Justice League How would you feel about John Stewart amd Wally West instead of Hal and Barry?

Yes Id be very happy if Wally and John were used. Wallys personality will probably stolen and tranposed onto Barry already...

The Justice League series is probably my favorite tv show ever so obviously Id love that team. The JL lineup imo would be perfect for film, just replace Shayera with Aquaman, and save MM for an alien related sequel

I definitely think this movie needs a likeable black action hero and I think John is the perfect choice for that

IGN also stated that John Stewart has gone from "semi-obscurity in the mainstream to absolute recognition" thanks to his starring role in the acclaimed Justice League cartoons.
Yep. That show was awesome. The JL on those shows was the most critically acclaimed one ever in animation. There were probably some Hal fans who didn't like that they used John on that show. Show turned out to be awesome & he was awesome in it. If they used him in the movie you'd have a few of the Hal fans complaining again, but if the movie turns out good the complaints won't matter again.

They need to distance this movie as much as they can from Hal's horrible failure. They gotta act as if that garbage doesn't exist. They can use John and just make sure to have him do some really cool stuff and say some cool stuff to make the GA want to see more of him in a solo flick. Make a good solo flick and then they can have a successful GL franchise. I'm thinking they could still use Common like they were talking about before they went w/Hal Jordan & megafailed. Heard he's pretty good on ''Hell on Wheels”

No way do I want Stewart or West in the JL before Hal and Barry.Nah-uh.Ain't gonna happen.:nono:

Does not change the fact the john had key roles in the past 12 years,i could come with replies and major things john has done has well.
Example john helped stop anti-monitor or slowed him down,etc...

Last edited:
Here some major events John stewart was in the last 12 years

Sinestro Corps War

In the Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps Special, the Green Lantern Corps are attacked by Bedovian, the sniper of the Sinestro Corps, who is capable of taking out a target from three sectors away, all from the inside of a red SUN EATER. After Bedovian takes out several Green Lanterns, John Stewart uses his power ring as a scoped sniper rifle to track the nearby sectors. He eventually discovers Bedovian's hiding spot and shoots him.

Green Lantern: Rebirth
With the return of Hal Jordan and the Guardians, the Corps has been reorganized. Each sector of space now has two Green Lanterns assigned to it, and Stewart and Jordan now share regular duty for Earth’s sector, 2814. After the dissolution of the Justice League in the aftermath of the events depicted in the 2004 miniseries Identity Crisis, and the destruction of their Watchtower headquarters on the moon, Stewart has begun playing a larger role in metahuman affairs, working with many former Justice Leaguers.

In Justice League of America vol. 2, #7, he and Wonder Woman designed one of the League’s new headquarters, The Hall. John later resumes his role as the League's resident Green Lantern upon Hal Jordan's request.

War of the Green Lanterns
JOHN DETROYS MOGO

Blackest Night
When John visits the grave of planet Xanshi, thousands of black rings fly into the planetary debris, and reconstitute the entire planet. Xanshi itself then speaks to John, telling him "I can help you save them." Against his better judgment, John descends to the planet's surface. Once reaching the surface, John finds himself confronted by Katma Tui and the entire population of Xanshi as Black Lanterns. While battling them all, Katma tries to weaken John by claiming that he caused the planet's destruction. However, John, spurred on by Fatality's words, says that he wasn't the cause of it all and successfully fights off the Black Lanterns.] After escaping Xanshi's atmosphere, John realises that the planet is headed for Earth, along with every Black Lantern in the universe, and contacts Hal, warning him of the impending threat. Later, John is saved by combined efforts of the various Lanterns corps, who had just arrived to battle the Black Lanterns.

Trinity
Stewart appears in the Trinity series. He is the one to first attack the alien creature Konvikt, but when he's on the verge of defeating him, his concentration suddenly snaps, and starts muttering incoherently in binary code. A moment later, he spontaneously generates complex weapons from his body, by means unrelated to his ring. Later, he attempts to overexert himself to know how he generated those weapons by running a brutal training session against holographic Qwardian Thunderers, which does not work. He later shows Firestorm the machinery used to monitor the Cosmic Egg imprisoning Krona, but as he leaves again, he suffers from a relapse and start generating knives from his uniform, and it is revealed the entire system is broken.

Sinestro Corps War
The Sinestro Corps and the Manhunters invade Earth. The Cyborg Superman and Superboy-Prime attack Superman, while Hal confronts Parallax, who has possessed Kyle Rayner, just before the latter is about to kill Hal's family. John orders Guy to retrieve a painting by Kyle Rayner's mother. When Parallax absorbs Hal inside himself, John looks on with sudden shock. Guy returns and shoves the painting into Parallax's eyesight, allowing Hal to use it to help Kyle overcome his fears and expel Parallax. Now in its original form, Parallax is then contained by Ganthet and Sayd within the Power Batteries of Hal, John, Guy, and Kyle. Ganthet and Sayd then reveal that they are no longer Guardians. Ganthet gives Kyle a new power ring and asks Kyle to become a Green Lantern again, to which he agrees. The four then race off to finish the fight. At Guy Gardner's suggestion, John and the other Lanterns use Warworld as a gigantic grenade, badly wounding the Anti-Monitor, who is then thrown into space by Superboy-Prime.

