Days of Future Past Hugh Jackman IS The Wolverine Thread - Part 1

Looks like the "Magneto gives Wolverine his Adamantium claws back" theory is probably correct. Bryan Singer hinted at it himself.

Indeed, although it's a little disconcerting that the way it was worded implied that Singer is not going to address it at all. The audience should be thrown a bone on this. As previously mentioned, a simple line of dialogue will suffice.

Indeed, although it's a little disconcerting that the way it was worded implied that Singer is not going to address it at all. The audience should be thrown a bone on this. As previously mentioned, a simple line of dialogue will suffice.

Agreed. They made such a point of it in The Wolverine that it should be covered in a line of dialogue at the very least.

Looks like the "Magneto gives Wolverine his Adamantium claws back" theory is probably correct. Bryan Singer hinted at it himself.

I am actually a bit disappointed in this. Was hoping they could come up with something more imaginative. But, if they explain it this to just get on with the rest of the movie it sort of makes sense.

I am actually a bit disappointed in this. Was hoping they could come up with something more imaginative. But, if they explain it this to just get on with the rest of the movie it sort of makes sense.

I'm the same, was disappointed with the reveal/reasoning.

This is the same reaction I will have IF they reveal in the film that Xavier is in his twin's body.

I'm the same, was disappointed with the reveal/reasoning.

This is the same reaction I will have IF they reveal in the film that Xavier is in his twin's body.

But what's the alternative? Some other wacky explanation? Surely they will pick a quick, simple reason if they need to get on with the movie.

There's already so much stuff going on in this film, there's no need to over-complicate how Wolverine got his metal claws back. It would just waste time, keep it simple.

Essentially Wolverine losing his adamantium claws was one of the things that needed "fixing". Since Wolverine is the time traveler and will not likely be fighting much in the future, there is no other reason for him to have the adamantium other than the fact that Bryan wanted the future version to have adamantium claws and the past version to have bone claws. It works better for the story he wants to tell and isn't going to spend a lot of time trying to reconcile the difference.

Essentially Wolverine losing his adamantium claws was one of the things that needed "fixing". Since Wolverine is the time traveler and will not likely be fighting much in the future, there is no other reason for him to have the adamantium other than the fact that Bryan wanted the future version to have adamantium claws and the past version to have bone claws. It works better for the story he wants to tell and isn't going to spend a lot of time trying to reconcile the difference.

Exactly. There's no need to waste what seems to be much needed time on story for something that could be explained away in passing dialogue. Adamantium would clearly be more effective against the Sentinels, so just mention that Mags did it for the good of mutantkind in the war and be done with it.

But what's the alternative? Some other wacky explanation? Surely they will pick a quick, simple reason if they need to get on with the movie.

In the immortal words of Angamb: "This is not my problem." :oldrazz:

Blame X-men 3 for killing the character in the first place. And blame them even more for coming up with a the stupid twin mind-transfer excuse!

As long as they mention how Wolverine got his adamantium claws back, its no problem for me.

In the immortal words of Angamb: "This is not my problem." :oldrazz:

Blame X-men 3 for killing the character in the first place. And blame them even more for coming up with a the stupid twin mind-transfer excuse!

That's not the issue though. What's done is done. I'm not defending what they did in X3, but the fact is that it happened.

The thing now is to move forward from it (not that I see much evidence of this on here, lol).

As long as they mention how Wolverine got his adamantium claws back, its no problem for me.
I think if they don't out right explain it's safe to assume he gave it back to him. Its ten years, they dont need to explain how Xavier replaces his chair either.

this movie may end up just being of them its 10 years later so use your imagination because we ain't gonna explain it things

Last edited:
Yeah. I think a line of dialogue may make it sound forced actually.

Good thing you gave me these! Sninkt

I know, good times ...

Storm: professor tell us again how you are back after being vaporized over 10 years ago

Xavier: ohh well its a funny story really

It could be shown when McAvoy reads future Wolverine's mind.

Storm: professor tell us again how you are back after being vaporized over 10 years ago

Xavier: ohh well its a funny story really

Like as if its gonna happen.

Okay let them not explain things and just let the audience speculate/question/scratch their heads why things are suddenly different like aka Wolverine having adamantium claws after it was chopped last year, Wolverine wondering why Prof X is still alive, etc...

It will just lead to bunch of speculations and unanswered questions.

Last edited:
Well its pretty obvious Magneto did it. We all just want it said in dialogue but we already figured it out. The audience will get it too.

