Justice League How would you feel about John Stewart amd Wally West instead of Hal and Barry?

I dont care who is on the lineup as long as they dont use john and wally over hal and barry. because I dont see a way they can do a spin off with john and wally

Yeah leave Cyborg for comics or Teen Titans.

Hal Jordan, id say "exclusive to Justice League" but i would at least not throw him into any solos until the JLA movies are finished. 2 JL movies. When the decade is up launch a solo Green Lantern with the same actor playing Hal, he passes the torch at the end of the movie to a man by the name of John Stewart. Launch 1 solo flick with John. DONE.

Barry Allen for JL's movies and his own of course. I can see the origin story. and maybe a sequel if his first movie does really well.

I wouldn't be pissed as long as I enjoy the portrayals, but I'd prefer Barry and Hal.

With Cyborg, they could use him in one movie, include a reference to Robin but not include him (or put him in a solo Batman movie), then send Cyborg off to a Titans series along with Beast Boy, Starfire, and Raven.

I wouldn't be pissed as long as I enjoy the portrayals, but I'd prefer Barry and Hal.

With Cyborg, they could use him in one movie, include a reference to Robin but not include him (or put him in a solo Batman movie), then send Cyborg off to a Titans series along with Beast Boy, Starfire, and Raven.

But after running with the Justice League, do you really think that Cyborg would want to settle with the Teen Titans who are nowhere close to the same league? (heh see what I did there?) I say use him in one or the other but not both. Unless if he serves as a cameo in JL to lead up to TT.

But after running with the Justice League, do you really think that Cyborg would want to settle with the Teen Titans who are nowhere close to the same league? (heh see what I did there?) I say use him in one or the other but not both. Unless if he serves as a cameo in JL to lead up to TT.

Cyborg's not a jerk. So I don't imagine him, a superhero, refusing to help someone because he thinks he's too good for the group.

Yeah leave Cyborg for comics or Teen Titans.

Hal Jordan, id say "exclusive to Justice League" but i would at least not throw him into any solos until the JLA movies are finished. 2 JL movies. When the decade is up launch a solo Green Lantern with the same actor playing Hal, he passes the torch at the end of the movie to a man by the name of John Stewart. Launch 1 solo flick with John. DONE.

Barry Allen for JL's movies and his own of course. I can see the origin story. and maybe a sequel if his first movie does really well.

Wouldn't work.
John Stewart can't hold a solo.
The only GLs able to do that is Hal Jordan and Kyle Rayner. But ofcourse they need to majorly retcon Kyle is he has a solo. And Emerald Twilight needs to tie into Justice League, which is such an abomination, I don't think it would ever be done.

Also, the whole Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, Cyborg and Dick Grayson combo wouldn't work. It hasn't been like that for like a decade or so already. Everyone has grown up from being teens and gone to do greater things.

Also, the whole Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, Cyborg and Dick Grayson combo wouldn't work. It hasn't been like that for like a decade or so already. Everyone has grown up from being teens and gone to do greater things.

That's comics. This is movies.

Movies are influenced by comics. There is a reason why the original members of Avengers like wasp and antman wasn't chosen to be in the movie.

I wouldn't mind Stewart or West at all but Geoff Johns would.

Geoff Johns grew up with Wally West and Kyle Rayner. Geoff Johns wrote Wally West as the flash for years. You made it sound like Geoff Johns wanted to kick them to the side because he is the mastermind and wanna do things his way.
This is a corporate decision made by people above all of them. Its obvious whats happening in the comics is because there has been a plan to translate that to the movies. Its impossible to do a movie with Wally West as the Flash. Attempts have been tried but it has failed.
John Stewart as Green Lantern would be the biggest mistake and it would probably not happen.

Geoff Johns grew up with Wally West and Kyle Rayner. Geoff Johns wrote Wally West as the flash for years. You made it sound like Geoff Johns wanted to kick them to the side because he is the mastermind and wanna do things his way.
This is a corporate decision made by people above all of them. Its obvious whats happening in the comics is because there has been a plan to translate that to the movies. Its impossible to do a movie with Wally West as the Flash. Attempts have been tried but it has failed.
John Stewart as Green Lantern would be the biggest mistake and it would probably not happen.

Um, no. If it were a corporate decision to bring back Hal and Barry and give them emphasis, Geoff wouldn't be crapping on Kyle and Wally with almost maniacal glee. I don't buy it, not with Geoff Johns being as near the inner circle as he is.

Movies are influenced by comics. There is a reason why the original members of Avengers like wasp and antman wasn't chosen to be in the movie.

You mean movies are not exactly like comics which is WHY antman and wasp arent included. If they were, they would have went with the original lineup. They can bring Hawkeye, Black Widow, Spider-Man, Black Panther into the team and it wouldnt make a difference because it's not the comics. If they had their way they would stick Marvel characters in the lineup that never even appeared in the comic version of Avengers.

If they do Teen Titans, they will act like they are teens and it's the beginning of each of these heroes.

Because Edgar Wright didn't make the movie in time. Robin, Cyborg, Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy were Teen Titans in the comics...

Um, no. If it were a corporate decision to bring back Hal and Barry and give them emphasis, Geoff wouldn't be crapping on Kyle and Wally with almost maniacal glee. I don't buy it, not with Geoff Johns being as near the inner circle as he is.

