BvS The emerging WB DCU - how will Superman fit in?

Tobias

Sidekick
Reaction score
It looks as if the CBN story may have some truth to it. Its being piked up now in a number of places.

If true, it points to something like this - projecting from the info in the story and assuming its accurate:

Batman/Affleck and whomever they cast as Lex Luthor are getting mega-picture deals. 6 - 13 films.

Batman and Lex are supposedly going to be appearing across the board in DCU films. Not starring necessarily, but cameos at least.

Why? I'd say to tie the DCU together and give the other films a boost.

With Affleck we get a close to A level actor (B+?).

Was such a prominent casting a fluke? Maybe not if Damon comes on board for JL as expected/rumored.

Damon is an A level actor and this would signal a new direction for WB with there CBMs. Really a new direction overall with CBMs in terms of casting the lead role.

The casting for the rest of the JL will be interesting and exciting if they all turn out to be Damon caliber actors. Also if Damon gets a mega-picture deal too.

How does this play out after JL? Aside from JL2 and JL3.

Assuming JL is huge WB will likely take the character/actor who audience tests the best - leaving Affleck aside as he will have his solo Batman film thing going, and give them a semi-solo.

Say Flash wins the audiences over. They do Flash but include Batman and/or Lex in some capacity in the film. If the film does well, who knows what that will be for WB then - a billion, then Flash gets a real solo a few years down the road.

In the meantime JL2 has come out and the next popular actor/character after Batman and Flash, get the Flash treatment.

Its a tall order and it means WB would probably have to do a CBM every 2 years but it looks like that would be required to sustain the effort.

Where does Superman fit into this? Hard to say.

He isn't going to be driving the movie DCU like Batman, but will he be relegated to just one of the others waiting for the JL film in which he wins the audience test to get his next film?

Or will Superman take on a secondary role to Batman but a superior role to the rest of the JL in this film universe?

Its interesting that Luthor may appear in more WB CBM films going forward than Superman based on the rumored plans.

Its great if WB goes the A list actor path for the members of the JL. The only concern is that Cavill is not an A list actor and how would he fare in a sea of them? We don't know and it may put Superman at a disadvantage in JL.

At least with Batman vs Superman coming first Cavill will get the chance to grow in the role. But I am going to be a bit jealous if JL is cast with very popular A list actors while WB did not do that for MOS.

Interested to hear your thoughts on this.

Will Batman and Luthor be the foundation for the film universe?

How will Superman fit in?

Is WB up for this?

Last edited:
atNvAkW.gif

Superman will be the hot one. And even if they don't do a bunch of solo MOS films (I hope we get at least one more, and a Trinity film, for that matter), I suspect that we'll get to see Superman in a few of the other films.

Honestly, I don't see any of the actors that portray the MAJOR DC heroes appearing in more than 7 films.

So if you were to go with three JL films and three solo films, that would use up their 6 picture deal.

And I'd like to see Henry's take on Superman have some type of conclusion before moving on with a new story with a new actor.

Honestly, I don't see any of the actors that portray the MAJOR DC heroes appearing in more than 7 films.

So if you were to go with three JL films and three solo films, that would use up their 6 picture deal.

And I'd like to see Henry's take on Superman have some type of conclusion before moving on with a new story with a new actor.

I think Cavill's performance in WF is critical to his playing Superman after that.

He didn't set the world on fire in MOS - largely not his fault but it is what it is.

If WB is paying the big bucks to bring in A list actors like Damon for JL, its because the film has to be huge. It'll be going up against Avengers 3.

If Cavill does not really blow it out in WF, WB may cut him and bring in a very popular actor in the role for JL. As they've done with Affleck and apparently Damon.

For WB it's all about JL being the biggest film of 2015 and they seem willing to spend beaucoup bucks insure that happens.

Last edited:
:doh:

Broken rec..br-o-k-e
brok

broken, bro, brok

BROKEN RECORD.

I think Cavill's performance in WF is critical to his playing Superman after that.

He didn't set the world on fire in MOS - largely not his fault but it is what it is.

If WB is paying the big bucks to bring in A list actors like Damon for JL, its because the film has to be huge. It'll be going up against Avengers 3.

If Cavill does not really blow it out in WF, WB may cut him and bring in a very popular actor in the role for JL. As they've done with Affleck and apparently Damon.

For WB it's all about JL being the biggest film of 2015 and they seem willing to spend beaucoup bucks to do that.
:huh:he sure as hell did everyone here and majority thought he was fantastic as kal el and was born to play superman he gave such a great performance

even people who hated film said superman actor was awesome

:huh:he sure as hell did everyone here and majority thought he was fantastic as kal el and was born to play superman he gave such a great performance

even people who hated film said superman actor was awesome

Its not what you think or I think, its what WB thinks. THR article listed one of WB's reasons for bringing Affleck on board that wasn't flattering to Cavill. I'm just saying.

I read the article. I had to. Because you posted it a dozen times. There's a difference in what they said and acting like Cavill is fighting to keep his job.

I've never seen a poster where half of his post counts are either repeated postings or copy/paste from 4-5 different other threads.

I read the article. I had to. Because you posted it a dozen times. There's a difference in what they said and acting like Cavill is fighting to keep his job.

I didn't say that. His performance n WF is very important to WB if the thing in the article is true and that is how WB feels. Think about it.

He didn't set the world on fire in MOS - largely not his fault but it is what it is..

I'm sorry but the dude is on the Hollywood radar. He's already headling a major WB feature and CNN takes the time to tell us who he's dating. He made a statement and people have taken noticed.

You didn't like the film, that's fine, but be a little reasonable.

Batman/Affleck and whomever they cast as Lex Luthor are getting mega-picture deals. 6 - 13 films.

Yeah right. What a load of bull****.

If Warner was smart. They would invest money and creative talent to the Flash and Arrow show....so they can incorporate them into a JL movie. Or at least Flash.

I'm sorry but the dude is on the Hollywood radar. He's already headling a major WB feature and CNN takes the time to tell us who he's dating. He made a statement and people have taken noticed.

You didn't like the film, that's fine, but be a little reasonable.

This.

I thought having a World's Finest film and a Justice League film depends on Man of Steel. Neither of those things would happen without MOS.

Henry Cavill was great as Superman and if WB felt he didn't set the world on fire, they'd have recast the role.

It's not how Superman will fit in it, but how central his role should be.

If this is true about Ben Affleck getting a multiple picture deal as Batman, then they better do the same for Henry Cavill as Superman.

where will Superman fit? Well.....lets see here.....his was the first movie that the rest is being built on........I'd say he'll be the Iron Man of the DCCU.....and he's got a better reason to pop up in other heroes movies since he's a reporter ;) he can just show up and looking into the other heroes story and what not....makes more sense than Tony showing up at the end of the Incredible Hulk cause he's the Shield's consultant lol

Its not what you think or I think, its what WB thinks. THR article listed one of WB's reasons for bringing Affleck on board that wasn't flattering to Cavill. I'm just saying.
Yep and they announced he was coming back about 33 days of release.
And ,
they made that announcement before letting the world know about their plans to include Batman in the sequel.
WB obviously believes that Cavill is key to their plans

where will Superman fit? Well.....lets see here.....his was the first movie that the rest is being built on........I'd say he'll be the Iron Man of the DCCU.....and he's got a better reason to pop up in other heroes movies since he's a reporter ;) he can just show up and looking into the other heroes story and what not....makes more sense than Tony showing up at the end of the Incredible Hulk cause he's the Shield's consultant lol
Iron Man of the DCCU.
Absolutely 100%Correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"