The Xavier thing is a little different. Twins were never mentioned in X3

MO98BSr.jpg

image.jpg

The Big Three

Some people here are forgetting that the previous X-Men movie referenced their predecessors

-James McAvoy telling Moira he might be bald next time
-Magneto telling Rogue that he loves what Rogue done with her hair
-Wolverine and Professor X talking about Alkali Lake and that Wolverine didn't find anything, if I remember Prof X told him to go there
-Cyclops mentioning Ellis Island
-etc.....

They could easily explain and mention things that would connect the dots to the previous films.

Hugh is back hosting the Tony Awards:

Breaking News: He's Back! Hugh Jackman Set to Host 2014 Tony Awards!
February 11 2:02 PM 2014

258024C55-AED2-11C4-38DA4BAAF7955516.jpg.pagespeed.ce.6OTQ_T1SOf.jpg

Tony Award winner, Academy Award® nominated and Golden Globe-winning actor Hugh Jackman returns to host THE 68TH ANNUAL TONY AWARDS live from Radio City Music Hall in New York City, Sunday, June 8 (8:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network. This will be Jackman's fourth time hosting the Tony Awards. He previously hosted the 57th, 58th, and 59th Annual Tony Awards. Jackman received an Emmy Award for hosting the 58th Annual Tony Awards in the category of Outstanding Individual Performance in a Variety or Music Program.

"We are thrilled that Hugh will be joining us, once again, at Radio City Music Hall to host 'The 68th Annual Tony Awards,' said Charlotte St. Martin, Executive Director of The Broadway League and Heather Hitchens, Executive Director of the American Theatre Wing. "Hugh is an extraordinary talent and loyal supporter of the Broadway community - whether he is on-stage or in the audience - and we are honored to have him back as host."

"A great Broadway season + great host = a must watch live televised event," said Tony Awards Executive Producers Ricky Kirshner and Glenn Weiss of White Cherry Entertainment.

"We are thrilled to have Hugh Jackman return to host the Tony Awards," said Jack Sussman, Executive Vice President, Specials, Music and Live Events, CBS Entertainment. "He's the ultimate triple threat - actor, singer, dancer - he does it all, second to none. He is a consummate entertainer and the one you ultimately want out there hosting your live television event."

Jackman made his first major U.S. film appearance as Wolverine in the first installment of the "X-Men" series, a role he reprised in the enormously successful X2 and X-Men: The Last Stand in 2006. In May of 2009, Jackman played Wolverine in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which serves as a prequel to the popular series and grossed an outstanding $85 million domestically in its first weekend of release. This last July, 2013, audiences saw Jackman in the popular role once more in the next X-Men chapter, The Wolverine. Jackman reunited with the X-men team for X-Men: Days of Future Past, which is set for release in May of 2014. In his most recent role, Jackman appears in Warner Bros' Prisoners.

Jackman made his return to Broadway his one-man show "Hugh Jackman - Back on Broadway" in the fall of 2011. Although the show ran only until the end of the year, Jackman's continued dedication to the Broadway community was feted at the 2012 Tony Awards, where he received a Special Award from the Tony Awards Administration Committee, recognizing his accomplishments both as a performer as well as a humanitarian. In the fall of 2009, Broadway-goers could see Jackman in the Keith Huff penned "A Steady Rain" with Daniel Craig.

The June 2012 broadcast of "The 66th Annual Tony Awards" was honored this past year with four Primetime Emmy® Awards: Outstanding Special Class Program, Outstanding Music Direction, Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics and Outstanding Directing for a Variety Special and Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control for a Miniseries, Movie or a Special.

Ricky Kirshner and Glenn Weiss of White Cherry Entertainment will return as executive producers. Also, Weiss will serve as director for the 15th consecutive year.

Visit TonyAwards.com for more information. For up-to-the-minute news follow The Tony Awards on Facebook.com/TheTonyAwards or Twitter.com/TheTonyAwards.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/articl...Jackman-Set-to-Host-2014-Tony-Awards-20140211

His adorable video announcement on Instagram:

Hugh Jackman ‏@RealHughJackman 2h
Couldn't wait another minute... @TheTonyAwards @cbs_ #4thTime #Broadway #TheTonyAwards http://TonyAwards.com http://instagram.com/p/kSW3EjChLQ/

http://instagram.com/p/kSW3EjChLQ/#

Woohoo!!! :awesome:

I read that on Twitter during a meeting at work...it was hard to keep up with the meeting after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"