He wrote on Wally West for YEARS. YEARS. You have no idea how critically acclaimed his Flash run was with Wally West. He only wrote Barry Allen for 12 issues. It would not make any ****ing sense to send bring Barry Allen back because all the great stuff he did was with Wally West and bringing Barry Allen back would do him no favors.

You mean movies are not exactly like comics which is WHY antman and wasp arent included. If they were, they would have went with the original lineup. They can bring Hawkeye, Black Widow, Spider-Man, Black Panther into the team and it wouldnt make a difference because it's not the comics. If they had their way they would stick Marvel characters in the lineup that never even appeared in the comic version of Avengers.

If they do Teen Titans, they will act like they are teens and it's the beginning of each of these heroes.

What are you talking about? I meant to say what I said. Movies are influenced by the comics. How the cast was chosen was probably shaped by the last few years of how Avengers was shaped in Marvel. Hawkeye and Black Widow has been tagged along with Avengers far more than Wasp and Antman. Spider-Man was in New Avengers and they do not have the rights to Spider-man. Black Panther was not as involved in Avengers as compared to both Hawkeye and Black Widow.

How is Geoff crapping on Kyle? Kyle still has his own book and is still treated as the special little snowflake like always. Wally got the shaft. But Johns wasn't responsible for that. Francis Manapul has a story for Wally in his Flash book that he's waiting for Didio to give him the go ahead on. Didio, not Johns.

What are you talking about? I meant to say what I said. Movies are influenced by the comics. How the cast was chosen was probably shaped by the last few years of how Avengers was shaped in Marvel. Hawkeye and Black Widow has been tagged along with Avengers far more than Wasp and Antman. Spider-Man was in New Avengers and they do not have the rights to Spider-man. Black Panther was not as involved in Avengers as compared to both Hawkeye and Black Widow.

Yes, but theyre not the comics they have the freedom to do what they want. I was more or less responding to what u said about Teen Titans and how it cant work because theyve grown up. But its not the comics, in the film world theyll start it from scratch. Yes its based off the comics but if they want to throw in a character thats never appeared in the Avengers..ever...they will do it.

Yes, but theyre not the comics they have the freedom to do what they want. I was more or less responding to what u said about Teen Titans and how it cant work because theyve grown up. But its not the comics, in the film world theyll start it from scratch. Yes its based off the comics but if they want to throw in a character thats never appeared in the Avengers..ever...they will do it.

I didn't really say its was because they've grown up. But more of the fact that they've not been in the titans universe for a long time.
Dick went on to be Batman and got very involved in the Batman universe. Even after Dick stopped being Batman, Nightwing was still very involved in Gotham and not so much in the titans universe.
Starfire went to join the league but quit because she can't stand the fact that Dick broke her heart. Then she went on to REBELS. Now she is with the outlaws. Her adventures ranged from mystical beings, to gotham crime fighting to space adventures. Never once was she associated with the titans.
Cyborg also joined the league like years ago. Infact Cyborg was so intrically linked to Justice League that he was selected as one of the members to join the Superfriends cast on TV. That was way before Teen Titans appeared on TV.
Beast Boy and Raven are probably the only ones that still stuck around in the titans universe.
Even Red Arrow who is part of the original team, did his own thing, got married and joined the league.
Same with Donna Troy and Wally West.
Many of them are not part of the titans universe for a long time now and the focus on titans have been Tim, Bart, Conner, Cassie, Rose, Kid Devil, Miss Martian. Only Beast Boy and Raven still stucked with the titans for god knows what reasons.
Thats why even the animated series, Young Justice have taken references from this new generation of Teen Titans. Raven, Starfire and Cyborg did not even appear in Young Justice at all.

Outside of the comics, John's always been a success. Outside of the comics, Hal's known for a colossal failure. **** Hal. I like Barry & I also like Wally. Doesn't matter who they use but I'd love to see John & Wally in live action like they were in JLU. Good times just don't mention the speed force. Hal's mask looks dumb in live action anyways.

Last edited:
Outside of the comics, John's always been a success. Outside of the comics, Hal's known for a colossal failure.

Except for SUPERFRIENDS and SUPER POWERS, JLA: THE NEW FRONTIER, FIRST FLIGHT, EMERALD KNIGHTS, CRISIS ON TWO EARTHS, JUSTICE LEAGUE: DOOM, JL animated, BRAVE AND THE BOLD...

Why is there such a Hal v. John deal? Yes, we are fanboys and girls, but why is this is the case? John and Hal have always been presented as separate but equal.....

Except for SUPERFRIENDS and SUPER POWERS, JLA: THE NEW FRONTIER, FIRST FLIGHT, EMERALD KNIGHTS, CRISIS ON TWO EARTHS, JUSTICE LEAGUE: DOOM, JL animated, BRAVE AND THE BOLD...
To the mainstream he's the guy w/the movie that flopped hard

To the mainstream he's the guy w/the movie that flopped hard

To comics fan, he is the guy with the movie that "flopped". Comic fans are so obsessed over sh** like that.
To the mainstream, he is the guy with the movie that is average. John is the guy that didn't have the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"