Comics How was FNSM this week?

ragingdemon155 said:
heh I love that episode.:)

Same here. And if you think about it, maybe it WAS that episode that inspired PAD for this arc. After all, he is a Star Trek fan and did write a couple of Next Generation books.

stillanerd said:
Same here. And if you think about it, maybe it WAS that episode that inspired PAD for this arc. After all, he is a Star Trek fan and did write a couple of Next Generation books.

What's this???? A fellow Star Trek geek..:up:

Let's not get started on how all the spin-offs raped the original series...

Gregatron said:
Let's not get started on how all the spin-offs raped the original series...

Whoa, wait...which original?

The original Star Trek? Or Star Trek TNG...TNG is easily one of the greatest series ever on television.

I didn't think the spin offs were that bad. DSN was solid and Voyager had some good moments. Enterprise was godawful though.

ragingdemon155 said:
Whoa, wait...which original?

The original Star Trek? Or Star Trek TNG...TNG is easily one of the greatest series ever on television.

I didn't think the spin offs were that bad. DSN was solid and Voyager had some good moments. Enterprise was godawful though.

I love TNG a great deal, but it's really a tech-savvy, watered-down, politically-correct version of the "real" Star Trek (often imitated, never duplicated).

But it's seemed more and more, with each successive spin-off, that the creators are tying to sweep TOS under the rug. Enterprise was a joke. "We did everything Kirk did, and we did it first and did it better". Ugh.

That said, Enterprise is a fine prequel for the TNG-verse that all the spin-offs dwell in.

I enjoy the original Star Trek but the TNG cast just had so many more memorable/stronger cast members.

ragingdemon155 said:
I enjoy the original Star Trek but the TNG cast just had so many more memorable/stronger cast members.

The characters were certainly more "developed" and "realistic" (hmmm...sounds familiar), but they're nowhere near as theatrical or well-known or iconic as the original crew.

But, as I said, let's not get into it.

Citizen_Kaine said:
13.jpg

"You were The Chosen One!

It was said that you would destory Joey Q and JMS, not join them!

Bring balance to Marvel Comics, not leave it in ****tiness!"

:up: :up: Lol. Just what I was thinking when I typed it.

Is anyone else gettin' sick of th' word iconic bein' constatnly thrown around these boards? I know I am.

ragingdemon155 said:
What is PAD planning for FNSM after this "Hobgoblin" arc going on right now?

Mysterio,he confirmed it over at the Spider-Man message board.

shinlyle said:
Next, you should put a picture of Anakin saying:

"You're just afraid of CHANGE!!"

"Join me, Luke and we can put stingers on all characters in the Marvel Universe."

Cyclops said:
"Join me, Luke and we can put stingers on all characters in the Marvel Universe."

LOL!!

"I'll never join you!"

"JMS...never told you what happened to your origin....did he?"

ragingdemon155 said:
heh I love that episode.:)

Unfortunately, that episode forever planted the image of Troi and Worf getting it on in my mind. :(

Citizen_Kaine said:
"You were The Chosen One!

It was said that you would destory Joey Q and JMS, not join them!

Bring balance to Marvel Comics, not leave it in ****tiness!"

shinlyle said:
LOL!!

"I'll never join you!"

This has officially become my favorite thread. :D

shinlyle said:
LOL!!

"I'll never join you!"

"Obi-Wan told me that you killed Spider-Man's origin!"

"No, Luke... I fixed Spider-Man's origin. Wasn't mystical enough."

"NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!"

this issue was utter crap from beginning to end. the whole way through it was a giant question mark, but nowhere was i interested in the answer to the question. i just wanted to see hobby again.

instead.. i got Green Goblin Beta 7.0 from 1222 AD.. yea

real awesome...
especially since the art is drawn for pre schoolers.

yea..dropping this

Captivated said:
Later, a tearful Peter and Uncle Ben are at the cemetary. This is where the story hits its first sour note... Ben moans to Peter ""She did the thinking for both of us. I've got no knack for handling money... what little we'd get in. Don't know how I'm going to pay the bills now."

WHAT? HUH? I never pictured Uncle Ben... Mr "with great power comes great responsibility" being such an addled wuss. He's worried that he's too irresponsible to pay the bills?! Right.

I thought about that too, but its a diffrent universe so its not out of character.

Venom Drool said:
this issue was utter crap from beginning to end. the whole way through it was a giant question mark, but nowhere was i interested in the answer to the question. i just wanted to see hobby again.

instead.. i got Green Goblin Beta 7.0 from 1222 AD.. yea

real awesome...
especially since the art is drawn for pre schoolers.

yea..dropping this

Yeah I was hoping it was going to be a better Hobgoblin.:(

Did anyone else catch the jab he took at people that post on message boards being jerks to each other? :p

If you slapped "What If?" in front of the book, it would be a pretty good read, but as is, I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's ok, but I don't dislike it yet. Hobgoblin's dialogue at the end was corny as hell though. I'll have to see what happens next issue to come to a decision.

CrimeMaster! said:
Mysterio,he confirmed it over at the Spider-Man message board.

You never know, after Joe Q and JMS admitting that Spidey sucks now in Wizard... perhaps FNSM's Mysterio arc could be the begining of a possible 'clean up'?, tho prob not as PAD will be writing it and those two c*nts have said they will be doing the cleaning... sheesh.

even if the kooky nutjob came from another universe?

meh - this sounds pretty poor. Its not even that original - its been done before. The one hope that I have for this 'reality warping time travel' stuff is that it might be a way to clean up some of the cr*p storylines recently.

What if the Ben in this story is only 1 of a number of alternate reality Ben parkers? The new Hobgoblin has already implied that that there are multiple versions of spider-man. Ben appeared in the 616 universe pretty easily, perhaps the alternate realities are merging for brief periods.

With this in mind, perhaps Sins past, Morlun and the Other can be explained away. Maybe in one reality Gwen did have sex with Norman and have kids, and they somehow appeared in the 616 universe during one of these brief merge periods - a result of which slightly altered the 616 history to reflect this, Mary Jane suddenly knowing, not saying, the gap during pregnancy etc.

The same sort of thing could be applied to the Morlun to explain why he has no history and appeared from nowhere and perhaps in another reality, Spider-man wasn't bitten by a radioactive spider, he really was powered by the spider-god. somehow these realities have merged and affected the the 616 version of spidey we know.

Maybe I'm clutching at straws, maybe I've been drinking, maybe I just want a return to good spidey stories

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"