Worlds Collide
After a massive battle between the JLA and the Shadow Cabinet, John chooses to stay with the League despite many of its members choosing to leave. After Kimiyo Hoshi goes missing while tracking down Shadow Thief, John blackmails the armored vigilante Hardware into helping the team track her down. The League arrives in the Himalayas, discovering Kimiyo and Superman's friend Icon engaged in a fierce battle with the cosmic vampire known as Starbreaker. The JLA defeats Starbreaker, and John takes a leave of absence to go to Xanshi.

# In Green Lantern (vol. 4) #26, it was shown that John's willpower exceeds the limit of his ring (when he tried to recreate a planet from scratch), a feat that had not been depicted before this point.

# John is a discharged member of the USMC with full combat training. In addition, he is an expert sniper.

# When he temporarily used Indigo-1's ring as a member of the Indigo Tribe, John was capable of accessing the powers of all Lantern Corps rings in his vicinity, even managing to harness the power of the Black Lantern Corps by drawing on the residual Black Lantern energy around Mogo's core. John is not shown to be significantly affected by the Indigo Ring's mind altering capabilities, although this could be because he was already capable of feeling compassion.

As well as his obvious powers as a Lantern, John has recently begun to demonstrate an ability to kill when he is certain the situation requires it, destroying Mogo in order to save the universe from the army of Krona-controlled Green Lanterns that Mogo would have created and later killing a fellow Lantern who was about to give in to torture and reveal vital information to their enemies.

# Stewart was briefly taught by Ganthet on how to reroute his mind to think in the 'language of the spheres'- the first language of the universe- to evade telepathic detection by Fernus, the 'Burning Martian' identity of the Martian Manhunter; although the intensity of this method meant that John couldn't use it for more than a minute without burning his mind out, it has never been specified if this means that he cannot use it again or if he could use it at some future date if enough time has elapsed since his last use of it.

# Like all Green Lanterns, Stewart's personality affects his ring's creations, giving them a solid, architectural quality. In Green Lantern: Rebirth, Hal Jordan remarks that "everything John builds is solid". He also remarked that Stewart is the best flyer in the Corps.

# Indomitable Will: John Stewart's willpower exceeds the limit on his Green Lantern Power Ring.

# Compassion: John has the ability to feel great compassion to such a degree, he can successfully use an Indigo Tribe Power Ring and an Indigo Tribe Power Staff.

* Green Lantern Ring Mastery: As noted by many, Stewart's constructs are never hollow. He builds them from the inside out, down to the last nut and bolt.

* Architect: John is an accomplished architect having had a hand in building the new Hall of Justice as well as rebuilding Coast City.

* Marine Training

* Flight Combat Expert

Last edited:
Of course some of those events John stewart was in was not in the last 12 years,just reminding folks what he is could do has well.

Anyway i did not list all the major events he was in the past 12 years,but you folks get the point.
The point is someone said above and i will not mention any names, that he was not a major player in the dc comics in the last 12 years, but he was a major player in the past 12 years and still is,that' my point and of course all the earth lanterns ARE main lanterns,but JOHN IS THE MOST INTERESTING and the best to me.

Everybody has their favorites or favorite superheroes and they will bring up those things they like,no different here,so it's useless changing any minds.

To some supergirl is better then superman,or wonder woman etc etc..
So that's all i have to say about that,and i will just leave this alone in this thread.

HAS FOR RANKING IF IT TOOK PLACE IN a place were most folks look like JOHN IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN JOHN RANKING WOULD BE HIGHER.

Comics etc in the U.S. IS BOUGHT MOSTLY BY CERTAIN TYPES OF FOLK most often and those types are ask the most on who they like etc.. plus they outnumber other groups in the u.s., it reminds me of american idol,SO let's not pretend we don't know who it is.

If The U.S. was more females like over 70% believe me you will have females voting for supergirl or wonder woman has their favorite or other female superheroes more closer to top or at the top.

Everyone has a bias,no point pretending this does not not happen.

It's like ASKING OR VOTING ON what civilization was greater in europe?rome or greece,AND WHICH ONE IS YOUR FAVORITE.
Some would say rome,others would say greece.

I WOULD SAY GREECE WAS GREATER,BUT ROME WAS MORE ADVANCED THEN ANCIENT GREECE.

Last edited:
yeah sure lol the response in this thread speaks volume and who is the iconic GL of this day and age hint it is'nt john

who played gl in the film and who is gl in the jl script?not john either

Because they trying to make up for lost time when hal died so they feel they have to push him to public again,plus they are pushing now again in the mainstream u.s. certain types of heroes of a certain look if you know what i mean.

That's why folks of color have to push there own created superheroes/comics first,because the mainstream created ones in the u.s. created by those outside of your group could easy pull the rug under your feet or destroy black panther's homeland.

