BvS How will Ben Affleck stack up against the other Batmen?

iGiFF

Civilian
Reaction score
Here are all the Batman actors through the years, now including Affleck.
http://www.imdb.com/list/t1K3QTIIK-o/

How do you think Affleck will do performance wise, compared to the other actors who have played Batman? I have a really good feeling about Affleck, I think he has potential to be the best Bruce Wayne/Batman actor so far.

Under Snyder's direction, he's gonna give us the best on screen Batman ever. I'm sure of it.

I think he has the potential to be the best one yet. Bale was the only one I liked anyway so it shouldn't be too hard.

I think he will be the greatest live-action Batman EVER. Affleck is a badass and a really good actor. Plus, WB wanted to adapt the Arkham games into the big screen. More than likely, Affleck will be playing that version of Batman. So we have a great badass actor who will be playing the coolest version of Batman.

I don't really care if he's the best Batman ever (tall order with TDK trilogy), but I am pretty damn sure I'm going to love it.

Under Snyder's direction, he's gonna give us the best on screen Batman ever. I'm sure of it.

No matter what the writing is, no matter how the storyline simplistic it is, I'm CERTAIN he's gonna give us the most aesthetically comic-accurate Batman in live action. It'll be a great interpretation of Batman, I think, even if the movie isn't that good.

But if Ben has a say in the script, that should help tremendously.

I think he might be the tallest guy to play Batman...

I don't think the competition is that great honestly. I still like Val Kilmer the most to be honest. I love Bale as an actor but he wasn't great or unbeatable performance wise which still surprises me because I thought I'd like his performance more when he was cast. I think Affleck will at least be decent. I definately agree that Batman will probably be more Batmany and visually look the best.

Last edited:
bale's bats was average, his bruce wayne was the best; keaton's was the best batman, but his bruce wayne was, eccentric. val was pretty even keel, which why i think he was the overall best. clooney's was... unfortunate.

having seen enough of him recently, i think his bruce wayne will be better then keaton's, even with val's but not as good as bale's with all that said it'll come down to the writing. i think he's got the potential to be a good batman, doing the maf, i think he'll be the best one yet.

he'll probably be the most comicbook accurate interpretation of the character in live action form to date.

I think he might be, under Snyder direction, the most accurate yet less exciting/intense Batman ever.

I think he may end up being the best we've had so far. He will definitely kill the Bruce Wayne role, and as Batman he'll be the most intimidating physically we've ever had. Putting him next to Superman always makes Batman look cooler as well, especially since they've said he'll be more experienced and seasoned than Superman.

Bale supplied the best (current) onscreen interpretation of Bruce Wayne. Keaton was the best Batman because of the physical presence he assumed and his eyes. His eyes...

Here are all the Batman actors through the years, now including Affleck.
http://www.imdb.com/list/t1K3QTIIK-o/

How do you think Affleck will do performance wise, compared to the other actors who have played Batman? I have a really good feeling about Affleck, I think he has potential to be the best Bruce Wayne/Batman actor so far.

Performance-wise, he'll be great just as long as he loses the Boston accent and transcend beyond Ben Affleck in a costume to Batman. It's audience reception is what we should all worry about. For the fans like people here and me, it would be welcomed just as long as he gives a good performance faithful to the character.

However ther's the other folk, the General Audience and Public. Going by Amazing Spider-Man's reception, even when 2015 arrives, Nolan's Bat Trilogy would still have a lot of hold on the GA and many would still be saying "It's too soon!, Bale's the true Batman!" etc just like with Raimi's Spider-Man. There are still plenty of Bale-purists/Nolanites who don't really realise that Bale wasn't that great and perhaps was a little overrated and would continue to look at the Bat-Trilogy with nostalgic rose-tinted glasses. Just the other day I was repeatedly scolded, reprimanded and yelled at by several friends when I was feeling these feelings which were summed up in these songs:

[YT]Eo-KmOd3i7s[/YT]

[YT]3GwjfUFyY6M[/YT]

[YT]uSD4vsh1zDA[/YT]

[YT]dmUtqBF_YZY[/YT]

All after saying Bale's overrated and that Affleck would be a fantastic Batman and better than Bale and more faithful to the character.

So Affleck would continue to be compared to Christian Bale for many years to come, even when the new Batman solo movie arrives which I imagine would be approximately 10 years or more since TDK.

Poor guy.

Bale was amazing. My favourite interpretation of the character, without question, and of course the most talented actor to handle the role. It's a tough ask to beat the man commonly referred to as the greatest actor of the generation.

That said, after my days of shock and fear, I'm now really looking forward to Affleck. I think combining him with Snyder will give us the coolest looking live-action Batman ever (and the tallest), and the prospect of an Affleck written and directed solo flick is something to be excited about.

At this point, it's too early to predict how Affleck will stack up against the other Batmen, but he certainly has the talent to pull off an excellent performance, especially if he's got strong material to work with.

Bale was amazing. My favourite interpretation of the character, without question, and of course the most talented actor to handle the role. It's a tough ask to beat the man commonly referred to as the greatest actor of the generation.

I'm sorry but who calls Bale the greatest actor of the generation?

Affleck is a better director than Snyder. I would be more confidence if he was directing the movie.

Truly there hasn't been a perfect Bat-actor in my opinion.

Keaton was good, Bale was good. But I have no great love for either of them. Clooney and Kilmer suffered from obvious horrors. Adam West's attempt is far too dated and childish.

Affleck doesn't have much to compete with when it comes to being Bruce Wayne/Batman. He stands a solid shot of impressing me. But there have been great Batman films. So when it comes to making the films themselves someone's gotta step it up.

Truly there hasn't been a perfect Bat-actor in my opinion.

Keaton was good, Bale was good. But I have no great love for either of them. Clooney and Kilmer suffered from obvious horrors. Adam West's attempt is far too dated and childish.

Affleck doesn't have much to compete with when it comes to being Bruce Wayne/Batman. But there have been great Batman films. So when it comes to making the films themselves someone's gotta step it up.

I think he might be, under Snyder direction, the most accurate yet less exciting/intense Batman ever.

Heh, classic Snyder.

Honestly, I'm ready to believe he'll be right below Bale. His competition other than Bale isn't that great, imo (yeah, I didn't like Keaton that much).

I'm sorry but who calls Bale the greatest actor of the generation?

Over the years, most media outlets, most film critics, most fans, several directors and producers and actors have also said it. Robert Duvall brings him up a lot, Spielberg once commented on it.

Etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"