The Dark Knight How to introduce Harvey Dent?

Two-Face

Harvey Dent
Reaction score
How everyone talks how Joker should be introduce in TDK but what about Harvey Dent how should Nolan introduce him?

- Night time
- Rooftop
- With Gordon
- With bat signal

Good question!

Would it be better to start with the signal on the rooftop or should we see some Gordon-Dent interaction first before they team up?

If it's going to be based on Long Halloween we might be introduced to Dent by himself at the start doing some detective work?

He opens the door and says "Hello everybody"

I would introduce Dent like you two said but after Dent and Gordon leave a crime scene and Gordon tells Dent to come up with to the top of the building and Gordon tells Dent to look at the bat-signal and flip the switch.

IamtheBatman said:
I would introduce Dent like you two said but after Dent and Gordon leave a crime scene and Gordon tells Dent to come up with to the top of the building and Gordon tells Dent to look at the bat-signal and flip the switch.

Perhaps after seeing several grinning corpses?

That could be quite nice actually - Working in the start of 'Man who laughs'.

something simple, like the rooftop with gordon and batman give him the bigger entrance as two face.

El Payaso said:
He opens the door and says "Hello everybody"

lol sitcom style.

I think the guy to replace Rachels boss would be Dent. Thats a perfect way to do it.

Something simple. Maybe in the courtroom, speaking to the jury.

Bruce Wayne watching a television news conference of the new charismatic DA discussing his latest organized crime bust.

Bruce comments to Alfred:
"I like this guy. He just might be able to clean up Gotham."

The rooftop meet-and-greet should happen shortly after.

With Harvey I think what they need is to show the traumatic events that happens to him, not just show it on tv like forever with batman leaping across a courtroom lol

XCharlieX said:
With Harvey I think what they need is to show the traumatic events that happens to him, not just show it on tv like forever with batman leaping across a courtroom lol
i never got that, batmans a meant to be a mystery, and here he is sat in court?

the-dark-knight said:
something simple, like the rooftop with gordon and batman give him the bigger entrance as two face.

This thread about introducing Dent and not Two-Face I thought.

he comes in as a Rachel dawes replacement after she is killed by the Joker and Batman/Dent cross paths....

There should be an election in Gotham and Mayor's favourite to bring new DA Harvey Dent who wins election obviously and meets with Bruce Wayne, Rachel Dawes and Lt James Gordon. Bruce tells Harvey that he was Mayor's and his favourite to bring Dent into Gotham Bruce somehow thinks this guy is will help the city Dent isn't font of Wayne who thinks he's spoiled brat Gordon congrats on Harvey winning the election tells him to meet him at rooftop of GPDH.

That's all I think of if I think more I post.

the-dark-knight said:
i never got that, batmans a meant to be a mystery, and here he is sat in court?

LMAO Joels a zany guy.

Batman rides at night only imo. And doesnt show up to court, sit down, and then ask the bailiff if he can go to the bathroom lol

IamtheBatman said:
This thread about introducing Dent and not Two-Face I thought.
yeah im just saying, give him a normal entrance as dent, more dramatic as two face, sorry i dident know mentioning two face in this tread was a taboo.

lol Yeah back to topic apparently.

Dent I think could be tied with Rachels story. perhaps shes her new love interest and then things get crazy.

XCharlieX said:
LMAO Joels a zany guy.

Batman rides at night only imo. And doesnt show up to court, sit down, and then ask the bailiff if he can go to the bathroom lol
lol

There should be an election in Gotham and Mayor's favourite to bring new DA Harvey Dent who wins election obviously and meets with Bruce Wayne, Rachel Dawes and Lt James Gordon. Bruce tells Harvey that he was Mayor's and his favourite to bring Dent into Gotham Bruce somehow thinks this guy is will help the city Dent isn't font of Wayne who thinks he's spoiled brat Gordon congrats on Harvey winning the election tells him to meet him at rooftop of GPDH.

Anyone?

I think it's a good idea, TwoFace. Harvey obviously should be relatively new in Gotham. I'm not sure if we should have him just be elected or already in office. I really like the idea of Bruce and Dent not really getting along (ala Long Halloween) but Dent and Batman being allies. But either way something I want to see is the coin. Just a silver dollar Harvey keeps in his pocket that he flips as a nervous habit.

Does anyone know if Holmes is slated to return? If not I think that would be a great way to establish Dent. Have him be assistant D.A. and by the end of the film he works his way up to District Attorney. Regardless, if he is in the film at all, he's probably going to be completely peripheral. BTW, I don't remember the name of the person who has it in their sig. but I completely agree, Joaquin Phoenix as Dent would be pretty awesome.

I love how in the batman animated series....way before Harvey turned into 2 face... you saw a scene with him flipping a coin... I loved that scene. It wasn't till later in that season he turned into two-face.

I think they should do a scene like this in the movie. foreshadowing his double personality...as if it were always there. Regular audiences won't pick it up...but the fans would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"