Days of Future Past Hugh Jackman IS The Wolverine Thread - Part 1

Hugh is Wolverine just like Harrison Ford is Indy and Han Solo. I remember watching the X-men for the first time. Didn't even know that the movie existed, I just saw the VHS somewhere and bought it. That cagefight, cigar smoking, bar scene after...I felt like a kid. Amazing how he sold it immediately.

Got my Prisoners blu-ray here, waiting for me to watch it. Jackman is pretty good in that one too, I've heard.

It's amazing the change he's made to his body while playing the role. Just look at his physique in X1 when he got the role at the last minute compared to everything he puts into it now. It's incredible.

Hugh is Wolverine just like Harrison Ford is Indy and Han Solo. I remember watching the X-men for the first time. Didn't even know that the movie existed, I just saw the VHS somewhere and bought it. That cagefight, cigar smoking, bar scene after...I felt like a kid. Amazing how he sold it immediately.

Got my Prisoners blu-ray here, waiting for me to watch it. Jackman is pretty good in that one too, I've heard.

I've wanted to see just how far he goes in Prisoners.

It's amazing the change he's made to his body while playing the role. Just look at his physique in X1 when he got the role at the last minute compared to everything he puts into it now. It's incredible.

It is. And people would've been perfectly fine with X1's "not perfectly fit" Wolverine. Yet he works out like a maniac. Hah.

It is. And people would've been perfectly fine with X1's "not perfectly fit" Wolverine. Yet he works out like a maniac. Hah.

I would have been absolutely ok with it. It makes him more relatable, but he is supposed to be a superhero, so you have to appreciate what he's doing.

tumblr_n602ua12Of1swdsh3o8_1280.png

tumblr_n602ua12Of1swdsh3o9_1280.png

tumblr_n602ua12Of1swdsh3o4_1280.png

tumblr_n602ua12Of1swdsh3o7_1280.png

Damn these are awesome!

Agreed. The night it came out, I bought tickets for back to back shows. The first show was to see with my main group of friends, the second showing was to see with a friend coming in from Chicago. Of course, my Chicago friend's flight got cancelled at the last minute. Think that stopped me from watching that ****er again? Hell no...I sat next to a bunch of ghetto white dudes that had the time of their lives. Super nice. Kept offering me food and things when they found out my other buddy didn't make it, but they didn't really know a lot about what was going on, so I was their acting comic encyclopedia basically. :D

Yea I remember the day I saw it like the back of my hand. I had just started developing a social life in junior high school so my new friends and i went to go see it. Luckily we all grew up on X-men so we knew what to expect. But when the cage fight scene in the bar happened and I saw this hairy man fighting a drunk bald guy and then we hear that metal clang as he tried to hit him I was like "Wait is that?..."and then he turns around with that angry grimace and walks down the dude and proceeds to beat him up I was like..."OMG there he is!"

I would have been absolutely ok with it. It makes him more relatable, but he is supposed to be a superhero, so you have to appreciate what he's doing.
Physically what he's doing is almost unprecedented. He's showing a level of leaness and vascularity that is seen at bodybuilding competitions and not movies. He's actually like a comic book drawing come to life. I think he's kinda ruined if for whoever is cast after him as Wolverine. :funny:
How will any guy live up to what Jackman is doing as Wolverine? He's set an impossibly high bar to clear.

Damn these are awesome!

Yea I remember the day I saw it like the back of my hand. I had just started developing a social life in junior high school so my new friends and i went to go see it. Luckily we all grew up on X-men so we knew what to expect. But when the cage fight scene in the bar happened and I saw this hairy man fighting a drunk bald guy and then we hear that metal clang as he tried to hit him I was like "Wait is that?..."and then he turns around with that angry grimace and walks down the dude and proceeds to beat him up I was like..."OMG there he is!"

That first claw pop was so epic.

[BLACKOUT]How come Logan's claws did not break at the end fight when Magneto was throwing chunks of metal at him? They were just regular bone at that time right? And he did use them to deflect the debris thrown at him.[/BLACKOUT]

Last edited:
They're bone but they're strong - probably due to his healing factor. I remember he also hits the 70's sentinel with his claws and even though it looked like it hurt Logan, it didn't break.

My only issue with bone claws is that they dont always look quite as good or as believable as the metal claws now in the past two films, not sure what it is but bone claws just dont quite look right. Not a big issue but in some scenes I just notice it.

But at least it looked better compare to the bone claws of Origins: Wolverine.

I thought the adamantium looked perfect in Origins... said no-one ever :p

The adamantium claws in Origins looked so fake; especially in the scene where he's in the bathroom and looking at them for the first time. :down

I can't remember there being any shots where they looked good... Honestly, they looked fake as hell all the way through (even more fake than a man with metal claws already looks)

The adamantium claws in Origins looked so fake; especially in the scene where he's in the bathroom and looking at them for the first time. :down

That was truly the scene that took me out of Origins. I can't believe that scene was allowed to be kept in like that.

I just wish the film could have maintained some of that seriousness from Singer's films. It definitely went into abit more of the Last Stand kind of vibe.

Its a bit of shame that they pretty much perfected the look of the metal claws in The Wolverine and then lost them for pretty much the entire film in DOFP, except for scratching Kitty.

I finally caught the line they were saying in the car when they pulled up to Quicksilver's house. Charles was driving, badly, and you hear Logan say, "Next time I drive, so don't get used to it."

All I'd ever heard was the "don't get used to it" part the other times I saw it. That was pretty funny. :funny:

I also noticed that when he's asleep on the plane while Charles and Erik are talking over the chess game, you can see he's still clutching the armrest of the chair. Still not a fan of flying.

I also noticed that when he's asleep on the plane while Charles and Erik are talking over the chess game, you can see he's still clutching the armrest of the chair. Still not a fan of flying.

There were loads of little subtle things like that in Hugh's performance. I loved when Erik takes the chess board over to Charles, he opens an eye and raises an eyebrow. That's it, but it speaks a million words. Amazing

"So much for being a survivor." That's was cold man. Young Magneto was a d*** in this movie.
"Thank you for helping to free me Logan. Now I'm going to torture you with some rebar and then throw you into a river to drown.

And then he was doing this today...

I can't wait until Sunday. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"