Hulk vs. Thing for FF2

superion

Civilian
Reaction score
Now that Marvel has the rights to the Hulk back is there any reason why the Hulk can't be used as a opponent for FF2. It could even serve as a spring board for relaunching the Hulk franchise.

That way a SS/Galactus storyline can be used to conmplete the trilogy.

superion said:
Now that Marvel has the rights to the Hulk back...
Did anyone else get this memo?
I wouldn't think those rights have expired yet...but sure, it would be great to see aThing vs Hulk battle on the big screen.

But I think they'd have to morph Ben further, towards his more monstrous appearance and to a more formidable size...And I hope we never see the Hulk standing 16 feet tall again. :mad:

Yes, burdening Ben with the assignment of taking down another monster while simultaneously dealing with his own frightening metamorphosis would make for one ash-kicking superhero film, both visually and emotionally.

So it'll never happen.

It's on the Hulk boards. Universal rights to the Hulk has lapsed and they have reverted back to Marvel.

Quote:
http://home.businesswire.com/portal/... 1&newsLang=en

Marvel's Chairman, Morton Handel, commented, "We are pleased with the financial results for 2005 and the strong cash flows generated by our operations. Several watershed events in 2005 have set the stage for the next phase of Marvel's growth. We announced a slate of feature films to be produced by Marvel using non-recourse, third-party debt financing. We are actively working on scripts for Captain America, Ant-Man and Nick Fury and expect that one of these could be our first film in production next year with a release in 2008. In addition, the rights for Hulk and Iron Man reverted back to Marvel, which will enable the Company to secure a significantly higher portion of the economic benefit than under the previous licenses signed several years ago. In global licensing, we completed a video game extension agreement with Activision for our Spider-Man and X-Men properties and announced a multi-player online persistent universe game with Microsoft, both leaders in their respective industry segments. Lastly, early in 2006 we entered into a five-year toy license with Hasbro in the action figure and role play toy categories, which should extend the global reach of the Marvel brand."

Everyone always talkes about these cameo's and vs. battles, but I don't think one will ever happen as long as your talking about big name characters. IMO you will never see Spiderman in Ghost Rider, Hulk vs Thing, and so on and so on. If they ever do then that would be great, but I think it's a HUGE wish on your wishlist

A Hulk vs Thing movie fight might look like this cool pic I found for sale on eBay.

Hulk-Vs-Thing-FLAT-EB.jpg

screenamesuck said:
Everyone always talkes about these cameo's and vs. battles, but I don't think one will ever happen as long as your talking about big name characters. IMO you will never see Spiderman in Ghost Rider, Hulk vs Thing, and so on and so on. If they ever do then that would be great, but I think it's a HUGE wish on your wishlist

I agree. Won't happen.

Cool pic...I LIKE IT...it's would be cool if that already made in a movie .lol.

Man thats one awesome pic it deserves its own thread

I´d love to see a Hulk vs. Things battle at some point though I agree that cross-overs aren´t likely to happen anytime soon.

Still, we can always hope :)

I wouldn't oppose seeing a Hulk vs. Thing in a FF sequel.

Marvel's deal is with Paramount for distribution so that will probably stop any chance of Hulk appearing in a Fox movie
The thing is it seems ppl are more interested in using the carcass of the F4 to launch the Silver Surfer or Hulk than they are in a fresh F4 movie that will hopefully improve on the first one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"