State your opinion a character - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why Millar made him say Sammy Jackson should play him?
He still looks more like Will Smith in that series

I'm not saying that you're either blind or crazy, I'm just saying I don't know what the third option is ;)

samuel_jackson_nick_fury.jpg

Anyways, back to the topic!

Here's a controversial one, whaddaya think of...

Ultimate HULK
ultimate_hulk.jpg

I think it comes down to even before Millar...

I had an idea they asked him directly if they could use his likeness for the character (rare, because if they say no you pretty much have to go in a different direction legally because your case becomes harder to prove that any similarities are mere coincidence) even before they had the movies in mind...

Personally, I didn't like the whole him being "horny" schtick they had right at the beginning, but other than that I loved Ultimate Hulk. I wouldn't want him to replace 616 Hulk of course, but they made they Hulk seem savage and brutal and actually someone to fear! Also prefer the approach they took with Banner, at least in that he's not super nerd that can invent a force field with pocket lint and a AA battery. The only scientist I like that crap with is Reed personally.
And the explanation as to how his powers work that they gave in Ultimate Human was excellent (great mini series).

I don't like how they made him horny about Wasp, like some stuff they did with him from what I saw
Also prefer the approach they took with Banner, at least in that he's not super nerd that can invent a force field with pocket lint and a AA battery. The only scientist I like that crap with is Reed personally.
And the explanation as to how his powers work that they gave in Ultimate Human was excellent (great mini series).
Reading classic Hulk, Banner was the kind of prodigy who builds a tower in his very early youth, that added to his overly paranoid pop panic mode

I'll just get this out of the way if this is going to be a week long thing.

(Insert Ultimate version of a character here)

They're terrible compared to the original version.

I like Ultimate Hulk in the two Ultimates volumes Millar did. That's all I read though. He was a little lacking in personality and all that, though Banner was cool. I liked him.

Ultimate Spider-Man and originl Spider-Man are both dead

Haha, I see what you did there.

Hilarious.

Fresh Prince of World War II?
Hahaha so you mean "Dum Dum" could be jazzy Jeff!! hahahahah with their #1 hit " Supervillians just dont understand!"

it's not too often that me and Sf agree.... but Hell yeah!! I hate everyone of them except 1... so i guess we will go down the list till then.

Ultimate Hulk SUCKS!!!!!!!
his whole thing was to get laid?!?! dude come to Vegas with a few hundred $ bills. i will take you to the bunny ranch and that will be end of story! one of the stupidest motivating fators in the history of superherodom!! sure i will give em all my money, but change myself into a raging monster for some bootaay. i dont think so!! Boo*&^% and he sucks!! now on to the next sucky ultimate character!

Ultimate Week continues with another very controversial take...

Ultimate Thor
ultimate_thor.jpg

I'm a fan of him as well. Don't get me wrong, if they tried to scrap the 616 Thor for this version I'd throw a fit, but I like this as an alternative take. The only thing I didn't like was the weird metal axe/hammer combo they gave him. Should've kept it classic.

Btw, I'm only talking about the first two volumes of the Ultimates. Everything else was so contrary to those that I don't count them (and didn't bother reading most of them)

Like both Hulk and Thor whatever reality. Hulk being a WMD that they deployed on their enemies, and Thor being thought of as a raving lunatic were very creative takes on the classics.

I like him, and I like the hammer-axe Mjonjr

hahaha The only Ultimate Character i dug!! ( it aint Iron Man Spider)
though as mentioned before i didnt like that hammer ax thing! what is that? like some Asgardian swiss army knife!?I did sorta like the "is he for real or is he a raving lunatic thing!" I even dug the kinda eco- terrorist thing.The book where you see him fighting Loki and his hordes was really were i started to dig him. with his "i am sworn to protect this planet or die!" and you find out that he is the real &^%$.Dont get me wrong. I would picket outside Marvel if they replaced the original with dude, but he was the most tolerable of the bunch. so somewhat rocketh!

What I liked about Ultimate Thor is that at first everybody just thought he was a nutcase who "thought" he was the son of a God. That was a neat twist.

Didn't they do that in the regular MU? I mean, the reader knew he was the real deal but everybody else thought he was full of s**t.

Oh, I don't know. I'm not a Thor fan so I, honestly, would have no idea if they did that with MU Thor.

Did they make an Ultimate version of Hercules? Ultimate Thor vs Hercules would be so awesome

Oh, I don't know. I'm not a Thor fan so I, honestly, would have no idea if they did that with MU Thor.

Yeah, up until Thor moved Asgard to Earth after his old man died, everybody thought he was just a crazy mutant or something. (Well, everybody that wasn't an Avenger, X-Man, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"