John was doing fine,there was no need to bring hal back,he was dead.
He's back so we have deal with it.

I STILL LIKE HAL -GREEN LANTERN BETTER THEN SUPERMAN,IN FACT I LIKE ALL THE MAJOR LANTERNS BETTER THEN SUPERMAN or BATMAN.

Anyway john is being shown now in young justice and hopefully he will be in the green lantern animated series,THE NEXT GREEN LANTERN MOVIE/S OR IN A JUSTICE LEAGUE MOVIE/S DOWN THE ROAD.
YOU could have two or more green lanterns in the justice league.
You see it in comics

First let me get this out of the way.
JOHN is green lantern
HAL is green lantern
KYLE is green lantern
GUY is green lantern.

THE ICONIC gl is the one that you like the best and is you favorite so nobody is changing any minds here.

At the end of the day all of them are important and are main lanterns.

Last edited:
i just think hal is a stronger character most people find john kind of boring and hal's origins and gallery of enemies and allies is just stronger for a film

hal does have a nemeses and a love interest thats a studio's wet dream for a super hero film

john is more stoic while hal these day is more charismatic and likeable

You know what I just thought about? If they use John Stewart in the movie, they'd probably have to take some time to explain how there is more than one Green Lantern since people will probably still be thinking about the 2011 movie.

On one of the Justice League episodes on YouTube someone was asking how Kyle and John were both human and both Green Lanterns at the same time because the person thought that the different human Lanterns were from different time periods in DC storylines. This could be a problem if most of the GA has the same thoughts.

Maybe it'd be best to just give Hal the Hulk treatment and use him in the team up movie ignoring how his standalone movie did. They'll just have to make the character extra likeable and give him a significant role in the plot.

If Hal weren't to be used, I don't think they'd bother explaining it. That would link them to the failure of the 2011 film, and let's face it. Not many people went to see Green Lantern. It flopped, and they'll be wanting Justice League to at least be pulling the numbers that Batman does.

I imagine Hal will be given a completely clean slate.

yeah sure lol the response in this thread speaks volume and who is the iconic GL of this day and age hint it is'nt john

who played gl in the film and who is gl in the jl script?not john either
The response in this thread means nothing. It's the response Hal DIDN'T get from the GA that matters. That speaks volumes. He's iconic to comic readers only. It's not like Hal's a mega star like Batman or Spiderman. He's not even IronMan level. Blade has more star power. Hal can easily be replaced and the GA wouldn't give a ****. The only people calling for more Hal are his fans & some of them even liked that piece of **** movie so they probably don't have a clue about what's best for the franchise. GA don't give a rat's ash about him. Time to wipe the slate clean and start over. Hal has no box office power. No point in repeating the same dumbass mistake. They've made more than enough already. Hal again would be DCs Ghost Rider 2. Don't do it

Last edited:
sorry but hal is better for film like i have said many of times he is everything a studio wants in a super hero character for film

likable, charismatic,can be funny and serious

has a strong emotional origin and story arc with overcoming fear and the death of his father

takes up his true calling as a hero he in a lot of ways is like james t kirk from ST Reboot a slacker who doesn't see his true calling but in the end becomes the hero he as always meant to be

has a nemesis in sinestro a love interest in carol ferris even has best friend and confidant

has his own city he defends

jon stewart brings none of this to the table it is not even close

The only problem I think John has is he has always been portrayed as being very stoic. Plus, to my recall, he doesn't really have a love interest and I think you need that for a movie.

I think John would be good for an ensemble movie like Justice League where he could play the straight man. It would be good to see him interacting with someone like Wally.

I don't agree he couldn't as a character carry the movie alone, but there would have to be some changes made.

sorry but hal is better for film like i have said many of times he is everything a studio wants in a super hero character for film

likable, charismatic,can be funny and serious

has a strong emotional origin and story arc with overcoming fear and the death of his father

takes up his true calling as a hero he in a lot of ways is like james t kirk from ST Reboot a slacker who doesn't see his true calling but in the end becomes the hero he as always meant to be

has a nemesis in sinestro a love interest in carol ferris even has best friend and confidant

has his own city he defends

jon stewart brings none of this to the table it is not even close
And again, w/all those things Hal had, the movie was an extremely expensive waste of time & money. The studio made the wrong decisions. What they look for isn't a surefire formula for success. The lack of what they look for isn't a surefire formula for failure. Blade is a good example. He's not known for having a love interest but he ran into them on the job. Same can and HAS been done w/John. What you see as stoic can be seen by others as ''badass”. I really don't care to see a GL ***** about how scared he is of damn near everything. Maybe that's just me (& everybody who thought Hal's movie sucked). I wanna see a badass Marine turned GL doing badass ****. Overcome your fear & Daddy issues BEFORE you get the most powerful weapon in the galaxy.

Justice League Beyond-John is the main lantern.

jlbeyond-derek_ff.jpg

images

You are right,the picture i posted is from a origin story,and hal is not in it.He was shown only a short time in this story line in the justice league cartoon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"