Superman Returns I apologize for the new thread, but I must know...

Super Kal

Proud Conservative
Reaction score
I havent had the internet for the past 2 weeks, and I must know... why was the release changed from June 30 to June 28?

again, I apologize for the new thread, but I searched everywhere for the thread and I couldn't find it.

to give the audience more time to give WB their money before PotC2 hits theaters...hehe

they're saying they wanna let the fanboys see it on tues night, wed, and thurs so it'll make room for the general audience on friday.

so... there's no deep reason behind it?... they just decided to release it sooner?

To make the fans from the UK pissed off because Superman is not returning over there until after the World Cup But seriously probably to also fight off Bootleggs / Piracy.

Probably to give it more time before Pirates of the Carribean 2 comes out. Instead of a week, it'll have 9 days. Plus, it has basically a 6 day weekend (Wednesday through Tuesday, the fourth of July). Just more time to make money.

kakarot069 said:
so... there's no deep reason behind it?... they just decided to release it sooner?
well there's a reason, but i dunno if you'd call it deep...

...they wanted to put more space in between the release of SR and the release of PotC2 so they could make more money.

DorkyFresh said:
they wanted to put more space in between the release of SR and the release of PotC2 so they could make more money.

Actually we do NOT know why they moved it up

okay, thanks for the info...

it's tough not having accessible internet access.

TrailerMusic said:
Actually we do NOT know why they moved it up

oh my bad, i thought that's why the moved it up...

...okay....we don't know EXACTLY why but that's a pretty good guess.

DorkyFresh said:
but that's a pretty good guess.

Whys that ? So I guess the WB thought the same last year when they moved up Batman the same way they did Superman & any other Movie that got moved up is because the Studio was afraid of another Movie or some Event ?

oh well... it's still all good.

We get to see the movie earlier. :D

i dunno, i think it's just common sense....Superman was original slated for June 30th, PotC2 opens a week and a half aftewards and SR moves up 2 days....so most people figured it's a chance for WB to draw in more money...

DorkyFresh said:
so most people figured it's a chance for WB to draw in more money...

Yet we dont really know now do we. Id stop saying thats fact :o

They moved it up to separate from pirates of the caribbean2 and to take full advatage of july 4th. now everyday of its first week is like a weekend day. opening day, second day, first weekend, then july 3rd n 4th.

TrailerMusic said:

ummm.....dude reread that post please. i posted in that same post "i dunno, i think..." along with "most people figured"...

...i'm not saying it's a fact...just what we think.

To make me have to go back in and ****ing change my damn time off request from work :mad:

DorkyFresh said:
to give the audience more time to give WB their money before PotC2 hits theaters...hehe

yeah this is the "logical" reason ;)

...although WB has yet to disclose any reason why they're releasing it earlier. knowing them, they'll give every reason imaginable (including making it appear their doing it out of the goodness of their hearts :rolleyes: ) EXCEPT, a threat from POTC2.

btw i finally saw the trailer for that in the bigscreen. strikes me to be more of the same.

I think people sometimes think people pick one movie for the year and don't watch anything eles ;). it doesn't work like that.. most people will see both.

i just hope they pull the uk date forward.

there is still time.

:)

TrailerMusic said:

You can bet that they pushed it back to seperate from POTC2 and to take full advantage of July 4th weekend as Excel has said. I don't know what your argument is. There really isn't any other logical explanation.

The new release date gives the Bryan Singer film a seven-day period in which to get off the ground. Considering that Fox's "X3" (which Singer, of course, was originally going to direct, but then left to make "Superman") grossed nearly $123 million for just four days over Memorial Day weekend, "Superman" could enjoy out-of-this-world returns for its seven-day "opening weekend." Its Wednesday kickoff will generate heat-of-opening-day ticket sales and get word-of-mouth going. Sunday and Monday should be like two extra Saturday nights since most people won't have to get up to go to work Monday or Tuesday.

I didn't think it was that unusual for a film opening on July 4th weekend to be moved up to Wednesday?

In the case of SR, I think everyone is just having a knee-jerk reaction to the success of X3 and making a big deal out of the change. (ie. "Oh, X3 did really good, so I bet the studio is worried about Superman not looking as impressive.")

Showtime029 said:
There really isn't any other logical explanation.

You guys have fun then. With the speculation of something thats never been said / confirmed to begin with. I guess you can say the same thing when Batman Begins & any other Movie that opened earlier then Original Release Date. So from now on when a Studio Opens a Movie earlier then Normal

THEY ARE SCARED OF ANOTHER MOVIE. If your going to use this as fact for Superman Returns then use it for everything else that gets this treatment

PunisherPoster said:
I didn't think it was that unusual for a film opening on July 4th weekend to be moved up to Wednesday?

In the case of SR, I think everyone is just having a knee-jerk reaction to the success of X3 and making a big deal out of the change. (ie. "Oh, X3 did really good, so I bet the studio is worried about Superman not looking as impressive.")

X3s success = nothing as the Box Office Drops for that Movie show it will be pretty much dead by the time SR comes out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"