BvS How will Ben Affleck stack up against the other Batmen?

Didn't Val Kilmer's Batman use something similar to that at the end of BF when he destroyed Riddler's brain sucking machine?

Sort of. And the lens concept isn't remotely new.

Batman has had multifunction lenses as an explanation for his white eyes since the late eighties/early 90's.

yeah that's same thing I wonder as of how Ironman sees all Interface inside his Helmet .

Didn't Val Kilmer's Batman use something similar to that at the end of BF when he destroyed Riddler's brain sucking machine?

No because that's lens that come down inside the cowl, TDK has that as well. I mean actual glowy contact lenses that he places on his eyes.

Like this?
dedie3.jpg

Obviously, I would brighten it. I want dat glow! Just to see two slits in the dark.

bat_man_by_crow110696-d5hlcjj.jpg

Last edited:
:lmao::pal::applaud Well done, man!

It's come full circle!!!!

Yes it has :haha:

They should do what Greg Capullo is doing with Batman and give him special contact lenses that link up to the batcomputer so he can analyse things without using any special goggles or headgear. They could do that and have them glow at certain parts in the nighttime for effect but when he's doing talking scenes or dramatic scenes the lens light is off so you get to see his eyes normally.

The reason I'd want him to have white-eyes is because it'd dehumanize him further. I think that Goyer should go deep down and try to really dehumanize Batman now after the Dark Knight Trilogy did such an elaborate job showing us his human side.

One of the things I love about Burton's Batman is that that entire world is the stuff of urban-legends, it's as if that's what Batman is in the minds of the people of Gotham. Nolan's Batman, by contrast, is what Batman and his characters really are as they would be in real-life, not urban-legend reflections of the people's imagination. Snyder's Batman, for some reason or the other, I believe will just go and embrace the superhero angle.

But this is a superhero who breathes darkness and is just one step away from becoming the evil he fights on a daily basis. If Snyder successfully shows us the demon-Batman (I'm imagining the Batman those sorry souls in The Narrows experienced under Crane's hallucinogenics), it'd be the next thing best way to reimagine Batman. Not as a Ninja or a Detective with a Super-soldier armour, but as this shadow that falls on you and makes you cry for mommy.

Like y'know, straight on horror stuff.

I'd explain as little about Batman as I can if I were writing this. Let Clark dig it up. Better yet, take some inspiration from Vicky Vale and get Clark's reporter skills the edge he deserves and make him solve the mystery of Bruce Wayne this time -- by going to Gotham (or should that be Lois, again, this time?)

I trust Snyder in his casting; he has an impressive track record. After all, he selected Jackie Earle Haley for Watchmen, which resulted in the best performance in comic book cinema (tied with Ledger's Joker.)

Like this?
dedie3.jpg

This is the kind of Batman I'd expect. Only with y'know, more money thrown in.

I wonder if they'll use tights this time instead of a rubber-suit?

^ This! The terror should be psychological. He should be atmospheric. Batman should be scary even when just talking, walking, or breathing.
Make Batman the terror of terrors, and suddenly the mockers will shut up about Affleck.
tumblr_maf44eglPX1qd0kqao6_1280.png

And have him sound "softer" only when he knows Superman is good or whatever ;)

Exactly... Atmospheric.

Like the night itself.

(after Rorshacach I can't wait to see what Snyder does with his Batman! I'd love to see a line or two about how while Clark gets his powers from the sun, Batman gets his at night or something similar. I dunno. It's bound to happen at some point).

I still don't think that he needs the white pupils ALL the time, only in certain circumstances. And no, they're not going to give him tights. They haven't given any of there other heroes tights in recent years, including MOS Superman. Why would they start now. Tights just look stupid.

Agreed about the lenses and tights. I think that the novelty of seeing the beady eyes will grow old, and tights are outdated. He should have pants, but leathery-kevlarlike ones.

But he should DEFINITELY have an armored suit with massive gauntlets SPECIFICALLY for fighting Superman.

He should have his regular Batsuit the rest of the time.

I like that, multiple Bat-suits. I miss that from Batman movies.

No when I said tights I meant tight body-hugging material, the stuff they use for nearly every other superhero movie, like Supes and Spidey.

^ I want SOME body-hugging material. But I want the chest area and knee area to be PADDED a bit, with SOME plating around the insignia portion. But I want the costume to be 90 percent fabric. I don't want a flimsy looking suit, but I don't want to see another rubber suit on the character.

The Superman armor should TOTALLY be metal and mechanized a bit. But it wouldn't be suitable for fighting regular criminals (too dangerous).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"