposes.

Your observation is so true.

Personally I put him at th' lowest superhuman level. Strong enough to stand up to big bruisers but not strong enough to arm wrestle Juggernaut.

But I just wanna echo and expand on what Amper said; ANY character is at th' whim of whatever writer is workin' on them at that time. Look at Spidey: how inconsistent has his Spidey sense been over th' years?

Wolverine ownage. :D

wolverinehulk.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"